After watching Indy lose...

CobraVerde

I realize things are not so bad. There is no dominant force (other than Tennessee so far) and with that said we have to keep at it. Win within the division and we should be ok. I know i say this when even on gameday I start to doubt this team but we all know its a rollercoaster ride being a Jets fan. Thats the beauty of it. I see a lot of players on this team that i think have potential to be great players and i expect so much from them. I simply have to remember that the NFL has a lot of great players and on any given sunday anyone can win. Remember home field advantage throughout the playoffs is a great asset but it isn't an automatic ticket to the SB. Heck even a perfect season doesn't gaurantee you a Lombardi trophy. With that said it takes a team to win and the blame of a loss cannot fall on one man unless youre Doug Brien (you bastard).

Lets put all the finger pointing aside and get through these next set of tough games. As fans we have an obligation to support (and criticize). We now know that Farve can throw 3 INTs and still win the game. He needs to break out of this slump and the team and fans need to keep supporting him. Being in NY he is prolly not used to being scrutinized so much. Coaches have to adjust to the game and Leon has to keep on being Leon.

Rock on.

:box:

That loss was on Herm, Chad, Martin, and Hackett; not Doug Brien. The kick was out of his range for that stadium. He's only as good as he is, so it's the offense's job to get him within his gimme range. We decided to make the FG longer by kneeling on it. Doug Brien's range sucked, but that's the kicker the HC chose to go with for the season.

Oh, and f-Doug Brien.

But the points you made are good. Tennessee looks to be headed for a #1 seed. Other than this undefeated team, there are only 3 teams with a better record than us. YES, it sucks that we should have - at a minimum - beaten Oakland and been tied for the #2 seed with a 5-2 record. But we can be in very good shape with a win vs. Buffalo.

NE is at Indy this Sunday. Monday night losers usually bounce back, and Indy should take care of NE. That would leave all three of us at 5-3 heading into a home game vs StL and NE/Buf facing each other; only one of them can win.

I don't want to look any further into the schedule because looking beyond this upcoming game is already looking too far. But the season is far from lost at this point. All it is so far is discouraging because we lost to Oakland and barely beat KC.

exactly. Jets going 6-3 the rest of the way is possible while jags, and colts really have to go 7-2. as long as the ravens dont keep shocking people, I can see the 2 wildcards coming from the east. and then in the playoffs there really isnt a team that is that great, so in the playoffs any team can beat anybody. I have a feeling a wildcard will go to the superbowl in the AFC.

next 5 games 4-1 is the main goal and should set us up nicely. 3-2 wouldnt be to bad but we would maybe have to in the rest of the games to guarantee a spot and buffalo is one of those games.

One game at a time. Analyze where you've been, but don't look past the next game.

Guys like you looking past the next game and bad attitudes like Night Stalker's are causing these poor performances! That and Arsis' ****ty game thread!

NE is at Indy this Sunday. Monday night losers usually bounce back, and Indy should take care of NE.

Well, Indy cant stop the run and their O line has problems. Seymour is playing like a Monster and NE is much faster at LB with Mayo and Guyton. The Pats have the 3rd ranked redzone defense.

The plan is working so I like NE's chances.

Well, Indy cant stop the run and their O line has problems. Seymour is playing like a Monster and NE is much faster at LB with Mayo and Guyton. The Pats have the 3rd ranked redzone defense.

The plan is working so I like NE's chances.

I didn't say NE didn't have a good chance. I said that the MNF loser usually wins (or covers if they're underdogs) the following week. But each game is its own entity and even a trend doesn't, by definition, make something a lock.

And New England & all its fans can collectively blow me. No offense.

I refuse to talk about anything other than the Buffalo game..if they play remotely like they did this past Sunday this conversation will be useless. But you do make a good point and the Jets COULD salvage this season it is just a matter if they will

Even after watching the Indy game things didnt change my mind, regarding the playoff race, yes maybe things aren't so bad, but we still are and that game did nothing to change my mind about the NEW YORK JETS, were in a world of trouble and we need to turn it around ASAP!

I agree with 4H.

If the Jets play the way they did Sunday the Bills will not only beat them but the will blow them right out of the Stadium.

