I hate to burst everyone's Bubble

afosomf

I agree with the second part of your post, but the first? At least two? I assume that the one he threw on 3rd and short when the team was in easy FG range and went for a TD the other way didn't equate with a punt. That leaves the one he threw on first down that was returned to the LOS in Jets territory and the one that he threw on second down. I know I'm a risk taker on O, but those aren't punting downs in my book.

Yes agreed. I only meant they were down the field..

Favre can't help it if his pick off coverage team was giving up big returns..

I noticed that about Favre as well.

I think he was also shellshocked about the pick 6 because it was such an easy play. Stuckey over the middle for 4 yards on a timing pattern, no biggie. Just to guess, on his 2 other INTs, I bet he thought there was a chance at an INT but thought the risk was worth it. On this one, I bet he thought there was no way it could get picked.

Actually the worst one is the one that was dropped. I know he throws it hard, but it would have had to perforate that LBs chest. That ball had no chance.

Yes agreed. I only meant they were down the field..

Favre can't help it if his pick off coverage team was giving up big returns..

Something else to crucify the coaches for! First no backup kicker, then no way to deal with the two TEs going down and now the pick off coverage! Don't laugh. In the Italian flag league it's very important!

I honestly didn't expect this from you, just because your a much more intelligent poster than a lot of people here.

We win next week, and we'll be right back in it. Yes we barely beat the worst team in the league but I don't give a ****, last time I checked a win is a win.

In my opinion, the Bills got better but they are getting rated to high.

Grand scheme of things, with either a win or a loss, we can still be a playoff team.

I think people are more upset with quality of play than with the record right now. If we managed to win in OT against the Raiders, I'll still be very weary at 5-2, as we still would have looked bad in back to back weeks.

A more cohesive unit needs to show up in Buffalo, a team that makes less mistakes, and can be more efficient. Without those things, we will lose... And even if we manage to win, without those things, long term, it's still not good.

Actually the worst one is the one that was dropped. I know he throws it hard, but it would have had to perforate that LBs chest. That ball had no chance.

If you go back and look at the tape, you will see he had Dustin Keller wide open on a route to the back corner of the end zone on this play. Favre decided to go with the underneath route and threw it right to the LB.

On the pick 6 play, he had Keller (again) wide open in the flat which would have been an easy TD. Instead he threw into an area with 3 KC defenders.

If you go back and look at the tape, you will see he had Dustin Keller wide open on a route to the back corner of the end zone on this play. Favre decided to go with the underneath route and threw it right to the LB.

On the pick 6 play, he had Keller (again) wide open in the flat which would have been an easy TD. Instead he threw into an area with 3 KC defenders.

You can see this on the TV tape or at the game? I didn't notice either of those open receivers on the boob tube.....

I have noticed, even on TV, that Favre is not finding the pen guy a lot, so I don't doubt it at all...

Grand scheme of things, with either a win or a loss, we can still be a playoff team.

I think people are more upset with quality of play than with the record right now. If we managed to win in OT against the Raiders, I'll still be very weary at 5-2, as we still would have looked bad in back to back weeks.

A more cohesive unit needs to show up in Buffalo, a team that makes less mistakes, and can be more efficient. Without those things, we will lose... And even if we manage to win, without those things, long term, it's still not good.

For me it's the overall feel of this team to me. You can tell me if I'm wrong here but I posted this in another thread and feel it's the best way to illustrate how I feel about this team.

We are the little nerd who gets slapped around by everyone and we never fight back on either side of the ball. On offense we seem entirely predictable and we never impose our will on any defense, you start on the ground and we have yet to really do that. On defense when we start getting carved up it seems everyone gets tense and we go into a shell. No matter how bad a team is, they seem to have no problems bullying us up and down the field. That's what bothers me.

For me it's the overall feel of this team to me. You can tell me if I'm wrong here but I posted this in another thread and feel it's the best way to illustrate how I feel about this team.

We are the little nerd who gets slapped around by everyone and we never fight back on either side of the ball. On offense we seem entirely predictable and we never impose our will on any defense, you start on the ground and we have yet to really do that. On defense when we start getting carved up it seems everyone gets tense and we go into a shell. No matter how bad a team is, they seem to have no problems bullying us up and down the field. That's what bothers me.

In short, you're saying this team has no heart.

I'll reserve judgment for another week on that.

In short, you're saying this team has no heart.

I'll reserve judgment for another week on that.

Eh... I wouldn't say no heart. No heart to me is throwing in the towel and giving up. I think we play scared, from the top down. Play calling, passing, running, everything, feels like "Oh crap let's not screw up."

