Vote or Die. (Neg Rep)

Jetlag

Should Negative rep be brought back?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should Negative rep be brought back?

• Yes. We have rights damn it!
    • No. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

I tried that and it was a pain in the a$$. The admin stuff of vbulletin isn't written that well. We already limit people from starting threads or posting in certain forums. Removing rep from someone means another group and it means admin rights and not just rep rights. It is more work than it is worth. Sorry but trust me when I say we are the model of tolerance here. We give everyone chance after chance.

It just isn't worth it. Reading through the logs it was ALL garbage. Just wasn't worth it.

Try again in 2010.

What if you make it so someone can only do 2 (or some other arbitrary low number) of neg reps per day (week?). This way, people can still express their dissatisfaction, while and you can't 'spam' someone with it.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What if you make it so someone can only do 2 (or some other arbitrary low number) of neg reps per day (week?). This way, people can still express their dissatisfaction, while and you can't 'spam' someone with it.

We've had limits on the number of neg reps you could give out. It got lowered several times from when the system was started. Sadly, it wouldn't stop something like death threats.

Besides, Max does enough for the board. If all that comes out of it is more work for him and a bunch of intrigues, I suppose there really isn't a point for any of it. Nothing positive really comes out of it, just serves as another outlet to badmouth someone you don't like or agree with.

That would work because it would prevent the people who do nothing but attack others from being a problem. Unfortunately it is an on-off kind of thing. There isn't a lot of intelligence built in.

VBulletin just released their next version (in beta). Once 3.8 has been tested and is live I will upgrade to it here. Not sure if they have expanded rep or not. I haven't read their release notes yet but I will check it out.

That would work because it would prevent the people who do nothing but attack others from being a problem. Unfortunately it is an on-off kind of thing. There isn't a lot of intelligence built in.

VBulletin just released their next version (in beta). Once 3.8 has been tested and is live I will upgrade to it here. Not sure if they have expanded rep or not. I haven't read their release notes yet but I will check it out.

I'm liking the social group discussions, wouldn't achieve too much here but still nice to have. Private messaging categories sounds nice too. Easy to manage when you have over a 100 in there.

That's all I can find on 3.8. Looks decent, I guess.

I tried that and it was a pain in the a$$. The admin stuff of vbulletin isn't written that well. We already limit people from starting threads or posting in certain forums. Removing rep from someone means another group and it means admin rights and not just rep rights. It is more work than it is worth. Sorry but trust me when I say we are the model of tolerance here. We give everyone chance after chance.

Try again in 2010.

Absolutely !! No one had better say otherwise. or else. :fighting0050:

Does Neg. rep soo important?

Will it affect yoru life if you get someone who gives you bad rep ie. Jetrule gave me bad rep to leave kobe alone

Why is it soo important?

Does it make you feel powerful???

Geez,

Max doesnt want it so why the bother

That raises a much bigger question. What is important in life? There isn't any strict set of principles as to what is most important in one's life other than what is dictated to you by society. I'm not trying to say this to defend neg rep or anything, but that's a rather faulty argument because the answer will change based on each person.

What does make one feel powerful? What if people don't want to feel powerful?

Sorry, had to take this to a totally theoretical and abstract level. Don't mind me, I'm thinking out loud.

Archived