Chad NEVER has a good game LOL

lancemehl

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the gift fellas. To think we could have been going into the season with Josh McClown.

-fewest giveaways

-fewest penalties

Lol... Don't worry bro, he's only setting you up so he can really let you down..

We've seen this act numerous times

Lol... Don't worry bro, he's only setting you up so he can really let you down..

We've seen this act numerous times

Well when he did it to you guys you expected more than what he had I think. Myself, I accept Penny for what he is. A solid guy with questionable arm strength but a good game manager. I don't think he will have the opportunity to let us down because most of us don't think we're serious contenders anyway. By the time we are I expect Henne will have taken over and Pennington will either be a back up for us or make his way to another team. But right now I appreciate the infusion of life he's given our offense. Been a long time since I could be excited about Miami O.

Anyways this should be a very interesting division race. I hope you guy can manage to take down Buffalo too. Would be fitting if it was Jets/Miami at the end of the season to determine the WC or even the division in the meadowlands. throw some gas on this rivalry its getting stale. I'm starting to hate the Jets less, and i don't like that feeling.

Well when he did it to you guys you expected more than what he had I think. Myself, I accept Penny for what he is. A solid guy with questionable arm strength but a good game manager. I don't think he will have the opportunity to let us down because most of us don't think we're serious contenders anyway. By the time we are I expect Henne will have taken over and Pennington will either be a back up for us or make his way to another team. But right now I appreciate the infusion of life he's given our offense. Been a long time since I could be excited about Miami O.

Ok.. Here's the prediction I made on a dolphins board after the trade.

Chad will lead you guys to 8 wins or so, you'll spend the offseason talking about a few near misses and how your a piece or two away from being a real contender.

Chad will get all the work in camp depriving Henne of much needed time with the first string offense and inhibiting his progression. Things will be real exciting down in Miami and the Chad will come out next year and either get hurt or stink up the field.

Book it.

Chad will lead you guys to 8 wins or so, you'll spend the offseason talking about a few near misses and how your a piece or two away from being a real contender.

Chad will get all the work in camp depriving Henne of much needed time with the first string offense and inhibiting his progression. Things will be real exciting down in Miami and the Chad will come out next year and either get hurt or stink up the field.

Book it.

So you are saying that the coaches/Parcells are idiots? I don't think Chad "inhibited" Clemens progression. I think Clemens did that all on his own.

So you are saying that the coaches/Parcells are idiots? I don't think Chad "inhibited" Clemens progression. I think Clemens did that all on his own.

Yes because training camp is ultimately a waste of time.

Why does a QB need rhythm and timing with his receivers anyway?

Yes because training camp is ultimately a waste of time.

Why does a QB need rhythm and timing with his receivers anyway?

Yeah, but he didn't exactly "progress" did he? He looked better when he had no much less 1st team time in '06-'07. He looked like **** when he was the starter getting reps during the season and this year in preseason when he come in as #1. I'm saying Parcells won't **** up a valuable guy, if Henne is that guy and I'm no Parcells fan. BP is ok though.

Yeah, but he didn't exactly "progress" did he? He looked better when he had no much less 1st team time in '06-'07. He looked like **** when he was the starter getting reps during the season and this year in preseason when he come in as #1. I'm saying Parcells won't **** up a valuable guy, if Henne is that guy and I'm no Parcells fan. BP is ok though.

Listen, I wasn't talking about Clemens specifically, but if your point is that a young QB doesn't benefit from being the #1 throughout TC I can't agree with you.

My point is that Chad playing this way all season and leading the Flippers to 8 wins will likely lead to him going into camp as the starter. Maybe I'm wrong, but much like the Jets in 2007, you don't bench a guy who leads a turn around for your team just because you have a second rounder on the bench.

Book it.

What trade the Jets released him. 8 wins is like a piece of heaven compared to 1 win.

If anybody is inhibiting a young QBs progression it's Mr. Favre. Pennington is posting over a 100 rating, while Favre is significantly less. Miami is playing mistake free football the Jets are not. The reason Miami is winning some games, and the same reason the Jets are losing them even though they are way more talented than Miami.

You guys took a gamble and it's not paying off as well as you hoped. Lay off the grapes, they're sour. You guys still have plenty of talent though.

Serious question fellas: What is the Jets record if Chad P. is their QB instead of Favre?

Personally I think you guys may be a game better with Penny. I dont see you losing to Oakland and considering Chad shredded New England this year you may have taken that game as well.