The Jets are going to need to bring their hardhats this weekend. Buffalo is going to make this a hard hitting, physical game and the Jets are going to have step up and instead of trying to trick the Bills, punch them in mouth and get after them.

Right now though I just don't know which Jets team is going to show up. I do though feel that this game is going to define their season. If they win they will be in the race all year.

Lose....

It will get real ugly for Mangini and company.

I agree with 4H.

If the Jets play the way they did Sunday the Bills will not only beat them but the will blow them right out of the Stadium.

The Jets are going to need to bring their hardhats this weekend. Buffalo is going to make this a hard hitting, physical game and the Jets are going to have step up and instead of trying to trick the Bills, punch them in mouth and get after them.

Right now though I just don't know which Jets team is going to show up. I do though feel that this game is going to define their season. If they win they will be in the race all year.

Lose....

It will get real ugly for Mangini and company.

True

You know Buffalo will be coming out hard from last week's loss. Any divisional game is tough and we have all sorts of problems winning in Buffalo. This is a big test for this Jets team.

That loss was on Herm, Chad, Martin, and Hackett; not Doug Brien. The kick was out of his range for that stadium. He's only as good as he is, so it's the offense's job to get him within his gimme range. We decided to make the FG longer by kneeling on it. Doug Brien's range sucked, but that's the kicker the HC chose to go with for the season.

Oh, and f-Doug Brien.

But the points you made are good. Tennessee looks to be headed for a #1 seed. Other than this undefeated team, there are only 3 teams with a better record than us. YES, it sucks that we should have - at a minimum - beaten Oakland and been tied for the #2 seed with a 5-2 record. But we can be in very good shape with a win vs. Buffalo.

NE is at Indy this Sunday. Monday night losers usually bounce back, and Indy should take care of NE. That would leave all three of us at 5-3 heading into a home game vs StL and NE/Buf facing each other; only one of them can win.

I don't want to look any further into the schedule because looking beyond this upcoming game is already looking too far. But the season is far from lost at this point. All it is so far is discouraging because we lost to Oakland and barely beat KC.

The record is not my problem with this team right now. The fact remains - We have been pushed to the limit by Cincy and Kansas City. We have been beaten by the Oakland Raiders and over the last 3 weeks, our great HOF QB has been as bad as any QB in the league. I couldn't care less about how good our record is in this AFC, if we keep playing like we've played over the last 3 weeks, then we're losing our next 4 games.

We need to win this Buffallo game, and I REALLY don't like our chances of that. Also not too optimistic that the Colts will beat the Pats, not ruling it out but the Pats look to have found some shape to their offense and team as a whole under Matt Cassell.

Oh, and f-Doug Brien.

This Sundays matchup in Buffalo is a must win for us being it's a divisional and conference game. A win ties us with the Bills and puts us in decent shape heading into the last half of the season. It won't be easy as I imagine the Bills are still smarting after their 4th Qtr. meltdown against the Dolfags.

I don't think its Tennessee being so good, I think its more of Indianapolis having injuries and getting older. Last night was still like Peyton Manning's fourth or fifth start of the season since he missed the entire Preseason and Training Camp. Not a lot of work with a youngster like Anthony Gonzalez and since Marvin Harrison missed so much time last year, and it was brought up by Trico last night, they hadn't worked together in nearly 9, 10 months. Thats a long lap of time.

Missing Joseph Addai hurts them and Bob Sanders makes that defense entirely by himself. When he is in there it is tough to run on Indy, when he isn't, teams run all over him.

Tipped passes went the way of Tennessee last night that always went in the way of Indianapolis as well.

Yes the Titans are 7-0 and its impressive, but I still don't believe they're the best team in the NFL. Kerry Collins at this point in his career is not going to beat you with his arm. They don't scare me nearly as much as the Giants, Redskins and Steelers.

I didn't say NE didn't have a good chance. I said that the MNF loser usually wins (or covers if they're underdogs) the following week. But each game is its own entity and even a trend doesn't, by definition, make something a lock.

And New England & all its fans can collectively blow me. No offense.

I never implied that you stated NE had no chance. Simply that the Colts arent the same team as last season. They have issues.

BTW, the spread is EVEN.

