PENNINGTON SHOULD BE OUR QB

The Incredible BULK

Chad had a problem w/ that for ONE year and he was playing hurt and had no talent around him. You enjoy watching Favre kill us every week? W/ Chad we'd be at worst 4-2 and likely 5-1. SO FAR the trade is a disaster on the field.

I'd like to respond to your idiotic assertion that we would be 5-1 with Jimmy Pennington throwing the football for us instead of Brett Farve .... but I have to apologize .... I just ...... I just dont know where to begin.

Hopefully the drugs are perscribed and not bought off the street. You can change. Life doesn't have to be this way for you. Good luck.

• Upvote 1

Chad had a problem w/ that for ONE year and he was playing hurt and had no talent around him. You enjoy watching Favre kill us every week? W/ Chad we'd be at worst 4-2 and likely 5-1. SO FAR the trade is a disaster on the field.

Good lord.

Thank god we didn't have all that bad luck Herm is having, right? :lol:

Chad sucks get over it

Chad beats the Bad teams like the Raiders. With Chad as our QB the Jets would be 4-2. possibly 5-1. Don't get me wrong I don't think Chad is a better QB then Favre but he knows the system the Jets have a lot of bad teams on the schedule plus a pretty good D this season that all = Chad going 10-6

Chad beats the Bad teams like the Raiders. With Chad as our QB the Jets would be 4-2. possibly 5-1. Don't get me wrong I don't think Chad is a better QB then Favre but he knows the system the Jets have a lot of bad teams on the schedule plus a pretty good D this season that all = Chad going 10-6

And Chad makes all those throws that kept us ahead of death in the Az game huh? I dont think so dude. Just saying.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to respond to your idiotic assertion that we would be 5-1 with Jimmy Pennington throwing the football for us instead of Brett Farve .... but I have to apologize .... I just ...... I just dont know where to begin.

Hopefully the drugs are perscribed and not bought off the street. You can change. Life doesn't have to be this way for you. Good luck.

It'sunfortunate you like fantasy football better than rela football. W/ Chad(who is healthy now) he'd know the O and we likely would have beaten NE and definitely would have beaten Oakland. favre is HOLDING US BACK right now. he has been awful, 13 pts in 5 qtrs at Oakland is atrocious ESPECIALLY when he had 200 yds+ rushing from his backs and recievers.

And Chad makes all those throws that kept us ahead of death in the Az game huh? I dont think so dude. Just saying.

We had 9 million TOs created by the D, our o was in great position all game long. YES we beat Arizona. We may not have had the quick strikes but we would have scored more than enough to win and before I get the "he couldn't lead us to 34 points in a half" BS remember that 2 short years ago at lambeau Field he led us to 31 pts at the half and our d only forced TWO Tos in the first half not FIVE(PLUS a blocked FG) like we had against Ari.

It'sunfortunate you like fantasy football better than rela football. W/ Chad(who is healthy now) he'd know the O and we likely would have beaten NE and definitely would have beaten Oakland. favre is HOLDING US BACK right now. he has been awful, 13 pts in 5 qtrs at Oakland is atrocious ESPECIALLY when he had 200 yds+ rushing from his backs and recievers.

Oh yeah, because we know how effective of a QB Chad has been against the Patriots in his career. So much so that the Dolphins entire offensive gameplan in their matchup involved taking the ball OUT of Chad's hands. We might have beaten Oakland with Chad, but we all know full well Chad has lost the Jets PLENTY of games that they were "supposed" to win, so that's certainly not a given. But there's no way he keeps up with Arizona's offense in the second half of that game, and that would've been a loss (one which he would've of course ended up blameless for, since it would have been the defenses faul,t right?), and I'm willing to bet that we lose just as badly, likely worse, with Chad under center against NE. At best we would've had the same record so far with Chad, but certainly no better and long term, this team is a lot better off. The guy just isn't very good. He hasn't been for a very long time.

I really don't get what this arguement accomplishes at all to be honest. Favre threw 6 TD's in a game, 3 of which any QB in the league would have thrown (The garbage time throw to Keller, The 4th down play to Cotch and the play were the CB fell), but seriously what does that say about the rest of the season. Take out that game and Favre has been below average as a Jet, way below average. He was bad in the Patriots game, the San Diego game, the Cincy game and the Oakland game. I've said from start to finish that Chad was NEVER the problem with this team, yeah sure he had his limitations and would never win you a SB but he was not the main reason this team went 4-12 last season, despite the claims of some. He's been pretty good as a Dolphin, regardless of formations while Favre to be honest has struggled here. One things for sure, Chad certainly LOOK more comfortable in his 'new' offense than Brett does in his.

Like Serphnx pointed out there's a common denominator in all this conservative **** and shockingly it is not Pennington. Me and ecurb consistently got killed for pointing out last year that Chad didn't draw up or call the plays, it was only when Kellen came in that people started questioning the playcalling for what it was - ****! Now that Favre's here the opinion that people didn't want to believe and tried to cover up when Chad was at QB has now been exposed as the popular opinion. Our coaching staff and their placalling suck donkeyballs.

