Sign in to follow this  
Morrissey

New Yankee Stadium and Citi Field Construction Thread

I documented the progress of both stadiums over at JI, but since I plan on being a regular here.. thought I'd start a thread here.

You can go over to JI to see them. Here are some of the newer photos.

stadium650.jpg

42934719.jpg

NewSodInstalledYankeeStadium6YyKYt4.jpg

NewSodInstalledYankeeStadiumCK8VuOs.jpg

NewSodInstalledYankeeStadiumPKIKxGS.jpg

NewSodInstalledYankeeStadiumj7YddtZ.jpg

NewSodInstalledYankeeStadiumk4qXyV8.jpg

2949824075_b3724a8de1_o.jpg

2949827231_a3491cb659_o.jpg

2949827223_14ed23c503_o.jpg

Edited by Tyler Durden
  • Upvote 1

They're both looking good. Citi's still too small but it looks promising.

Yeah, CitiField is significantly smaller than Shea, but it looks significantly nicer.

New Yankee Stadium won't be the same at all though. Look at that giant, gaudy jumbotron they've installed! Way to take eyes off of the game on the field. I like old ballparks better usually because they're built for watching the game on the field, rather than as an Amusement Park with a baseball game in the middle of it.

Whats up Tyler, didn't realize you made the switch. We'll have to get some good Yankees threads goin when things pick up again after the World Series.

Oh, and the dimensions of the New Yankee stadium aren't the same as in the old.

Less room behind home plate, for example.

Oh, and the dimensions of the New Yankee stadium aren't the same as in the old.

Less room behind home plate, for example.

The back stop is not exactly part of the dimensions... Dimensions are a little different. 318 and 314 down the lines, same as the current Yankee Stadium. 408 in center field, same as the current Yankee Stadiu, but the new Yankee Stadium will be shorter in the gaps, also, the back stop is closer to the stands, nothing wrong with that.... I believe there is also less foul territory.

Edited by Tyler Durden

The back stop is not exactly part of the dimensions... Dimensions are a little different. 318 and 314 down the lines, same as the current Yankee Stadium. 408 in center field, same as the current Yankee Stadiu, but the new Yankee Stadium will be shorter in the gaps, also, the back stop is closer to the stands, nothing wrong with that.... I believe there is also less foul territory.

Right... less foul territory... changes the game. More foul territory, more outs, happier pitchers.

Whats up Tyler, didn't realize you made the switch. We'll have to get some good Yankees threads goin when things pick up again after the World Series.

Hows it going buddy... we defiantly will

Yeah, CitiField is significantly smaller than Shea, but it looks significantly nicer.

New Yankee Stadium won't be the same at all though. Look at that giant, gaudy jumbotron they've installed! Way to take eyes off of the game on the field. I like old ballparks better usually because they're built for watching the game on the field, rather than as an Amusement Park with a baseball game in the middle of it.

It's way too small for NY.

It's way too small for NY.

The stadium could certainly afford to be a bit smaller then Shea, but it seems like they've gone too far.

If the Mets ever make the playoffs again, getting tickets will be a nightmare.

The stadium could certainly afford to be a bit smaller then Shea, but it seems like they've gone too far.

If the Mets ever make the playoffs again, getting tickets will be a nightmare.

I think he was talking about the Yankees old scoreboard. But yeah, your point remains.

I hate the deals with stadium naming rights. But you can't argue with tens of millions of dollars.

I hate the deals with stadium naming rights. But you can't argue with tens of millions of dollars.

0a0f1212-59ab-48a6-81e9-ad8a15605324.jpg

?action=view&current=3143591514_584ccb2339_b.jpg

3143591514_584ccb2339_b.jpg

Ahhh... I love being a Yankee fan.

The frieze above above the grandstand is breathtaking.

Thank you for not calling it a fa

Yeah, at least it's just a three letter acronym instead of something like U.S. Cellular, Minute Maid, Citizen's Bank, etc. The statue of the greatest SS ever helps as well.

Yeah, at least it's just a three letter acronym instead of something like U.S. Cellular, Minute Maid, Citizen's Bank, etc. The statue of the greatest SS ever helps as well.

The greatest SS ever plays 3B for the Yankees.

:cool0044:

The greatest SS ever plays 3B for the Yankees.

:cool0044:

If he was the greatest ever, he wouldn't be playing 3B. Imo. Greatest 3B ever or bust.

If he was the greatest ever, he wouldn't be playing 3B. Imo.

If it was anyone else, but Derek Jeter.. he'd be playing SS.

By the way, A-Rod has played more games at SS than Honus Wagner.

A-Rod

@ SS- 2,014 games

@ Other- 772 games

Wagner

@ SS- 1,887 games

@ Other- 888 games

If it was anyone else, but Derek Jeter.. he'd be playing SS.

He'd be playing 3rd beside the Dutchman too. :P

He'd be playing 3rd beside the Dutchman too. :P

A-Rod has played more games at SS, than Wagner.

I win.

A-Rod has played more games at SS, than Wagner.

I win.

At the end of his career, compare the % of games played. If A-Rod is over 50% at SS then we can talk.

At the end of his career, compare the % of games played. If A-Rod is over 50% at SS then we can talk.

He's already played more games at SS than Wagner, and Wagner has currently played more games at positions other than SS, those facts in itself.. gives him the advantage, what does it matter what the percentage is? A-Rod matched Wagners home run totals.. after his first 3 full seasons.

Edited by Tyler Durden

He's already played more games at SS than Wagner, that fact in itself.. gives him the advantage, what does it matter what the percentage is?

Ok, ok. If ARod ever wins more WS than Honus Wagner did (1), then maybe I'll concede the point.

Ok, ok. If ARod ever wins more WS than Honus Wagner did (1), then maybe I'll concede the point.

He ****ing better!

Yo, TD... this has probably been asked and answered before, but you're not the photog, are you?

Yo, TD... this has probably been asked and answered before, but you're not the photog, are you?

Nope. Most of the pictures I get are from people from Flickr