Chad NEVER has a good game LOL

lancemehl

Oh would you guys shut up already.

You're staff looks solid, you've achieved a modicum of success, but you're sitting on this board acting like you've really accomplished anything as opposed to being 'better than last year'...

I'm sorry, but I think it's time for a reality check. Your a decent team, who's winning some low scoring games with a gimmicky offense that may or may not work forever.

Fins fans are hilarious.

Their team hasn't won a title for nearly as long as the Jets and they squandered having one of the greatest QBs of all time for his entire career and they always seem to crow and the pittance of success.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right click on the image and go to Properties. It will give you the URL for the image, which will reveal the great mystery as to its origin.

I thought you were a little more savvy than this...

You%20fail%20at%20Internet.bmp

My bad.

I figured it was in your photobucket account with all the SBIII pictures ;)

Maybe Chad likes playing in Miami better than New York. Ever think of that? Or, it's probably just that Miami has a better coaching staff than the Jets, that's why he's playing so much better.

BIOYA Chad's NOT playing any better. That's his style. Who would you rather have when there 1 min. left and your 80 yards away from victory? Brett or Chad? I think the last play of your loss to Houston makes my point.

BIOYA Chad's NOT playing any better. That's his style. Who would you rather have when there 1 min. left and your 80 yards away from victory? Brett or Chad? I think the last play of your loss to Houston makes my point.

Please, gimme strength. If Favre was playing that game he would have thrown a pick at the end. Besides, Chad didn't even throw on that last play, we tried some type of reverse latteral crap that went nowhere. I know what you're going to say, "Chad couldn't throw that far that's why Miami called a gimmick play" but that's wrong, Chad showed some real strength in his arm yesterday. Our first play of the game was a 50 yard bomb to Ginn with NO YAC... All arm strength son.

Please, gimme strength. If Favre was playing that game he would have thrown a pick at the end. Besides, Chad didn't even throw on that last play, we tried some type of reverse latteral crap that went nowhere. I know what you're going to say, "Chad couldn't throw that far that's why Miami called a gimmick play" but that's wrong, Chad showed some real strength in his arm yesterday. Our first play of the game was a 50 yard bomb to Ginn with NO YAC... All arm strength son.

This will just end in a pissing contest, but let's go back to that first game. Favre wins that game for you guys if he's on your team. And this is the reason why Chad's a Dolphin and Brett's a Jet. Besides yesterday, Chad has only had one game in which he has engineered a comeback win against a .500 or better team in the second half and I think it was against the Chargers several years ago.

This will just end in a pissing contest, but let's go back to that first game. Favre wins that game for you guys if he's on your team. And this is the reason why Chad's a Dolphin and Brett's a Jet. Besides yesterday, Chad has only had one game in which he has engineered a comeback win against a .500 or better team in the second half and I think it was against the Chargers several years ago.

Yeah, that first game of the season. Favre had 2 lucky bombs, one of which was so lucky and so ridiculous that it's hard to believe somebody came down with it in the endzone, but they did. Without those 2 plays Miami wins. Thankfully our teams get to play eachother again, we can settle this at the end of the year ;)

BTW, Chad had a comeback victory yesterday, we were down by 9 in the 3rd, it just wasn't the final drive heroics that Favre pulls from his kiester.

Yeah, that first game of the season. Favre had 2 lucky bombs, one of which was so lucky and so ridiculous that it's hard to believe somebody came down with it in the endzone, but they did. Without those 2 plays Miami wins. Thankfully our teams get to play eachother again, we can settle this at the end of the year ;)

BTW, Chad had a comeback victory yesterday, we were down by 9 in the 3rd, it just wasn't the final drive heroics that Favre pulls from his kiester.

I mentioned that in my post he had a comeback victory yesterday...that's twice in his career against .500 or better teams going into the second half.

We dominated you for 3 quarters until Mangini went into a shell... I love when fin fans try and blame the Favre bomb for that loss...

We dominated you for 3 quarters until Mangini went into a shell... I love when fin fans try and blame the Favre bomb for that loss...

Fin fans are very amusing. It's also the height of hilarity for them to be defending Chad now when they wanted him cut after week 2 and criticized him to no end when he was a Jets QB.

Fin fans are very amusing. It's also the height of hilarity for them to be defending Chad now when they wanted him cut after week 2 and criticized him to no end when he was a Jets QB.

The ultimate hilarity is that they sound exactly like Jets fans in 2006 and yet they think they're in some way original.

"his arm looks stronger". "It's clear the coaching was holding him back". "We aren't relying on him for more then 1 season anyway"

:bwahaharoll:

It's really enjoyable and all that I could have hoped for. Instead of being infuriated cause it's happening to the Jets, I get to point and laugh guilt free..

The ultimate hilarity is that they sound exactly like Jets fans in 2006 and yet they think they're in some way original.

"his arm looks stronger". "It's clear the coaching was holding him back". "We aren't relying on him for more then 1 season anyway"

:bwahaharoll:

It's really enjoyable and all that I could have hoped for. Instead of being infuriated cause it's happening to the Jets, I get to point and laugh guilt free..

