PENNINGTON SHOULD BE OUR QB

The Incredible BULK

The Jets gave up a 3rd round pick for a QB who is 39 years old, costs 12 million a year and has exactly 1 more win than your previous QB, who is putting up better numbers, only costs 4 million a year and will be in the league beyond next year... You make the call.

To be fair, Pennington's cap hit would have been $9M this year for the Jets, not $4M.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Pennington was still on the Jets roster, Kellen Clemens would be starting.

I doubt that. I wanted Clemens to be the starter myself. But I only wanted it if he was any good, which he apparently isn't.

Clemens was ok to just throw in there in the 2nd half of 2007 when our season was over. But when you make all the off-season moves we did this year, the best QB on the roster has to be the starter. I couldn't stand the way Pennington limited our gameplans here, but that doesn't make Clemens a better choice.

I seriously doubt he would have been the starter here, and that's with a staff who - very badly - wanted Clemens to succeed.

I doubt that. I wanted Clemens to be the starter myself. But I only wanted it if he was any good, which he apparently isn't.

Clemens was ok to just throw in there in the 2nd half of 2007 when our season was over. But when you make all the off-season moves we did this year, the best QB on the roster has to be the starter. I couldn't stand the way Pennington limited our gameplans here, but that doesn't make Clemens a better choice.

I seriously doubt he would have been the starter here, and that's with a staff who - very badly - wanted Clemens to succeed.

Nicely said.

Chad may have been 5-2 with the JETS right now because Brett is still "learning" the playbook and Chad knew it.

I wonder how Chad learned the Miami playbook so quick and he is half the quaterback Brett is?

Nicely said.

Chad may have been 5-2 with the JETS right now because Brett is still "learning" the playbook and Chad knew it.

I wonder how Chad learned the Miami playbook so quick and he is half the quaterback Brett is?

Chad is incredebly smart and he has played for Parcells and Henning before. He was familliar with our system.

Ummm, he had a firm understanding of our base offense to start with. The wildcat didn't rear it's head untill week 3, luckilly he learned how to line up like a WR and block the outside. It's really the RB who has to be smart with those plays, Chad basically turns into a blocker.

Archived