Obviously a big win in Buffalo can change the dynamic. I don't think players are dumb, they know they played 3 bad teams and were luck to escape with a 2-1 record. A win in Buffalo can put some swagger in their step.

The Giants looked like crap for most of last year and didn't kick it into gear until the last quarter of the season. Prior to that, everyone was calling for Manning's and Coughlin's heads. The Jets haven't shown anything that would lead us to believe that they are about to turn the corner, but who knows. It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

The Giants looked like crap for most of last year and didn't kick it into gear unti lthe last quarter of the season. Prior to that, everyone qwas calling for Manning's and Coughlin's heads. The Jets haven't shown anything that would lead us to believe that they are about to turn the corner, but who knows> It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

Actually, and I know that people hate the comparison, the 2007 Giants are actually a very good comparison to this team.

Fairly stout in the trenches particularly on D, good pressure defense but crappy pass coverage and a QB whose playing wildly inconsistent and making some head scratching mistakes..

Mark my words if we do put the pieces together this team will be very dangerous. We are not undermanned like we were in 2006.

The Giants looked like crap for most of last year and didn't kick it into gear unti lthe last quarter of the season. Prior to that, everyone qwas calling for Manning's and Coughlin's heads. The Jets haven't shown anything that would lead us to believe that they are about to turn the corner, but who knows> It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

yeah I agree. we have shown flashes of brilliances. small flashes but I think we have the playmakers on both sides of the ball to turn it around. this team needs to gel

Exactly everyone was calling for Coughlin's head the middle of last season and look what happened.-one difference the Giants offensive line is better than ours IMO. Or so far anyway.

everyone has good points here. it is definately disapointing that they have played this putrid but another way to look at it is....if we can pull out wins with dispicable play than imagine what we do when we pull it together right?

the big problem i see is that the jets continue to make the same mistakes week after week. at some point these aren't 'mistakes' but are actually weaknesses and holes.

favre is taking a beating and throwing int after int in the redzone. the running game is avg at best, the playcalling is questionable, and the formations basically give the play away before the snap.

defensively the team cannot stop a pass over the middle to save its life. pressure on the QB is basically non-existant without blitzing from the secondary. all of these issues have appeared in just about every game this season, about the only thing consistent with the 08 jets.

The Patriots had to hang on at the last second to beat the Chiefs so everyone back away from the ledge please..First its take the hand cuffs off of farvre ,now we aren't running the ball enough..The only reason the game as close as it was because Brett made some bad decisions BUT we all knew that he did this consistly throughout his NFL career. While he sometimes makes miracle plays he occasionly looks very bad,

It is what it is!

Actually, and I know that people hate the comparison, the 2007 Giants are actually a very good comparison to this team.

Fairly stout in the trenches particularly on D, good pressure defense but crappy pass coverage and a QB whose playing wildly inconsistent and making some head scratching mistakes..

Mark my words if we do put the pieces together this team will be very dangerous. We are not undermanned like we were in 2006.

Excellent point and that's the best thing about 4-3.

The Jets don't have to "turn it around" just to get in playoff contention, they already are despite playing crappy.

Right now, there are only 7 teams in the AFC with winning records and while the Titans are 6-0, the second best record is 5-2 (1 game better than the Jets).

i'm gonna reserve judgement myself. we're 4-3. the nfl is just crazy this year. i'm gonna take 4-3 as ok with hope for improvement each week.

it seems every team is going from playoff caliber to goats week by week.

we won. we can beat buffalo imo. we'll see

The Buffalo game, IMHO , is a "must" win for us. It's divisional plus if we should not win we'd be 2 back of the Bills. IMO again losing that Oakland game REALLY hurt our playoff chances. Buffalo's tough against the run with Marcus Stroud added to their D line but the underneath passes by the Dolfags were VERY effective against them. If Favre is on, we win !!!

Hmm... The good news is that the Favre 4th quarter comeback game winning TD drive just about guarantees we'll be n NFL replay this week so I'll be able to catch it..[/quote]

:biggrin: You and me both. I hope the KC game is on but there werte lots of close games this week.

The Buffalo game, IMHO , is a "must" win for us. It's divisional plus if we should not win we'd be 2 back of the Bills. IMO again losing that Oakland game REALLY hurt our playoff chances. Buffalo's tough against the run with Marcus Stroud added to their D line but the underneath passes by the Dolfags were VERY effective against them. If Favre is on, we win !!!

You know what that means right?

The Jets offensive game plan for the game will be to run the ball and try some deep passes.

Archived