Miami fans should be happy. Chad is doing a great job there with very little WR Talent. They also have not had a good NFL QB in a lot of years.

Plus with Brett you're ALWAYS in the game. With Chad? , down by 7 in the 4th..... game ovah !! ::GoJets:

I'll take Brett all day every day, BUT it's a fact that he has NEVER come back from being down 14 points or more(we learned that during a jet broadcast this year)

plus he's the ALL time interception king, he's Todd, O'Brien and Vinny rolled into one.

I re-iterate, I'll take Brett, but let's stay away from the ONE category Chad owns him in.

Again, I'm new here...

But all I see is your thread on Chad. Not a bunch of people ready to jump...

He had a solid game, where he threw for a bunch of yards and 1 TD. I fail to see how this is relevant to anything, and as I said, fail to see anyone getting worked up over this but you.

As far as the wildcat, you cannot discuss the Miami offense without discussing it. Considering in prior games (I didn't see a second of yesterday's game because I was at the Jet game) a large portion of the Jets offense came with Pennington at WR. Those plays are not a success because of Chad, they're a success because of Ronnie Brown, nothing more, nothing less. Was it Brett Favre who propelled Leon Washington on his 60 yard TD, or should we be considering ourselves fortunate we have Washington who made that play and Favre just handed him the ball.

OK, let me help catch you up.

The whole post had nothing to do with chad. We all love brett, INTERCEPTION machine and all, but if you've been here since day one, everytime chad has a nice statline and someone mentions it(which, by the way is perfectly legitimate football/JET talk, considering the circumstances) a million excuses come as to why he did it, rather than, he had a good game.

Somewhere that was lost in translation 80 posts later, ever play telephone.

everyone here loves Favre. We also,however upgraded Miami, no big deal, but worth a mention.

I'll take Brett all day every day, BUT it's a fact that he has NEVER come back from being down 14 points or more(we learned that during a jet broadcast this year)

Wrong. In the first game of his career in which he saw extensive action, he replaced an injured Don Majkowski and lead Green Bay back from a 17-3 4th Quarter deficit to beat Cincinatti.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199209200gnb.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGGfhTdiKF0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGGfhTdiKF0

OK, let me help catch you up.

The whole post had nothing to do with chad. We all love brett, INTERCEPTION machine and all, but if you've been here since day one, everytime chad has a nice statline and someone mentions it(which, by the way is perfectly legitimate football/JET talk, considering the circumstances) a million excuses come as to why he did it, rather than, he had a good game.

Somewhere that was lost in translation 80 posts later, ever play telephone.

everyone here loves Favre. We also,however upgraded Miami, no big deal, but worth a mention.

This thread was not made because it's 'worth a mention'. The title would have been something along the lines of, 'Chad has solid day for Miami' if it were. Instead, the thread was made antagonistically, hence it's title, which kind of blows your explanation about being 'worth a mention' out of the water.

Also, I was going to address your above post, but I'll just do it here.

For his career, the 'interception machine' only throws a pick 0.6 percent more than the guy who you claim 'doesn't turn the ball over'.

The stats that back that up are:

CP: 2121 attempts, 58 INTs

BF: 8993 attempts, 299 INTs

Now, Favre throws a TD (457) 5.1% of those passes, Chad (89) only 4.2%.

Let's look at the splits. TD/INT Ratio... I bet you didn't know that they're both 1.53:1. If you look at the actual number, Chad has a slight advantage in the thousandths decimal place.

Now, what's funny is that the guy who's known as the 'interception machine', the gunslinger, the mistake prone guy, is throwing TDs to INTs at the identical ratio as the guy who's known as 'mistake free', 'doesn't turn the ball over'. There's a level of dissonance here, no?

This thread was not made because it's 'worth a mention'. The title would have been something along the lines of, 'Chad has solid day for Miami' if it were. Instead, the thread was made antagonistically, hence it's title, which kind of blows your explanation about being 'worth a mention' out of the water.

Also, I was going to address your above post, but I'll just do it here.

For his career, the 'interception machine' only throws a pick 0.6 percent more than the guy who you claim 'doesn't turn the ball over'.

The stats that back that up are:

CP: 2121 attempts, 58 INTs

BF: 8993 attempts, 299 INTs

Now, Favre throws a TD (457) 5.1% of those passes, Chad (89) only 4.2%.

Let's look at the splits. TD/INT Ratio... I bet you didn't know that they're both 1.53:1. If you look at the actual number, Chad has a slight advantage in the thousandths decimal place.

Now, what's funny is that the guy who's known as the 'interception machine', the gunslinger, the mistake prone guy, is throwing TDs to INTs at the identical ratio as the guy who's known as 'mistake free', 'doesn't turn the ball over'. There's a level of dissonance here, no?

Anytime Pennington's name is brought up even in a decent way it ALWAYS ends up in a fight.

That is just the way it is.

Favre has been nothing short of abysmal the last two games and the only reason the Jets didn't lose yesterday was because the guy coaching against Mangini is the biggest dope in the NFL.

