New Yankee Stadium and Citi Field Construction Thread

Morrissey

Pretty sure that's the type architecture the Yankees where going for. Pretty original if you ask me, for a baseball stadium.

The Mets on the other hand decided to go with exposed steel/brick look that most teams decided to go with the last 15 years . It's nice, but not original.

I don't know if it's original, it looks a lot like the pre-70s renovated Yankee Stadium.

I have no problem with it, think it looks great, but SD isn't off base saying it looks like a post office...

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pretty sure that's the type architecture the Yankees where going for. Pretty original if you ask me, for a baseball stadium.

The Mets on the other hand decided to go with exposed steel/brick look that most teams decided to go with the last 15 years . It's nice, but not original.

Soldier Field, on the outside is similar, as is the colesium.

Nothing is original any more.

I'm sure the Yankees will be pleased with you saying that.

I'm sure.

At the end of the day, at both Yankee Stadium and CitiField, the bases will be 90 ft away, and what happens there is really what I care about.

I had no problem with Shea, I liked that I could get in cheaply, move to slightly better seats, and enjoy the game there.

Same thing with Giants Stadium. The viewing of a football game is going to be worse there now as the upper deck has gone up (in height), and it will be more expensive.

All the bells and whistles are for someone else. I go for the game.

The old roman archietecture. Soldier Field had it as well.

This is not new. Nice look, but certainly not original.

They weren't going for 'original'. They just wanted to keep the same look they had. But yeah, its not like the mets didn't rip off part of what the Brewers have...

IMG_3780.JPG

Note seating bowls of the stadiums are recessed from the exterior walls with the space likely voted to concessions and amenties-stuff to seperate fans from their money; not evil, reality. Seems though the Mets' Ebbets Field thing is more pronounced,as if it's 2 different structures rather than 1 whole.

Long Citi Field (Interior) Photo Gallery, courtesy of Islandxtreme26 of Baseball-Fever

http://sports.webshots.com/album/570085567SGMgmI

I'd post all the pictures, but there's something like 130 of them so that'll take too long.

Slowly but surely the ballpark is picking up some personality. I like it.

As much as people hate advertisements, they sure do give the ballpark a personality.

Archived