Favorite Soup?

Smizzy

Recipe, now!

I'm the cook in our family, and we love good soups. Probably the best are:

Butternut Squash (pureed, then add chopped collards, red pepper, cannelloni beans and carrots for heartyness)

Mexican chicken soup (basic, standard chicken broth with chicken cutlet strips, spiked with lime juice and served with crushed tortilla chips and deconstructed salsa - chopped cilantro, tomato, avocado and jalepeno - added in at the table)

Cauliflower cheddar soup (just what it sounds like)

and Moroccan Tomato Soup (can be served hot or cold)

Oddly enough, I don't make a matza ball soup

OY! :D

the other soups sound scrumptious though! do you make any of them for pesach? :D

beautiful kids in your sig.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OY! :D

the other soups sound scrumptious though! do you make any of them for pesach? :D

beautiful kids in your sig.

Thanks - though I've got to update to the new sig (that's actually 3 years and 1 more kid too old :))

And yep, made one or two for the seders this past year. First seder I really did all the cooking for, came off pretty well. (Thank god for Kosher by Design: Pesach:love0030:)

Thanks - though I've got to update to the new sig (that's actually 3 years and 1 more kid too old :))

And yep, made one or two for the seders this past year. First seder I really did all the cooking for, came off pretty well. (Thank god for Kosher by Design: Pesach:love0030:)

what is kosher by design?

i make a mean brisket and a great farfel kugel.. not sweet though.

we will have to swap some recipes. lol :D

3 kids? brave! now you are out numbered ;)

Recipe, now!

I'm the cook in our family, and we love good soups. Probably the best are:

Butternut Squash (pureed, then add chopped collards, red pepper, cannelloni beans and carrots for heartyness)

Mexican chicken soup (basic, standard chicken broth with chicken cutlet strips, spiked with lime juice and served with crushed tortilla chips and deconstructed salsa - chopped cilantro, tomato, avocado and jalepeno - added in at the table)

Cauliflower cheddar soup (just what it sounds like)

and Moroccan Tomato Soup (can be served hot or cold)

Oddly enough, I don't make a matza ball soup

That was one of the first ones that came to mind for me...

Not really a soup person though..

what is kosher by design?

i make a mean brisket and a great farfel kugel.. not sweet though.

we will have to swap some recipes. lol :D

3 kids? brave! now you are out numbered ;)

You have no idea - the first two are twins, and communicate by telepathy. The force is strong in them.

And http://www.kosherbydesign.com/

I have Kosher by Design:Short on Time, Kosher by Design Entertains and passover by Design. Some very cool recipes in there, and short on time in particular is a life-saver when I have a long week and very little time to cook for shabbos.

I grew up with home made Pasta Fagioli, and we never considered it soup. It was always a pasta dish, the gravy (or broth to you) was thick. Sprinkle on some grated cheese, mmmmmmm!

ME too....and it's more hearty than a normal soup....but it was always soup to us.

Any soup fans out there?

Potato soup is my favorite with Pasta fagioli a close second.

You?

Gayest man of the internet award goes to smixxy

You have outdone yourself congrats bell biv divo ...... Soup ?????

Save the planet and kill yourself You owe us that. Thor I am coming for you fatty ;)

The response better be good Because I'm bringing it home to JI You waste of oxygen

Gayest man of the internet award goes to smixxy

You have outdone yourself congrats bell biv divo ...... Soup ?????

Save the planet and kill yourself You owe us that. Thor I am coming for you fatty ;)

The response better be good Because I'm bringing it home to JI You waste of oxygen

TheBigFagu!! Welcome back to JN....Why does your breath smell like sooth's nutsack?

Archived