If the playoffs started today the AFC would like this:

1. Tennessee 7-0

2. Pittsburgh 5-2

3. New England 5-2

4. Denver 4-3

5. Buffalo 5-2

6. Baltimore (beats us out because they're 4-3 in the AFC, we're 3-3) 4-3

7. Jets 4-3

8. Colts / Jaguars / Browns / Dolphins 3-4

1. Tennessee 7-0

2. Pittsburgh 5-2

3. New England 5-2

4. Denver 4-3

5. Buffalo 5-2

7. Jets 4-3

Jetkid94 hack into your account?;-)

That line up really shows how important the Buffallo game is this week. If we lose, I can't see us salvaging the season.

1. Tennessee 7-0

2. Pittsburgh 5-2

3. New England 5-2

4. Denver 4-3

5. Buffalo 5-2

7. Jets 4-3

yeah so what

if i had boobs i would be a tranny

note to self do not hit reply key

oh Sh1t

Jetkid94 hack into your account?;-)

That line up really shows how important the Buffallo game is this week. If we lose, I can't see us salvaging the season.

Depends really. I think this game is important to win, but if we can beat St.Louis and New England, we'd be right back on track. Have to be no worse than 6-4 after the Patriot game, I will say that.

Even after watching the Indy game things didnt change my mind, regarding the playoff race, yes maybe things aren't so bad, but we still are and that game did nothing to change my mind about the NEW YORK JETS, were in a world of trouble and we need to turn it around ASAP!

I agree with the overall sentiment, BUT despite how poor the Jets have played, they are still 1 of 7 teams over .500 in the conference and 1 game back of the 2nd best record in the conference.

So even with their bad play, the Jets are still in good shape for the playoff drive because they're in it right now.

They're not the 3-5 Chargers or 3-4 Jags or the 3-4 Colts who have to first worry about getting to .500 before they can think about a playoff push.

The Jets have to play better, no question, but I don't think they Jets are in a "world of trouble." The Chargers are in a world of trouble because they are 2 games below .500 and the Colts and Jags are considering that their division is out of reach.

If the Jets lose this week the division becomes out of the question, but not the wc.

Meh, to be honest I'm convinced we're done right now. We have been awful over the last 3 weeks, regardless of the 2-1 record, there's no sugarcoating the fact that we've been pushed/been beaten by 3 of the worst teams in the league, all of which had injury problems, Missing players such as:

Carson Palmer - Starting QB

Derrick Burgess - Starting DE, best pass rusher on the team

Brodie Croyle - Starting QB

Damon Huard - Backup QB

Larry Johnson - Star RB, best player on an awful team

That list makes painful reading for Jet fans, come to think of it we have yet to play any teams who are 100% while we have been healthy for the most part. There are delusional fans who will try and sugarcoat what we've done like I said earlier but I just don't have any kind of feel for what this team has donw this season.

Sure it helps that the AFC looks VERY weak right now, but to be honest I don't think this group is going to have the consistency going forward to compete for the divsion or even a WC. I hope I'm wrong and the Jets beat the Bills this week but I can't see it happening.

Yes in the past years we play bad to bad teams, but we seem to always play tough as underdogs. Last year we played tough to pittsburgh. in 06 we played tough to undefeated indy, undefeated bears, and a tough brady team.

its not like this team plays bad in tough games.

I realize things are not so bad. There is no dominant force (other than Tennessee so far) and with that said we have to keep at it. Win within the division and we should be ok. I know i say this when even on gameday I start to doubt this team but we all know its a rollercoaster ride being a Jets fan. Thats the beauty of it. I see a lot of players on this team that i think have potential to be great players and i expect so much from them. I simply have to remember that the NFL has a lot of great players and on any given sunday anyone can win. Remember home field advantage throughout the playoffs is a great asset but it isn't an automatic ticket to the SB. Heck even a perfect season doesn't gaurantee you a Lombardi trophy. With that said it takes a team to win and the blame of a loss cannot fall on one man unless youre Doug Brien (you bastard).

Lets put all the finger pointing aside and get through these next set of tough games. As fans we have an obligation to support (and criticize). We now know that Farve can throw 3 INTs and still win the game. He needs to break out of this slump and the team and fans need to keep supporting him. Being in NY he is prolly not used to being scrutinized so much. Coaches have to adjust to the game and Leon has to keep on being Leon.

Rock on.

:box:

besides the Titties, the entire AFC is wide open...

Archived