PENNINGTON SHOULD BE OUR QB

The Incredible BULK

HaHa, not really, I've had alot of practice saying it. I pretty much said it in every other post here untill, uhmm, early August ;)

Seriously though, he is throwing it better this year than in years past. He actually just had his longest pass ever in the NFL.

We didn't lose a QB - you guys gained a flanker - everybody wins!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HaHa, not really, I've had alot of practice saying it. I pretty much said it in every other post here untill, uhmm, early August ;)

Seriously though, he is throwing it better this year than in years past. He actually just had his longest pass ever in the NFL.

You mean the dump off for Cobb that went for 80?

Ha, he's a hell of a blocker on the outside, just watch out for his shoulder. And his ankle, dont forget to watch out for the ankle too.

Did you catch Favre's block on Brad Smith's 36 yard reverse on Sunday? Thing of beauty. ;)

Ahemmm, it was a designed screen pass sir ;) But yes, that one. Don't give me too much crap for that, it was a pass, it was his longest in the NFL and it was for 80 yards.

Lol, well I'd say it's very fitting that Chad's longest pass in the NFL actually traveled about 3 yards..

Ha yeah, I was forced to watch them last week, after a Dolphin loss I might add. I also noticed a little wild cat offense from the Jets too, whats up with that?

Brad Smith was a QB in college (had over 4,000 yards rushing) and we used that play once on a 3rd and 1 or 2 I believe. He gained 5 yards. Might've been 4th down, I forget.

But they could definitely run it and run it somewhat effectively with Smith & Leon Washington if they choose to do so from here on out.

Ha yeah, I was forced to watch them last week, after a Dolphin loss I might add. I also noticed a little wild cat offense from the Jets too, whats up with that?

I believe we used it last year with Leon Washington. It might have been the year before, I'm not sure but I know Leon's run for a TD out of that formation and I want to say he threw for one too, but I could be mistaken about that part.

I believe we used it last year with Leon Washington. It might have been the year before, I'm not sure but I know Leon's run for a TD out of that formation and I want to say he threw for one too, but I could be mistaken about that part.

We used that the last few years w/ Chad and Brad Smith/Leon and we also had used it w/ Vinny.

I seem to recall Leon tossing a TD from it too, not sure when exactly.

NYJUNC, right now, would you rather have Brett Favre or Chad Pennington as your starting QB?

Right now this moment? Chad w/o question. BUT I think our ceiling could be higher w/ Brett IF he gets this O down and starts playing like he is capable of but right now w/ a healthy Chad we'd be at worst 4-2 and likely 5-1.

That's pretty good, 5-1. Easy to say it when he doesn't have to do it to make you anywhere close to correct.

It's no different than people saying "if we had Brett Favre we'd be 5-1 instead of 3-3." Saying it's so doesn't make it so, no matter how many times you repeat it.

Go assume that everything good on offense would have happened exactly the same and everything bad would have been eradicated if only Chad were here.

Chad is 2-5 right now and those two wins came courtesy of a combination of trick plays, premiere rushing performances on his own team, and shutting down the opponent's offense. I dare say given those circumstances, Joey Harrington would also have the Dolphins at no worse than 2-5.

That's pretty good, 5-1. Easy to say it when he doesn't have to do it to make you anywhere close to correct.

It's no different than people saying "if we had Brett Favre we'd be 5-1 instead of 3-3." Saying it's so doesn't make it so, no matter how many times you repeat it.

Go assume that everything good on offense would have happened exactly the same and everything bad would have been eradicated if only Chad were here.

Chad is 2-5 right now and those two wins came courtesy of a combination of trick plays, premiere rushing performances on his own team, and shutting down the opponent's offense. I dare say given those circumstances, Joey Harrington would also have the Dolphins at no worse than 2-5.

You would like to think this bit of truth would put an end to the thread and the insanity - but I see that junc kid lurking and I'm sure pondering his next profundity. This is like fk'n Groundhog Day anymore - "if Chad" "would Chad" - intercourse Chad.

I happened upon this tidbit from the Miami Herald yesterday. I think this writer is spot on:

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nfl?page=5

Henne's time coming in Miami?

Chad Pennington can take the Dolphins only so far. Pennington, solid and stable and safe today, is not the Dolphins franchise quarterback of tomorrow. That has become increasingly obvious as games have made us familiar with Pennington's abilities. Those abilities are to get rid of the ball quickly, avoid major mistakes and often, all too often, decline the chance to throw deep. Pennington's style is acceptable when the Dolphins are playing with a lead or when the defense is pitching shutouts. But that hasn't been the case for Miami lately and it has exposed Pennington's limitations. It also hurt him that after weeks of wondering why the Dolphins did not throw the ball deep, the reason shifted from the inability of Miami receivers to get open to Pennington's inability to connect. That's because against the Ravens both Ted Ginn Jr. and Greg Camarillo were open deep several times. And Pennington never threw them the ball on those occasions. So where does that leave the Dolphins now? Nowhere. Pennington is their starter. Where should it lead the Dolphins eventually? To Chad Henne. Last week, Dolphins offensive coordinator Dan Henning was talking about Henne when he boldly said the Miami rookie is every bit as good as Atlanta's Matt Ryan and Baltimore's Joe Flacco -- two rookies that were drafted before Henne and are already starting for their teams. Henning went on to predict when Henne plays ``he will play well.'' Sparano also showed a certain amount of confidence in Henne on Monday when he admitted he thought of inserting the rookie late into the Baltimore game. The idea was not necessarily to replace Pennington, but to give Henne some valuable snaps against a fine defense.