The one thing that Pennington has done for Miami is steady them. Is he their future ? No. That will come down the road when Henne is ready or Fish draft another QB. Pennington right now has given fish fans hope. He won't get them to the Super Bowl but he is at least for now part of a group that is putting the Dolphins back in the right direction. Which is alot more right now then I can for Favre.

plus he's the ALL time interception king, he's Todd, O'Brien and Vinny rolled into one.

I re-iterate, I'll take Brett, but let's stay away from the ONE category Chad owns him in.

It was a surprising stat to see, and I remember seeing it as well.

I don't know that Chad "owns" anyone in that category. The only time I can recall him coming back from 14 was against the 49ers in 2004, and the only way for us to be down by 14 pts in the first place is for Chad & company to get totally shut out in the first half by the friggin' 49ers.

So keep in mind you're a lot more likely to be down by 14 pts when you don't put many points on the board in the first place. I don't doubt for a minute that Favre starts winging it all over the place when down by 2 TD's. But GB generally put points on the board behind Favre than the Jets did behind Pennington. GB was 6th or higher in points-scored in 11 of 15 seasons with Favre from 1993-2007. In 10 of those 15 seasons they also had a top-12 defense in point-surrendered as well.

Teams that score that much and whose defense generally keeps the opponent in-check just aren't down by 14 as often. So while I was also surprised to see it flashed on my screen, isolated on its own it's not a tell-all stat.

:rl: Where have you been you pathetic troll ? Only showing up after a Dolfag win. What a joke.

Go ahead and look at my post history around September 7th-10th. I was here after we lost to the Jets.

And I was just responding to that Tony guy because he's easily the most clueless football fan I've ever seen. To consider the 4-3 Jets contenders and the 3-4 Dolphins hopeless is ripe with humor. I mean how can you not lose the Jets destroying those guantlent teams in Kansas City and Oakland.

Plus with Brett you're ALWAYS in the game. With Chad? , down by 7 in the 4th..... game ovah !! ::GoJets:

It wasn't quite the 4th quarter yet but we were down 16-7 midway through the third quarter yesterday. Go ahead and keep your INT, prayer throwing bafoon and I'll stick with the proficient, effective passer.

Are you sure you still want Brett? Afterall, you guys did boo him yesterday after that pick six. Haha, gotta love Jets fans.

And you wouldn't want Chad when trailing in the 2nd half? Hmm... Let's have a look.

He was 11 for 16 with 168 yards and led the Dolphins to a touchdown and three field goals.

It wasn't quite the 4th quarter yet but we were down 16-7 midway through the third quarter yesterday. Go ahead and keep your INT, prayer throwing bafoon and I'll stick with the proficient, effective passer.

Are you sure you still want Brett? Afterall, you guys did boo him yesterday after that pick six. Haha, gotta love Jets fans.

And you wouldn't want Chad when trailing in the 2nd half? Hmm... Let's have a look.

He was 11 for 16 with 168 yards and led the Dolphins to a touchdown and three field goals.

Pennington does not have a good track-record of coming back from behind. I think the last time he came back from over 7 points was against the 49ers in 2004 after he got shut out in the first half by that pathetic defense.

And who wouldn't boo a QB after a pick-6? I don't care what he did for Green bay for a decade & a half. You throw a pick-6, you deserve to get booed.

He was 11 for 16 with 168 yards and led the Dolphins to a touchdown and three field goals .

Details... the mortal enemy of every Penningtonologist

Yes, Chad should be given entire credit for that comeback, the fact that the Bills second half drives after the TD ended in a 3 and out, an INT, a Fumble, a Safety, and finally another fumble didn't play a hand at all..

Coming back from 9 is no great achievement when your defenses forces a 3 and out, 3 turnovers and a safety to close out the game. Actually at home, with that kind of momentum he should've put up a hell of a lot more points then that..

I wonder what Favre would do if his defense was ever that dominant and opportunists. Oh wait, he did get that once and he put up 35 points in the second quarter against AZ...

Yes, Chad should be given entire credit for that comeback, the fact that the Bills second half drives after the TD ended in a 3 and out, an INT, a Fumble, a Safety, and finally another fumble didn't play a hand at all..

Coming back from 9 is no great achievement when your defenses forces a 3 and out, 3 turnovers and a safety to close out the game. Actually at home, with that kind of momentum he should've put up a hell of a lot more points then that..

I wonder what Favre would do if his defense was ever that dominant and opportunists. Oh wait, he did get that once and he put up 35 points in the second quarter against AZ...

post911049313468us.jpg

In a ball control, run oriented offense, I want no part of Mr. INT himself. Chad has done everything this team has asked him to do. Sure the defense played well, but without his big throws, we don't put up the 18 points in the final 25 minutes of the game.

In a ball control, run oriented offense, I want no part of Mr. INT himself. Chad has done everything this team has asked him to do. Sure the defense played well, but without his big throws, we don't put up the 18 points in the final 25 minutes of the game.

Ok. Enjoy Chad..

Archived