Not that you don't have any good points here, but you throw away 3 of Favre's TD's as "any QB" could have made that throw. As though both of Cobbs' TD's were only because of Pennington's magical accuracy? Brad Smith would have had zero difficulty throwing those. One went 2 yards & the other one Cobbs was all alone with no one within 15 yards of him on a trick play. To say nothing of the other 4. How many of Pennington's TD's this year required his singular skill? Approximately zero? Pretty weak.

The one I know would have required his marvelous accuracy was at the close of the week 1 game, and he choked.

And not that Favre has been without fault this year (clearly the opposite is very true), but if 6 TD's in a game was so easy as to brush it off like no big deal, it would have been done by dozens of QB's over the years.

Oh yeah, because we know how effective of a QB Chad has been against the Patriots in his career. So much so that the Dolphins entire offensive gameplan in their matchup involved taking the ball OUT of Chad's hands. We might have beaten Oakland with Chad, but we all know full well Chad has lost the Jets PLENTY of games that they were "supposed" to win, so that's certainly not a given. But there's no way he keeps up with Arizona's offense in the second half of that game, and that would've been a loss (one which he would've of course ended up blameless for, since it would have been the defenses faul,t right?), and I'm willing to bet that we lose just as badly, likely worse, with Chad under center against NE. At best we would've had the same record so far with Chad, but certainly no better and long term, this team is a lot better off. The guy just isn't very good. He hasn't been for a very long time.

Yes Chad beats the Tom Bradyless Pats*

Not that you don't have any good points here, but you throw away 3 of Favre's TD's as "any QB" could have made that throw. As though both of Cobbs' TD's were only because of Pennington's magical accuracy? Brad Smith would have had zero difficulty throwing those. One went 2 yards & the other one Cobbs was all alone with no one within 15 yards of him on a trick play. To say nothing of the other 4. How many of Pennington's TD's this year required his singular skill? Approximately zero? Pretty weak.

The one I know would have required his marvelous accuracy was at the close of the week 1 game, and he choked.

And not that Favre has been without fault this year (clearly the opposite is very true), but if 6 TD's in a game was so easy as to brush it off like no big deal, it would have been done by dozens of QB's over the years.

That post was not originally intended to be a praise of Pennington as much as it was just a criticism of our current/past coaching staffs.

Pennington hasn't been great this season. From what I've seen he's just been efficient and was a big part of their two wins over NE and SD, where regardless of gimmick formations, he was still pretty solid.

I know 6 TD's was impressive, I was more pointing out that I'd prefer Favre threw 6TD's in three games and win three games rather than throw 6 in one. My point was that away from that game, Favre has been below average.

Just so we know Chad w/ that win has the bgets record of any opposing QB at Gillette Stadium and he hasn't played the most games there. WE probably would have beaten NE, we definitely would have beaten Oak and be at worst 4-2. That doesn't mean Favre cannot turn it around and lead us to a better record than we would have had w/ Chad but so far the trade has been a disaster on the field.

Again, see the GB example from 2006 if you don't think we would have won the Ari game.

Seriously, with Chad we lose to Arizona and possibly to Miami as well.

2-4 at best.

Chad nearly beat us w/ half the talent in Miami, he never loses to Miami. We would ahve betaen them. Again, why would we have lost to Arizona? We'd be at worst 4-2 and likely 5-1 beating Matt cassell's Pats like he did w/ Miami.

Chad nearly beat us w/ half the talent in Miami, he never loses to Miami. We would ahve betaen them. Again, why would we have lost to Arizona? We'd be at worst 4-2 and likely 5-1 beating Matt cassell's Pats like he did w/ Miami.

Ronnie Brown beat Matt Cassel.

You can't have it both ways.

If Chad, as a Jet, wins game one because 'he never loses to Miami', then he loses to New England because 'he never wins against New England'

Ronnie Brown beat Matt Cassel.

You can't have it both ways.

If Chad, as a Jet, wins game one because 'he never loses to Miami', then he loses to New England because 'he never wins against New England'

Chad beat NE a couple of times as a Jet and once as a Phin. No QB has beaten them more than he has. Remember he was hurt for many of our Pats losses.

And 3x the coaching

My lord, I can't believe this thread is still going. If Chad were your QB you would have never beaten Arizona therefore the Jets would be 2-4, making you better off with Brett. The great QB swap of 2008 was good for all of the teams involved, Green Bay might be better off without Favre there, the Jets are better with Favre and Miami is better with Noodle Arm. Just my 2-cents.

My lord, I can't believe this thread is still going. If Chad were your QB you would have never beaten Arizona therefore the Jets would be 2-4, making you better off with Brett. The great QB swap of 2008 was good for all of the teams involved, Green Bay might be better off without Favre there, the Jets are better with Favre and Miami is better with Noodle Arm. Just my 2-cents.

Lots of Passionate JET fans!