Miami Herald

I happened upon this tidbit from the Miami Herald yesterday. I think this writer is spot on:

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nfl?page=5

Henne's time coming in Miami?

Chad Pennington can take the Dolphins only so far. Pennington, solid and stable and safe today, is not the Dolphins franchise quarterback of tomorrow. That has become increasingly obvious as games have made us familiar with Pennington's abilities. Those abilities are to get rid of the ball quickly, avoid major mistakes and often, all too often, decline the chance to throw deep. Pennington's style is acceptable when the Dolphins are playing with a lead or when the defense is pitching shutouts. But that hasn't been the case for Miami lately and it has exposed Pennington's limitations. It also hurt him that after weeks of wondering why the Dolphins did not throw the ball deep, the reason shifted from the inability of Miami receivers to get open to Pennington's inability to connect. That's because against the Ravens both Ted Ginn Jr. and Greg Camarillo were open deep several times. And Pennington never threw them the ball on those occasions. So where does that leave the Dolphins now? Nowhere. Pennington is their starter. Where should it lead the Dolphins eventually? To Chad Henne. Last week, Dolphins offensive coordinator Dan Henning was talking about Henne when he boldly said the Miami rookie is every bit as good as Atlanta's Matt Ryan and Baltimore's Joe Flacco -- two rookies that were drafted before Henne and are already starting for their teams. Henning went on to predict when Henne plays ``he will play well.'' Sparano also showed a certain amount of confidence in Henne on Monday when he admitted he thought of inserting the rookie late into the Baltimore game. The idea was not necessarily to replace Pennington, but to give Henne some valuable snaps against a fine defense.

Miami Herald

There wasn't too much of that last year.;)

The NE & Oak losses were due to ineffective offense, w/ a QB still learning the system. Chad obviously knows this O well so it is fairly safe to assume we likely would have won both and at the very worst the Oak game.

The NE & Oak losses were due to ineffective offense, w/ a QB still learning the system. Chad obviously knows this O well so it is fairly safe to assume we likely would have won both and at the very worst the Oak game.

So what you're saying is Favre didn't know how to look for the receivers that weren't open because he didn't know the system?

Chad's never really run an effective offense.

Yes, he can move the ball between the 20s, but that's about where it ends.

I'm not trying to be argumentative here, but thanks to poor coaching/game planning/play calling, I'm pretty sure we lose both those games with either QB behind center.

Both games were perfect examples of wasted opportunities and self-inflicted handicapping of the offense.

I don't ASSUME Pennington wins any game no matter how stout the defense plays. There are no "automatic" wins. For all you know he would have thrown a late pick-6 and the game isn't even as close as it was.

So what you're saying is Favre didn't know how to look for the receivers that weren't open because he didn't know the system?

So it's the receivers that are the problem? Playting such scrubs like Coles & Cotch how could a QB be expected to perform?:shutit:

I'm not trying to be argumentative here, but thanks to poor coaching/game planning/play calling, I'm pretty sure we lose both those games with either QB behind center.

Both games were perfect examples of wasted opportunities and self-inflicted handicapping of the offense.

That could be true, this staff has done a porr job BUT I doubt Chad forces that ball to Cotch and throws that killer INT. I juts think w/ the gorund game working the way it was we would have found ways to score more points.

So it's the receivers that are the problem? Playting such scrubs like Coles & Cotch how could a QB be expected to perform?

I'm not saying that at all dude - I'm saying the playcall was not good enough to get a lot of receivers open - obviously thats a problem.

I'm not saying that at all dude - I'm saying the playcall was not good enough to get a lot of receivers open - obviously thats a problem.

The playcalling was good in Arizona and bad every other game? I find that hard to believe, it's about execution and we aren't executing right now. I expect that to change but we cannot wait much longer for it to change.

The playcalling was good in Arizona and bad every other game? I find that hard to believe, it's about execution and we aren't executing right now. I expect that to change but we cannot wait much longer for it to change.

The offensive playcalling has been bad for three years, not just this year. I've always believed that this short-passing attack was more a product of the playcalling as opposed to who we had under center.

Brett Favre was not a good move for this team, I stand by this. That performance today was simply awful, while Pennington continues to outplay him vs Better D's. We're not doing anything this season, just like we wouldn't have done much with Chad. The trade provided nothing. Favre has been horrible away from one game this season.

This thread is the HEIGHT of retardation. Penneington sucks and the jets were 100% right to dump him. They shoulda sent him out the division though.

meanwhile w/ half the talent Chad has his team just 1 game behind us and playing much better football than we are. Chad is playing MUCH better football than Favre is and it's not even close.

Archived