Obviously this is purely hypothetical. I understand personnel dictates playcalling and game management, but I cant see you being a worse team with Chad.

Ronnie Brown and the Wildcat won New England.

Chad does not score enough points to beat Arizona..

What trade the Jets released him. 8 wins is like a piece of heaven compared to 1 win.

If anybody is inhibiting a young QBs progression it's Mr. Favre. Pennington is posting over a 100 rating, while Favre is significantly less. Miami is playing mistake free football the Jets are not. The reason Miami is winning some games, and the same reason the Jets are losing them even though they are way more talented than Miami.

You guys took a gamble and it's not paying off as well as you hoped. Lay off the grapes, they're sour. You guys still have plenty of talent though.

Ok, enjoy Chad. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Good day.

Listen, I wasn't talking about Clemens specifically, but if your point is that a young QB doesn't benefit from being the #1 throughout TC I can't agree with you.

My point is that Chad playing this way all season and leading the Flippers to 8 wins will likely lead to him going into camp as the starter. Maybe I'm wrong, but much like the Jets in 2007, you don't bench a guy who leads a turn around for your team just because you have a second rounder on the bench.

That's NOT my point. My point if that if it's so important, top men like Parcells won't **** around because of a guy like Pennington. I think that Clemens specifically wasn't good enough or ready to start. I'm not sure about Henne, but I don't buy that you need to have a truly ****ty guy start in order develop a young QB. I'd prefer to follow the model of development used for Philip Rivers, Aaron Rogers or even Eli, There is something to be said for throwing a guy into the fire, but most QBs aren't truly ready to play until around year 3.

That's NOT my point. My point if that if it's so important, top men like Parcells won't **** around because of a guy like Pennington. I think that Clemens specifically wasn't good enough or ready to start. I'm not sure about Henne, but I don't buy that you need to have a truly ****ty guy start in order develop a young QB. I'd prefer to follow the model of development used for Philip Rivers, Aaron Rogers or even Eli, There is something to be said for throwing a guy into the fire, but most QBs aren't truly ready to play until around year 3.

The Philip Rivers 'Development' was one of the least talked about, and biggest blunders in the NFL's recent history.

If Brees was still in SD, they'd have won a Super Bowl in the last couple years. No doubt.

Aaron Rodgers started in his 4th year, Eli started in his 10th (11th?) game. How can you compare those situations at all?

The Philip Rivers 'Development' was one of the least talked about, and biggest blunders in the NFL's recent history.

If Brees was still in SD, they'd have won a Super Bowl in the last couple years. No doubt.

Aaron Rodgers started in his 4th year, Eli started in his 10th (11th?) game. How can you compare those situations at all?

Not comparing them, just saying you don't need to have Josh McCown be your only vet to develop a QB. Every situation is different, but Chad isn't the kind of guy that you are going to keep a hot rookie on the bench for. If the young guy is looking good in practice you're going to give him more and more reps and bench Chad fairly soon. Benching Favre is a much more difficult proposition. If the Giants can sit Warner the 'phins can surely bench Penny and they don't need to force the team to go 1-15 again under McCown.

Mangini is inexperienced and may have mishandled Clemens. I don't think he did, but in any event, I'm pretty sure Parcells and staff have enough clout and football smarts to properly handle the QB.

Book it.

You couldnt be more wrong.

You shouldve noted that your predcition is what YOU want to happen, and not based on any actual knowledge of the game.

Dolphins fans realize exactly what this year is. No one is expecting playoffs. We're looking for improvement with a new regime after ****ting the bed last season.

The only reason this thread is as long as it is is because Jets fans (some, not all) are jealous of the success Chad is having in Miami. You guys LOADED up in the offseason spending alot of cash and you are one game better than us... bet it stings a little :P

You shouldve noted that your predcition is what YOU want to happen, and not based on any actual knowledge of the game.

Dolphins fans realize exactly what this year is. No one is expecting playoffs. We're looking for improvement with a new regime after ****ting the bed last season.

The only reason this thread is as long as it is is because Jets fans (some, not all) are jealous of the success Chad is having in Miami. You guys LOADED up in the offseason spending alot of cash and you are one game better than us... bet it stings a little :P

As I said earlier, well see.

Congrats on Sparano, he seems like a real deal. You can keep the noodle, don't miss him a bit.

Jealous of the success?

