Are the Jets ever going to win a SB?

Ghost

I'm 18 now, I been a Jets fan since I was born and I have yet witnessed a SB.

Thankfully, I wasn't born in the 60's and 70's like some posters here. Honestly, I sometimes wonder if this team is ever going to win a SB. Hopefully I live until I'm around 80, If I did the math correctly that's just about 62 years left.

Can the Jets just win 1 time in 62 trys? Lord help us please.

Thankfully, I wasn't born in the 60's and 70's like some posters here. Honestly, I sometimes wonder if this team is ever going to win a SB. Hopefully I live until I'm around 80, If I did the math correctly that's just about 62 years left.

I'm 34 and have been a Jets fan since I was 5. In 29 years, I've seen only 2 division titles, and 2 appearances in the AFC Title game while mixed in between there have been consistent years of losing, disgust and general apathy on the part of the organization.

Hell I've seen the one time laughingstock Buccaneers win a title, and Trent Dilfer lead the Ravens to a trophy.

I truly believe this when I say it. The NY Jets will not win a Super Bowl Title in our lifetime. Much like the Lions and the Cardinals, losing, despair, and heartbreak is so naturally ingrained into the very foundation of the franchise, that the simple "genetics" of the overall organization will not allow the Jets to ever be fully successful. Despite cash influxes, free agent acquisitions, and even worthwhile draft day picks, at the end of the day, the Jets will always default to their genetic code and lose.

I'm a hardcore fan of this team, and always will be. I'll never shop teams or ride a bandwagon, I'm a Jets fan for life. But just because I'm a Jets fan, that doesn't mean I can't acknowledge the only one true thing about NY Jets football. Heartache and despair are only a heartbeat away and 50 years from now, as I prepare to meet my maker, I will have never witnessed a Jets Super Bowl title.

Think I'm being ridiculous? Ask the fans alive for SB III if they ever thought, for a second, it would be 40 years later without even so much as a AFC Title.

As a Jets and a Mets fan, I've often wondered why I bother with sports...

They do nothing but cause me unhappiness.

My cousin was the biggest bandwagoner around. He was a Bulls fan, then a Lakers fan, now he roots for the Cavs. I used to make fun of him for it at all times and whenever possible. Now, I have to just take my hat off to him.

He's avoided all the misery that I've come to expect from watching sports.

Seriously, what is the upside? Anyone? Is there something to be enjoyed?

I say "Yes."

And I still think they could do it this year. They just need to cut down on mistakes and have Mangini design a good game plan AND make good decision in the game. Because, right now, Mangini is Herm Edwards without the motivational speaking and the barbeque sauce.

My cousin was the biggest bandwagoner around. He was a Bulls fan, then a Lakers fan, now he roots for the Cavs. I used to make fun of him for it at all times and whenever possible. Now, I have to just take my hat off to him.

It's ok EY

funny-dog-pictures-emo-pug.jpg

No, he's a D-bag who should be tea-bagged. And no, we will NEVER win a SB.

No. We will never win a SB.

I am only 11 years older than you and quite frankly I am offended at you complaining at this young of an age.

I am sure there are some older timers that feel the same way.

Edited by JiF
  • Thumb Down 1

There is a chance. Slim, but a chance none the less. :P

At least most of you were forced into picking the Jets or have a valid reason for them being your team.

When I got into NFL I had a choice of 32 teams, and I had to pick the ****ing Jets. WTF was I thinking?!?!

I feel like a kid who went into a candy store and came out with a ****ing carrot!

Request denied

At least most of you were forced into picking the Jets or have a valid reason for them being your team.

When I got into NFL I had a choice of 32 teams, and I had to pick the ****ing Jets. WTF was I thinking?!?!

I feel like a kid who went into a candy store and came out with a ****ing carrot!

But we wear green!! Who else can say that?

You shoulda picked the Packers.

I am 50. when I was a kid in the 60's I liked GB. Bart starr. John Brockington! First rb to rush for a 1000 yds his first three seasons. Anyway a friend ask me back in 79 Hey jets have season tickets available, want to get a pair. 28 years later Im still going and getting my heart ripped out. Only now my wife and three kids live and die with them also. They dont draw me in as deep as the use to. I use to commit my heart full time now, Im afraid. I dream but dont expect, I hope but dont rely on them, it allows the losses to not hurt as much,but I am ever optimistic.And I'm 2 impressive wins away from booking super bowl tickets at any moment,Cant explain the feeling watching last weeks game. It hurts deep, but Im am able to let go by tues now where it use to take me until sat to get it out of my system. you younger guys try to pace yourselves, your in for the long haul. The Denver trip in 98 makes times like this worth the wait. We have talent now, Mike T is getting players lets just hope EM wakes up or is replaced while our core players are still good. we need a new scheme!

No. We will never win a SB.

I am only 11 years older than you and quite frankly I am offended at you complaining at this young of an age.

I am sure there are some older timers that feel the same way.

Word. I'm 19 and havent seen the Jets win the Superbowl.

Ghost does not what pain is, yet.