Matthew Stafford, Georgia Bulldogs

JustInFudge

This kid is the real deal. I am a die hard Gators fan and alum. I hate the Georgia Bulldogs with a passion. However, I love watching Matt Stafford play. He is and ideal NFL QB.

Some of the throws this kid makes are unbelievable. Flat out lazers, on the numbers and in stride. He has great mechanics, ideal size and is very smart with the football. He is a true drop back passer.

The greatest attribute about this kid, is the way he deals with pressure. Like I mentioned, he is terrific on the run. When he feels pressure he has deceptive speed and is shifty enough to get out of the pocket while still delivering the ball on the money. Also, in the face of pressure this kids stands tall and takes the hit.

Not joke. We should do whatever it takes to draft this kid. Trade our entire draft if neccessary. Im serious. This kid is special.

Favre might be here next and even if he is, we need a back up plan. We need a franchise QB. Matthew Stafford, IMO, is going to be a star in the NFL.

I know its early and we have a long season to go. I'm just watching the LSU vs. GA game thinking to myself how good this kid would look in Green and White (sometimes Blue and Gold...puke). I hope we have Brett next year because win or lose, the guy is just fun to watch. Not to mention how great it would be to groom Stafford with Favre.

Tangini, make it happen. Matthew Stafford needs to on the NY Jets.

This kid is the real deal. I am a die hard Gators fan and alum. I hate the Georgia Bulldogs with a passion. However, I love watching Matt Stafford play. He is and ideal NFL QB.

Some of the throws this kid makes are unbelievable. Flat out lazers, on the numbers and in stride. He has great mechanics, ideal size and is very smart with the football. He is a true drop back passer.

The greatest attribute about this kid, is the way he deals with pressure. Like I mentioned, he is terrific on the run. When he feels pressure he has deceptive speed and is shifty enough to get out of the pocket while still delivering the ball on the money. Also, in the face of pressure this kids stands tall and takes the hit.

Not joke. We should do whatever it takes to draft this kid. Trade our entire draft if neccessary. Im serious. This kid is special.

Favre might be here next and even if he is, we need a back up plan. We need a franchise QB. Matthew Stafford, IMO, is going to be a star in the NFL.

I know its early and we have a long season to go. I'm just watching the LSU vs. GA game thinking to myself how good this kid would look in Green and White (sometimes Blue and Gold...puke). I hope we have Brett next year because win or lose, the guy is just fun to watch. Not to mention how great it would be to groom Stafford with Favre.

Tangini, make it happen. Matthew Stafford needs to on the NY Jets.

he's good..bettah than mattie ryan

he's good..bettah than mattie ryan

IMO by a long shot, but Matt Ryan has really surpised me. I didnt think he was as good as what we have seen so far.

Stafford just looks natural to me. Born to play. And he has faced the best defenses in the country game in game out. The SEC's defense are the closest thing to the NFL.

It would be nice but we'd have to either be the worst team in the league or have a fairly high draft pick to make it even possible to trade up. Its not happening unless his stock drops severly whenever he comes out.

Yeah. At the rate we are going he is going to be available when we pick. But, Tangini has been great with draft day trades. What I am saying, is this guy is worth trading picks to draft.

You just contradicted yourself. 2004 has produced 2 SB winning QB's in 4 tries, how are them days gone?

2005, 2006, 2007 have produced **** at QB in the entire first round. Cutler may be an exception...

2004 was awhile ago.

2009 ain't gonna be a magical QB draft, if there was a PEyton Manning we'd know bout it.

I don't understand your point. There has never been a time when there was SB quality QB's in every draft.

2000-2007 = 8 pro-bowl appearances by the 21 QB's picked 1st round

1991-1999 = 26 PB's by 18 QB's picked in 1st rd

get my drift? now, Eli Manning may win another 3-4 SB's but QB's can be found ANY round these days.

pro bowl selections? the times they were selected?

need a calculator, pen and pad?

No, like who the QB's where and when they made the pro bowl. I don't even know if you are including all of Peyton Manning's pro-bowls in this decade in the 1990's total.

Cause surely you'd see the problem with that. Right?

No, like who the QB's where and when they made the pro bowl. I don't even know if you are including all of Peyton Manning's pro-bowls in this decade in the 1990's total.

Cause surely you'd see the problem with that. Right?

it's all available at pro football reference in the Draft section

The cut off date isn't the issue here. The issue is that the guys from the 90's have played their whole careers while the guys from the 2000's are just starting their careers. Manning and McNabb account for 13 of those pro bowls and have each played atleast 10 years. Big Ben, Rivers and Eli have only played 4.

If you're making a prediction that's one thing, but presenting stats comparing career totals of guys who are new in the league versus guys who've been in the league for a decade has no merit.

It'd be no different if I said Lamont Jordan is a better RB then Adrian Peterson and used the fact that he had more career rushing yards to prove it.

has Lamont Jordan been in any pro bowls before?

I selected a random time frame of 8 years, but my point stands that QB's can be found ANYWHERE, and that first round QB's tend to be GARBAGE.

Alex Smith, Jarmarcus Russel, Matt Leinart, Vince Young (very talented athlete but can't get his head together), these guys prove my point.

Archived