Wow

LiLMiCKMANTLE

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree. Anyone who really knows gg loves her. Of course, you wouldn't know that if you just strolled on over here.

So.. giving the benefit of the doubt.. some friendly advice to JetsBabe.. going toe to toe with one of the JN favorites is not going to garnish too much respect around here.

I understand we have all invaded your home but in Jets Babe's defense, GG is not making a good first impression on us either.

we've been plenty respectful, thanks mod.

oh, and by the way hag. i don't watch gossip girls or hannah montana. i'm 20, and i'm a junior in college and a marketing professional. so please, lay off the personal attacks on me. k thanks.

Hmmm, so that's what they're calling it these days? I liked exotic dancer better. Change is the way of the world I guess.

I understand we have all invaded your home but in Jets Babe's defense, GG is not making a good first impression on us either.

um...GG has been here forever. I'm thinking your first impressions on the old school clique is of more importance during the feeling out (not up, Mod's! ;)) process. You know?

We have to try and make a good first impression on you?

I'll break out the tea cozy. You guys have any preference on what to serve at the new posters high tea? It might be a bit too traditional, but I'm inclined to go with finger sandwiches and slow brewed jasmin/oolong. Reactions?

we've been plenty respectful, thanks mod.

oh, and by the way hag. i don't watch gossip girls or hannah montana. i'm 20, and i'm a junior in college and a marketing professional. so please, lay off the personal attacks on me. k thanks.

In general, you guys have been respectful. I'll admit quite of the few of the JN'ers are put out by the speed and force of this immigration. It's going to take us a while to adapt, but adapt we will.

However, coming here, and throwing your weight around, and trying to pick fights with one of this site's more popular members is not the way to integrate with us. It comes down to who's more valued to this site? GG or you. And to the vast majority, GG wins hands down.

I don't want this place to degenerate into factions and opposing cliques. Apart from jetsrule/heoresjets/soveriegn vs everyone else. ;)

That's kind of condescending don't you think? Just sayn'

welcome back jetfanfla!!! :rolleyes:

ya know Tx is still here... you might want to try TGG. give giving you the heads up. he is permanently banned there.

did you even READ my response to jetsbabe? just askin,,,

I'll break out the tea cozy. You guys have any preference on what to serve at the new posters high tea? It might be a bit too traditional, but I'm inclined to go with finger sandwiches and slow brewed jasmin/oolong. Reactions?

:rl: that pretty good borgo. I'll ask gg to make a batch of dem 1 finger sammich's ;)

welcome back jetfanfla!!! :rolleyes:

ya know Tx is still here... you might want to try TGG. give giving you the heads up. he is permanently banned there.

did you even READ my response to jetsbabe? just askin,,,

Yeah, where the hell was NS? Is he part of the JI exodus too? I didn't know we needed that to get our own posters back. Was Stormshadow over there too?

um...GG has been here forever. I'm thinking your first impressions on the old school clique is of more importance during the feeling out (not up, Mod's! ;)) process. You know?

We have to try and make a good first impression on you?

In general, you guys have been respectful. I'll admit quite of the few of the JN'ers are put out by the speed and force of this immigration. It's going to take us a while to adapt, but adapt we will.

However, coming here, and throwing your weight around, and trying to pick fights with one of this site's more popular members is not the way to integrate with us. It comes down to who's more valued to this site? GG or you. And to the vast majority, GG wins hands down.

I don't want this place to degenerate into factions and opposing cliques. Apart from jetsrule/heoresjets/soveriegn vs everyone else. ;)

Yeah.. that just about sums it up.

gg is very well liked here. Song lyrics aside. :)

without quoting everyone.. i thank you for your kind words. i really appreciate the support. :D

for those who find me condesending, a hag, or anything else delightful.. we have this cool feature.. it is called "ignore" put me on your list.

without quoting everyone.. i thank you for your kind words. i really appreciate the support. :D

for those who find me condesending, a hag, or anything else delightful.. we have this cool feature.. it is called "ignore" put me on your list.

(pssst....Jetsbabe says she wants to meet you in the catfight thread....)

wait.. you were in middle school when this site started.

see now.. the situation is.. JN was started from scratch. We didnt go off into a new site.

we are just trying to explain that you guys need to be a bit more respectful and you cant expect us to automatically welocme 57 new "good" posters in 24 hours ..coming here starting new threads that are just inside jokes and not seeming to care about the old guard.

if you wanted to have your own place, you guys should have started one... but you came into our home. you need to give us time ... we have tried to explain it to you in a couple of different ways...

i will ask my 16 year old daughter and maybe she can give me some pop reference that you might understand. maybe there is something on gossip girls or hannah montana that would make better sense to you.

Green gal,

I was here a week before everyone showed up, and as they have come, I've tried my best to get everyone to assimilate as quickly as possible. The web drama has already started to die down, and the people I know are making their way into the main boards and contributing.