Last time I checked, not only did we beat you, but we have a winning record, and you, a losing one.

Sure, we've looked shaky, but that shakiness has us in a pretty solid spot to make a playoff push if we can win some of the more difficult games coming up. Is there some frustration on our part? Absolutely. But are we jealous of a losing team, who's gimmicking their way to a few wins? No sir.

Whateva stoopid! The fish suck and we have a better record an everyone knows it. we're 4-3 and contenders, you guys suck. penny is a noodle arm homo. come back when the fish are somebodies...like the JJJJJJJEEEEEETTTTTTSSSSSSSS YYYYEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Only contenders loss to the Raiders and squeak by the Chiefs, at home.

Only contenders loss to the Raiders and squeak by the Chiefs, at home.

dude im not saying were contenders for the superbowl right now but we are contenders for the afceast and wildcard. jets can be tied for first after next week, while the phins will still be in the basement.

to come in here and mock us for losing to the raiders and "squeaking" by the chiefs is stupid considering we have 4 wins, you guys have 3 wins. if you guys handled us then things would be different but your team just isnt a good team.

and honestly the score with the jets game was closer than how the overall performance was. the chiefs has one good drive on the jets defense, favre was why the chiefs got their points. favres mistakes made the score closer, but it is very clear to see the jets outplayed the chiefs everywhere.

dude im not saying were contenders for the superbowl right now but we are contenders for the afceast and wildcard. jets can be tied for first after next week, while the phins will still be in the basement.

to come in here and mock us for losing to the raiders and "squeaking" by the chiefs is stupid considering we have 4 wins, you guys have 3 wins. if you guys handled us then things would be different but your team just isnt a good team.

and honestly the score with the jets game was closer than how the overall performance was. the chiefs has one good drive on the jets defense, favre was why the chiefs got their points. favres mistakes made the score closer, but it is very clear to see the jets outplayed the chiefs everywhere.

I never mentioned the Phins. This discussion is purely about the Jets. Of course just about every team in the AFC is in the race in terms of records, but I don't think the Jets or Dolphins will make the playoffs. Both teams have HUGE holes and question marks.

Everyone except the Bengals, Raiders and Chiefs has a shot; it doesn't mean they're all contenders.

And if you guys would've played even a mediocre team, you would've lost. Brett Favre will cost you games and had you not played the AFC's worst team, that would've happened today.

Honestly from the Jets perspective this is the most concerning thing. I've seen highlights of the noodle arm, most of his TD's were on wide open throws that I can make (like the TD today)

Henning and Sparano are totally confusing opposing defenses right now and Chad is reaping the benefits..

on edit: And Mike you know I think Chad is an Ok starting QB so while this reads as a diss of Chad, it isn't meant to be. The main point is that Henne is likely to start next year, but Sparano will still be there potentially making trouble for us.

I agree 100% not sure who the starter will be next year. But this coaching staff is very good Much better then the Jets IMO.

OH and on that TD Chad did use a great play fake to open up the TE.

I never mentioned the Phins. This discussion is purely about the Jets. Of course just about every team in the AFC is in the race in terms of records, but I don't think the Jets or Dolphins will make the playoffs. Both teams have HUGE holes and question marks.

Everyone except the Bengals, Raiders and Chiefs has a shot; it doesn't mean they're all contenders.

And if you guys would've played even a mediocre team, you would've lost. Brett Favre will cost you games and had you not played the AFC's worst team, that would've happened today.

Love it when we get expert opinions from dolphags fans...

I agree 100% not sure who the starter will be next year. But this coaching staff is very good Much better then the Jets IMO.

Yes, not to dminish Chad from Chad he made a nice play fake, but the phins have defenses playing on it's heels, not just reacting. I'm hoping it's a bit like a baseball palyer being called up in September and hitting the leather off the ball, maybe defenses just don't have the tendencies down.

Anyway, Chad has played well but the coaching staff looks great...

Yes, not to dminish Chad from Chad he made a nice play fake, but the phins have defenses playing on it's heels, not just reacting. I'm hoping it's a bit like a baseball palyer being called up in September and hitting the leather off the ball, maybe defenses just don't have the tendencies down.

Anyway, Chad has played well but the coaching staff looks great...

Agreed.

A little early. The Jets staff looked like geniuses in '06. Now not so much. Let's see how they do when the face some adversity and raised expectations.

Book it.

Why does that sound so familiar? ;)

Archived