Anyone catch Brett's press conference??

Boozer76

any more details than that?

They basically grilled him about calling Millen and Romo (while not calling Rodgers). Brett stated that he did not call Millen at all. He said Matt Millen called him to ask him if he wanted to go hunting since apparantly Millen lives about an hour away from Brett. He said he knew 100% that Millen was going to probably ask for tips, but that he did not indulge anything more than a good luck. He stated that Millen and the Lions have been playing the Pack for so many years now that there really isn't much to figure out about what GB would do.

As for Romo, again he stated that he did not call Romo. Romo called him sinjce he had a pinkie injury in the past. He said he told him to give throwing a try to see if he could do it. That was all. He said he did not reach out to Romo upon hearing about his injury, again that Romo called him. He said he'd have been glad to offer Rodgers support or advice had he called about his injury.

He said he has far too much on his plate helping the Jets win games and learning the offense to be calling anybody in the league.

He was told that Charles Woodson accused him of sabotage. Upon learning that he did not call Millen, the media said that maybe Woodson would not have felt that way if he knew Breet didn't initiate the call, to which Brett responded "then you go back and tell Charles Woodson that I did not make that call".

He was really fired up. I mean REALLY fired up. I couldn't tell if he was going to cry or throw the podium over.

Did anyone bother to ask him why he sucked last week?

He ws unsure, siad it was kind of a surprise since he has NEVER had a bad game in his entire career before then. He said it very clearly puts him behind guys like Marino, Elway, Namath, Unitas, Montana, and OF COURSE Chad Pennington since none of them EVER had a bad game in their entire career.

You know, a good coach would take all this ****, and turn it into an "us against the world" mantra to rally behind Favre. Our ****ty coach won't do that though. He'll just look at us all smugly while chewing bubble gum.

He must have misinterpreted the whole kickin' a$$ and chewin' bubble gum line. :lol:

He ws unsure, siad it was kind of a surprise since he has NEVER had a bad game in his entire career before then. He said it very clearly puts him behind guys like Marino, Elway, Namath, Unitas, Montana, and OF COURSE Chad Pennington since none of them EVER had a bad game in their entire career.

lol...

well played sir

Chad Pennington - since none of them EVER had a bad game in their entire career.

Thats not true Booze. In 06 Chad had a bad game. I think it was 06 .... anyway it was the season he played all the games in. He had one game that he wasn't so good in.

:confused0085:

Thats not true Booze. In 06 Chad had a bad game. I think it was 06 .... anyway it was the season he played all the games in. He had one game that he wasn't so good in.

:confused0085:

NONSENSE!!! Chad does not have bad days! Bad days cringe at the mere mention of Chad Pennington.

They basically grilled him about calling Millen and Romo (while not calling Rodgers). Brett stated that he did not call Millen at all. He said Matt Millen called him to ask him if he wanted to go hunting since apparantly Millen lives about an hour away from Brett. He said he knew 100% that Millen was going to probably ask for tips, but that he did not indulge anything more than a good luck. He stated that Millen and the Lions have been playing the Pack for so many years now that there really isn't much to figure out about what GB would do.

As for Romo, again he stated that he did not call Romo. Romo called him sinjce he had a pinkie injury in the past. He said he told him to give throwing a try to see if he could do it. That was all. He said he did not reach out to Romo upon hearing about his injury, again that Romo called him. He said he'd have been glad to offer Rodgers support or advice had he called about his injury.

He said he has far too much on his plate helping the Jets win games and learning the offense to be calling anybody in the league.

He was told that Charles Woodson accused him of sabotage. Upon learning that he did not call Millen, the media said that maybe Woodson would not have felt that way if he knew Breet didn't initiate the call, to which Brett responded "then you go back and tell Charles Woodson that I did not make that call".

He was really fired up. I mean REALLY fired up. I couldn't tell if he was going to cry or throw the podium over.

Thanks, that was a good summary. I think he's pretty safe.

Archived