Post Here if you are Rooting for the PHILLIES!

uart

I root for the Phils because I can not root for another AL East team.

I'm with you on that. Plus the Tampa Bay "fanbase" sucks donkey balls. The Rays were getting 15,000 - 18,000 crowds in September. F Them.

Go Phillies.

i am

i like hamels, he's the best young pitcher in the game (as i've been saying on here for awhile except my jokes of Kazmir being the next walter johnson haha...kaz is still ill too, anyways)

i also like utley and howard, and burrel. and the flyin hawian

All these years of rooting for The Rays is finally paying off for me. I remember going to games with less than 7000 in attendance. Sure it sucked for the team, but as a baseball fan it was great. You could sit anywhere you wanted to for about $4 with the AAA discount. I lived only 8 blocks from the Trop, you could see it from my front yard. I grew up a fan of the Yanks, but after seeing them bring in guys like Giambi, and the like, I got sick of them buying a team. If you couple that with the fact that I was getting to really follow the young players the Rays had like Rocco, Carl, BJ, etc. It wasn't too hard for me to trade in my pinstripes for cowbell.

I'm sure most people on this board probably will denegrate me for leaving the Yanks, but I lived in Saint Pete for many years. I still consider Saint Pete more of a home to me than NY is. I'll tell you one thing though, rooting for a horrible team for so long sure feels really good now.

I hope the series is entertaining. Rays in 6.

All these years of rooting for The Rays is finally paying off for me. I remember going to games with less than 7000 in attendance. Sure it sucked for the team, but as a baseball fan it was great. You could sit anywhere you wanted to for about $4 with the AAA discount. I lived only 8 blocks from the Trop, you could see it from my front yard. I grew up a fan of the Yanks, but after seeing them bring in guys like Giambi, and the like, I got sick of them buying a team. If you couple that with the fact that I was getting to really follow the young players the Rays had like Rocco, Carl, BJ, etc. It wasn't too hard for me to trade in my pinstripes for cowbell.

I'm sure most people on this board probably will denegrate me for leaving the Yanks, but I lived in Saint Pete for many years. I still consider Saint Pete more of a home to me than NY is. I'll tell you one thing though, rooting for a horrible team for so long sure feels really good now.

Its perfectly fine for you to root for your home team, especially since you lived through the sh!tty years of this franchise. If you jumped aboard this year when the going was good then people could have a problem...

Like last June?

All jokes aside It's pretty cool that I'm down here while this is all happening. But the Trop sucks, worst baseball experience ever. The worst is when its April and Baseball just started. You drive to the Trop and its a beautiful day. Do a little tailgating in the parking lot and go inside. Inside that awful dome, sucks the life right of you. If I wanted to be inside I'd go bowling.

**** the American League. I ditched them many years ago when they quit playing real baseball and adopted the designated hitter. It's an abomination to the sport! What's next? Steady QB for the NFL!?!

Please don't tell me you just brought up the DH. Are you Bob Costas?

**** the American League. I ditched them many years ago when they quit playing real baseball and adopted the designated hitter. It's an abomination to the sport! What's next? Steady QB for the NFL!?!

thats funny, the AL is big boy baseball

NL is weak, small payroll ish

Although I'm an AL fan and like the Rays Cinderella story, I'm rooting for the Phils because of the city of brotherly love. They haven't won a title there in any sport in over 2 decades. That's crazy.

TB has already won a recent title with the Bucs, and Florida has had championships with the Heat and Marlins.

Let Philadelphia finally celebrate.

Archived