Laurence "Kool Aid" Maroney out for the season

ProFootballTalk.com

MARONEY TO IR

Posted by Mike Florio on October 20, 2008, 5:34 p.m.

The New England Patriots have placed running back Laurence Maroney on injured reserve, according to Mike Reiss of the Boston Globe.

The Patriots have not yet announced the move.

Maroney rushed for only 93 yards in three games this year. He was a first-round pick in 2006.

The remaining running backs on the roster are Sammy Morris, Kevin Faulk, LaMont Jordan, Heath Evans, and BenJarvus Green-Ellis.

Pats are done. This is not Jets Homerism anymore, Its official. They are done.

It's a shame the Jets are so poorly coached. This is most likely going to be the Jets BEST chance at winning the AFCE until Brady retires. I hope the season turns itself around - It's just really a shame that our biggest obstacle to winning the division is a non factor, and we're still the Same ol' Jets:cry:

Good call McLovin.

Ya ever been deer hunting? In case ya haven't, i'll help ya describe the Pats this season.... When ya shoot a deer, it often jumps and runs for a hellova long way before it finally succumbs and drops. Thats the Pats this year. They are dead, the stubborn SOB's just don't know it yet... Anyway, thats my story and i'm sticking to it. ;)