Gholston DID play this week!

To everyone who keeps defending this cupcake, here is what he did........

During the first kickoff after the jets scored on the opening drive, Gholston got ripped into by Mike Westhoff on the sidelines. Apparently he either missed his assignment or had the wrong technique. Either way, you could see Westhoff was really pissed. Gholston took the yelling, and seemed to nod in response. That seemed to piss off Westhoff even more, because Westhoff wouldn't calm down and kept yelling at him. .......Great pick Tangini!

I don't think he is going to the pro-bowl this year or winning rookie of the year. But he is decent player who has contributed since day one. He is doing outstanding in comparison to Gholston.

Yeah, it's ridiculous labeling a player 'average' just like it's ridiculous to label a player a bust after 8-9 weeks.

As of now though - Mayo >>> Gholston

I predict that VGhol will be the next Drob.

Vrabel worked out with this guy in the off season. If NE thought he would be the next Lawrence Taylor they would have made the moves to get him.

So to be good he needs to be 'The next Lawrence Taylor'?

I think he could still turn out to be a decent player, maybe even very good if he can get his head around what it takes to be a 3-4 OLB and learn some better pass rsuhing mover. I don't think the physical element is his downfall, which was the case with D-Rob in the 3-4.

So to be good he needs to be 'The next Lawrence Taylor'?

I think he could still turn out to be a decent player, maybe even very good if he can get his head around what it takes to be a 3-4 OLB and learn some better pass rsuhing mover. I don't think the physical element is his downfall, which was the case with D-Rob in the 3-4.

He was billed as the next Monster LB. Thats why he was drafted so high.

VGhol never played in the 3 - 4, so who knows of he will ever get it.

Can I also point out, Jamaal Anderson was labelled a bust by many Falcon Fans last season. He had A LOT more playing time than Gholston last year, starting 16 games and recorded a grand total of 0 sacks. This is his second season and his pass rushing has really improved, he has two sacks in the last two weeks and really showing signs of coming on.

He was billed as the next Monster LB. Thats why he was drafted so high.

VGhol never played in the 3 - 4, so who knows of he will ever get it.

He was billed as a 'monster' but everyone knew that he could take time to adapt. He wouldn't be the first DE to struggle with the transition to OLB.

Yeah this is turning out to be a huge bust.

I know people keep saying you have to give him time, but we are going into game number 8, week 9 and we have yet to see him.

Bust.

Not really defending him but come on. Look who coaches this team.

This staff is the same group of degenerates that keeps 4 QB's with 2 RB's for the first 4 games. Rarely give Leon the ball, pass against horrible run defenses, run against horrible pass defenses, consistantly call shot gun on 3rd and short or on the goal line, and were happy with D-rob for the first 2 years of a 34 defense.

The CS sucks, until schotty, sutton and mangini are gone, then we can have a look at gholston...until then? I'll just assume Gholston should be playing and Mangini forgot that he actually received two first round picks this year.

Calvin Pace was a bust after his first season too and he's a certefied beast in 2008.

Pace is an excellent example of the flaws in the "He needs time to develop" argument.

If Gholston develops the way Pace did, the Jets will get one decent season for what? 42 million? Ouch.

In today's NFL top 10 players have to start producing some time in their first year, or they are a bust to the team that drafted them.

Who gives a crap if Gholston is a stud for whoever he signs his next contract with. I'd like to get some bang for the bucks. What's worrying me about this kid is, he isn't getting any heat on the passer even when he has his hand in the dirt, and is just supposed to tee off.

He's worrying me

Mario Williams was a bust after his first year too

Yes... Yes he was.

We shall see with Gholston. Obviously no one can be happy about him right now, but it's unfair to compare him to Mayo.

Gholston needs to learn the position, he needs to mature, and he has all the physical ability.

He is not a workout warrior, as he performed all through college, unlike D-Rob... I'm willing to give him until early in the season next year before I start making judgements.

I'd love him to be out there making an impact right now, but the early projections of him being great were wishful thinking at best.

I honestly believe it will come, and if/when it does, he'll be a real problem for other teams.

Yes... Yes he was.

We shall see with Gholston. Obviously no one can be happy about him right now, but it's unfair to compare him to Mayo.

Gholston needs to learn the position, he needs to mature, and he has all the physical ability.

He is not a workout warrior, as he performed all through college, unlike D-Rob... I'm willing to give him until early in the season next year before I start making judgements.

I'd love him to be out there making an impact right now, but the early projections of him being great were wishful thinking at best.

I honestly believe it will come, and if/when it does, he'll be a real problem for other teams.

Bravo EY.

Archived