Favorite Soup?

Smizzy

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh yeah. With lots of cheese. Best I have ever had were at these steak houses called Arthur's. One is in New Brunswick and another in Morris Plains, NJ.

To die for.

There's one in Hoboken too.

For about $30, you get yourself a 24oz steak with a side of roasted potatoes, a 22 oz draft (Killians for me), and a French Onion Soup.

My favorite place to eat in town.

There's one in Hoboken too.

For about $30, you get yourself a 24oz steak with a side of roasted potatoes, a 22 oz draft (Killians for me), and a French Onion Soup.

My favorite place to eat in town.

That's right. I have heard that, but never been to that one. They don't have many things on the menu, but everything is fantastic and cheap. The 24oz steak is out of this world. They used to have a 48 oz, I don't know if they still do, but I never was THAT hungry. :)

That's right. I have heard that, but never been to that one. They don't have many things on the menu, but everything is fantastic and cheap. The 24oz steak is out of this world. They used to have a 48 oz, I don't know if they still do, but I never was THAT hungry. :)

Oh, they still have 'the double'... but I'm not man enough for that.

The 24oz is just called 'our steak' on the menu.

Oh, they still have 'the double'... but I'm not man enough for that.

The 24oz is just called 'our steak' on the menu.

Yeah, I remember it being called the double. I remember in Morris Plains, if someone ordered the double, they rang a cow bell when the waitress brought it out. Great. I'd be embarrassed enough just with the waitress when I ordered it, least of all having it announced to everyone there that I was a glutenous beast. :)

Yeah, I remember it being called the double. I remember in Morris Plains, if someone ordered the double, they rang a cow bell when the waitress brought it out. Great. I'd be embarrassed enough just with the waitress when I ordered it, least of all having it announced to everyone there that I was a glutenous beast. :)

I never even considered it as a one man task. The 24oz is hard enough to eat.

Any soup fans out there?

Potato soup is my favorite with Pasta fagioli a close second.

You?

I grew up with home made Pasta Fagioli, and we never considered it soup. It was always a pasta dish, the gravy (or broth to you) was thick. Sprinkle on some grated cheese, mmmmmmm!

African Chicken Peanut Soup.

Recipe, now!

I'm the cook in our family, and we love good soups. Probably the best are:

Butternut Squash (pureed, then add chopped collards, red pepper, cannelloni beans and carrots for heartyness)

Mexican chicken soup (basic, standard chicken broth with chicken cutlet strips, spiked with lime juice and served with crushed tortilla chips and deconstructed salsa - chopped cilantro, tomato, avocado and jalepeno - added in at the table)

Cauliflower cheddar soup (just what it sounds like)

and Moroccan Tomato Soup (can be served hot or cold)

Oddly enough, I don't make a matza ball soup

Archived