That having been said, and maybe I missed some posts (there have been a lot) in which some provocation occurred, but you've treated Jets Babe like dirt since the moment she arrived.

And you're right, this is your board, and we are the new people, and you've made it pretty clear that you will not welcome us under any circumstances, or give us time to transition, but Max and the other Mods have, so I ask that you simply give us some time before judging us. We're a big group, and a fairly close one, but most of the people who've come over can contribute a lot to Jets content, including, and this may shock you, Jets Babe.

That's all,

EY

Green gal,

I was here a week before everyone showed up, and as they have come, I've tried my best to get everyone to assimilate as quickly as possible. The web drama has already started to die down, and the people I know are making their way into the main boards and contributing.

That having been said, and maybe I missed some posts (there have been a lot) in which some provocation occurred, but you've treated Jets Babe like dirt since the moment she arrived.

And you're right, this is your board, and we are the new people, and you've made it pretty clear that you will not welcome us under any circumstances, or give us time to transition, but Max and the other Mods have, so I ask that you simply give us some time before judging us. We're a big group, and a fairly close one, but most of the people who've come over can contribute a lot to Jets content, including, and this may shock you, Jets Babe.

That's all,

EY

So far you get my vote for best new poster.

Not that it really gets you anywhere. :cheers:

Green gal,

That's all,

EY

+1

beat me to it.

i've been around long enough to remember GG and Garb over at JI back in the day, and i've got to say that most of us coming over here just want a place to talk jets football and 'pal around' with other jets fans... even Jets Babe. Hey, i realize with a user name like that she might come across as wanting attention (even i thought as much at first when she first came over to JI) but over time you'll see that she, like most of our other transplants are pretty knowledgable JETS fans, just like everyone here..

The is a forum called NFL NY JETS TALK...for FOOTBALL.....play nice:rolleyes:

I was ready to go to the main board today, until I read in the morning paper that Mangini said, I quote: "I feel pretty comfortable with what we did in overtime."

I feel nauseous right now and my emotions are still too raw to contribute to the football discussion.

I was ready to go to the main board today, until I read in the morning paper that Mangini said, I quote: "I feel pretty comfortable with what we did in overtime."

I feel nauseous right now and my emotions are still too raw to contribute to the football discussion.

Do you need a dr to explain how you feel???

Or some alcohol to boot?

Green gal,

That's all,

EY

Dear EY,

it might be helpful if you search ( it is free) before you start accusing me of treating Jetsbabe like dirt.

I have said many times in the last day that I felt this was overwhelming. Jetsbabe called me a cranky old hag once and then a hag again a second time.

That is why i said "pot meets kettle"

She has also assumed that i am jealous of her beauty. I realize that she is a pretty girl, but i am far from jealous. I am overwhelmed. I have said that many times.

I can understand you are being protective of her and I respect that.

Have you read ANY of my posts? How would you like it if someone came into your house and just sat down in your comfy chair and grabbed the remote and watched what they wanted to on TV and then bitched when you got mad?

It will take time for me to assimilate to all of these new people., but I do expect a tiny bit of respect here.

If you want me to find the posts where jetsbabe called me a hag i will find then for you and send them to you.

I already said that I agree that the hannah montana remark was a bit out of line.

YOu have max and the mods support. Havent you noticed that none of them have had my back?

Believe it or not ..i know a lot about football also.

respectfully,

greengal

I think a lot of this is nonsense.

She did this. She did this. Blah blah.

No one is fighting for control here. At least I haven't seen it that way through my eyes. I like a majority of the people here that aren't from JI. There are some here who are not as welcoming to the new influx of posters, myself included, and that's fine. It takes time to adjust to certain people's sense of comedy and I don't think it's neccessary to respond to someone if you don't like them.

I know the internet is "serious business" but we're all Jet fans at the end of the day. I never understood why people need to tout their "internet cred" as something to be proud of. We're here as fans. Me, as a former JI member, came over here because I got sick and tired of the drama, the poor moderation, and general lack of respect some of the posters showed for one another. A lot of us are funny people and we like to talk sports. I also like to BS, so I'll spend time over here as well. A lot of you have been great and I look forward to being intergrated into this board more and more.

JB is a big girl, I think she can defend herself, all I will say is she's a funny chick who can hang with the boys. I'm sure GG is the same and it takes a certain amount of, thick skin to hang with a bunch of #1 football fans and #2 interwebz superstarz!

Dear EY,

it might be helpful if you search ( it is free) before you start accusing me of treating Jetsbabe like dirt.

I have said many times in the last day that I felt this was overwhelming. Jetsbabe called me a cranky old hag once and then a hag again a second time.

That is why i said "pot meets kettle"

respectfully,

greengal

Greengal :Nuts::Nuts::Nuts:EY

Do you need a dr to explain how you feel???

Or some alcohol to boot?

A doctor first, then some alcohol, topped off with a series of Jets victories with a competently devised offensive gameplan would do me pretty well.

Archived