Vote or Die. (Neg Rep)

Jetlag

Should Negative rep be brought back?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should Negative rep be brought back?

• Yes. We have rights damn it!
    • No. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oh i can do this all night big boy. i WILL singlehandedly make you a "JetNation Icon" if you push me. :cussing:

Wow!

My little puppy used to snarl at me sometimes too. I just pointed and laughed cause he was so small and cute..

1621162308_f2fa107563.jpg?v=0

So was this vote for nothing? Max will you appease the masses?

I will say this, the masses have spoken. But I don't see them getting appeased anytime soon.

:-P

It just isn't worth the headache, people fighting and all...

I will say this, the masses have spoken. But I don't see them getting appeased anytime soon.

:-P

It just isn't worth the headache, people fighting and all...

Just appoint someone rep manager with the ability to delete rep, ban someone from using rep, and give out unlimited rep and no one else will ever have to deal with the head aches. ;)

Just appoint someone rep manager with the ability to delete rep, ban someone from using rep, and give out unlimited rep and no one else will ever have to deal with the head aches. ;)

Yes then we can rename ourselves to ***********.com because of all the bannings that we will have to pass out.

Trust me on this no. No politics, no negative rep. It is better this way. :-P

Yes then we can rename ourselves to ***********.com because of all the bannings that we will have to pass out.

Trust me on this no. No politics, no negative rep. It is better this way. :-P

I don't think any bans would be necessary. Just give that person the ability to exclude them from the rep system; they can still post on the forums and do everything else just fine. Could be run completely independent of the main boards if that one person just had the right to strip rep from certain abusers.

That way you appease the masses while finding a compromise with the vocal minority.

I don't think any bans would be necessary. Just give that person the ability to exclude them from the rep system; they can still post on the forums and do everything else just fine. Could be run completely independent of the main boards if that one person just had the right to strip rep from certain abusers.

That way you appease the masses while finding a compromise with the vocal minority.

I tried that and it was a pain in the a$$. The admin stuff of vbulletin isn't written that well. We already limit people from starting threads or posting in certain forums. Removing rep from someone means another group and it means admin rights and not just rep rights. It is more work than it is worth. Sorry but trust me when I say we are the model of tolerance here. We give everyone chance after chance.

It just isn't worth it. Reading through the logs it was ALL garbage. Just wasn't worth it.

Try again in 2010.

I tried that and it was a pain in the a$$. The admin stuff of vbulletin isn't written that well. We already limit people from starting threads or posting in certain forums. Removing rep from someone means another group and it means admin rights and not just rep rights. It is more work than it is worth. Sorry but trust me when I say we are the model of tolerance here. We give everyone chance after chance.

It just isn't worth it. Reading through the logs it was ALL garbage. Just wasn't worth it.

Try again in 2010.

I'll take your word for it. I've never used vbulletin software before so I'd have no idea. I have used phpBB before, but that's about it. I'm not in a position to venture past anything open sourced. :)

Do whatever's easiest or best for you, I don't want to come off as an ass for suggesting that. After all you have created a free sanctuary for all Jets fans--anything above posting rights is gravy.

Try again in 2010.

I'd do all the work ;) You wouldn't have to worry your pretty little head about it ;)

Archived