THREE SURGERIES AND COUNTING FOR BRADY INFECTION

SayNoToDMC

THREE SURGERIES AND COUNTING FOR BRADY INFECTION

Posted by Mike Florio on October 23, 2008, 8:28 a.m. EDT

After we posted an item earlier this week regarding the potential consequences of an infection in the vicinity of a freshly-installed ACL, some accused us of sensationalizing the story of a surgery aimed at cleaning out Tom Brady’s surgically-repaired knee.

Even if we were (and we don’t think we were), the story has just gotten a lot more sensational.

Brady has had a total of three surgeries to deal with the infection in his knee.

One procedure was performed on October 15 to “clean and test the wound.” In the eight days since then, two more similar procedures have been performed.

Per the Boston Herald, doctors fear that the patellar tendon graft used to replace Brady’y ACL “is in danger of becoming compromised.” If that happens, then the current ACL would have to be removed, and a new ACL would have to be installed.

That’s precisely what happened to lacrosse star John Grant, when an infection in his elbow traveled to a four-year-old replacement ACL and required doctors to remove it. Grant will have to wait a total of four-to-12 months before a new ACL can be installed.

And so that’s why we remarked that Brady’s 2009 season (and, possibly, 2010) could be jeopardized. If the current ACL comes out, doctors will want to wait until the infection is completely gone before even considering whether to put a new one in. Even if the new ACL is installed in January, Brady will miss all of the offseason workouts, and could be hard-pressed to be ready for training camp.

Meanwhile, Brady reportedly is receiving antibiotics via IV, and will continue to do so for a total of six weeks.

Look, we regard these guys to be Supermen because of what we see them do on the field. But it sure sounds to us like Brady is dealing with a very serious health condition right now, and we hope that the doctors get the thing under control.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/23/three-surgeries-and-counting-for-brady-infection/

I said when it happened and I am even more convinced now..

he will retire,,

He went to SB in his last season,,went out pretty damn near on top and he will look to a healthy retirement more than a outside bettors chance of getting to SB again and winning it..

he will retire,,

He went to SB in his last season,,went out pretty damn near on top and he will look to a healthy retirement more than a outside bettors chance of getting to SB again and winning it..

You could very well be correct. I hope not though. I wanted to see the Jets beat him fair and square. I hope he gets better and plays again.

Yes SJ but it may not be his choice. Without a doubt he would return for 2009 if this was just a normal recovery process, without a doubt. However if he cannot return until 2010 or 2011, I could see him retiring. Again though, that wouldn't be his choice as it would be just a strand of bad luck with the knee.

I for one hope he plays again. One of the best QB's I've ever seen.

If this is true - story actually first broke in the Boston Herald (and gosh, we all know how accurate they are ;) ) 1) it's not good news :( - delay his recovery time and 2) it's his own damn fault. Boston has some of the worlds best hospitals and doctors - and he has his surgery (ies) in Los Angeles? Yo, Tommy - you go to LA for a boob job, not knee reconstruction. Yeesh! ;)

If this is true - story actually first broke in the Boston Herald (and gosh, we all know how accurate they are ;) ) 1) it's not good news :( - delay his recovery time and 2) it's his own damn fault. Boston has some of the worlds best hospitals and doctors - and he has his surgery (ies) in Los Angeles? Yo, Tommy - you go to LA for a boob job, not knee reconstruction. Yeesh! ;)

This is all being done so that he can have a three episode arc on Doctor 90210.

Have to agree with that. Heck, Alabama would have been a better place for a surgery with their hospitals. New York too.

Infections are no joke. Still wild that Kellen Winslow got a staff infection in his balls.

sucks to be Cindy right now

you know this to be a fact, should i go to lala land to fix my moobs

You could very well be correct. I hope not though. I wanted to see the Jets beat him fair and square. I hope he gets better and plays again.

I don't. Let him join harrison in assisted living. PS he never beat the Jets fair and square so we owe him and his fraud franchise nothing.

he will retire,,

:bwahaharoll:

Farve will retire before Brady so keep dreaming.

I don't. Let him join harrison in assisted living. PS he never beat the Jets fair and square so we owe him and his fraud franchise nothing.

Speaking of surgeries, do the entire world a favor and have your nuts clipped now...that is if you had any to begin with.

Archived