Can we please stop this BS once and for all - JI and JN

Bergen Jet

Soo anyway....I haven't had much of a chance to really post at both places as of late, but I did make myself conspicuously absent at JI for awhile...thinking I wouldn't go back...

...then thinking again, well, that's just retarded.

I support Bergen, Kleck's, EY and JB to come here, and Im glad I decided to come by as well. Honestly I dont know why I never joined up sooner...maybe the stress of keeping post counts high in post places, LOL....

Some folks have issues with other people on each site for whatever reason, and that's fine by me, but I really don't. I'll still post over there to keep tabs on some of my internetz friendz...

But to be honest, feature-wise, usability, perks, etc...this site wins, hands down.

All for the hefty sum of 0.00

:headbang:

Gee... Thanks fish.. :(

;)

Not to mention two of my favorite threads over there (funny pic thread, random though thread) were stricken by some sort of internetz-gremlin and are now unusable.

Coincidence, maybe? Who knows.

But I can't start a funny pic thread over there again, it will have to be here, I think... in due time... :headbang:

Not to mention two of my favorite threads over there (funny pic thread, random though thread) were stricken by some sort of internetz-gremlin and are now unusable.

But I can't start a funny pic thread over there again, it will have to be here, I think... in due time... :headbang:

Fish, come on, start the thread soon here. That way you cement yer internet legendz on 2 messageboards instead of just 1...

And so it comes to fruition. The Interwebz Prophecy is near its completion. The first incarnation of the funny pic and random thought thread were made in order to teach us the written word of Teh Fishooked. When these were slain by the unholy ones they thought they were quelling the written word of Teh Fishooked, but instead they have given way to the re-birth of the written gospel which will be stronger, faster and indeed, more LOL worthy. The time of the dawn is upon us oh brothers! Through thine yonder clouds the light of a more promising and funny thread that we have awaited the return of. Some may be naysayers now, but when they lay their eyes on the written gospel... they will become true belivers, of Teh Fishooked.

But to be honest, feature-wise, usability, perks, etc...this site wins, hands down.

All for the hefty sum of 0.00

:headbang:

That can't be true. We're cheapimitation.com.

Since the day we opened our doors, JetNation has been the best site on the internetz. Max has shed countless gallons of blood, sweat, tears and bacon grease to make it so.

For the record I left due to honestly 90% the political board. Just annoyed the crap out of me. Yea yea, I could "ignore it" but it was always up on the main page. The other 10% was mainly Sooths snootiness and the way certain posters get away with murder there. Anyways, I enjoy JN better, feels more cozy here. There are certain guys over there I wish were over here but it is what it is. Lots of people I like over there that I respect.

For someone who hasn't been at JI not a year yet, you sure know a lot about what's going on.

By the way, I have to say, because I just picked up on this. It's pretty funny that a lot of the guys that left started some of the same regular threads we had over there. It's reminiscint of the Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria landing and and everyone just getting out to set up shop in San Salvador.

Indeed.

I've already killed 3 of the natives and ravaged their wives.

I post everywhere. problem solved. this is interesting though:

jetsinsider.com+jetnation.com+theganggreen.com_vel_09122008.png

Very interesting.

What stuck out to me when it happened was like 50-60 people from JI moving here. 50-60 people that post daily, and socially is like hitting Lotto for a forum. Usually there are a handful of new quality posters a year from my time at JI. So while there should be some normalization I def expect this sites numbers to stay veryy high.

Ive never really visited GGI...how is it? Btw why the name change--I did love the name Vader although it didnt represent your personality. Hows the blog doing?

Seriously Bergen I hold you in the highest regard but what the heck does "MOST normal people" mean in this context?

It means (IMO) that most people really wish no part of this drama. It is a vocal minority that seems to thrive on it.

Either way there are good people at both sites and there really is no reason to continue this message board war.

It means (IMO) that most people really wish no part of this drama. It is a vocal minority that seems to thrive on it.

Either way there are good people at both sites and there really is no reason to continue this message board war.

Ahh... Well I think most people are titilated by this whole eposide to some degree or other and that they will each of them, decide when boredom overtakes titilation. My sense is that we are closer than we were to market capitulation on the boredom thing but until that point, any calls asking "can't we all just get along?" are likely to be as successful in this case as they ever are at any other time.

That can't be true. We're cheapimitation.com.

Since the day we opened our doors, JetNation has been the best site on the internetz. Max has shed countless gallons of blood, sweat, tears and bacon grease to make it so.

We're the better site and it's not even close. I think that's what has their panties in a bunch.

I agree with the premise of this thread. I would like to add that there truly is no border war, there never has been.

There are two forces doing battle here and there is little that we can do to stop it. Hopefully someday there will be a clear winner and we can all move on. Until then we will just watch the fight between sooth's ego and the rest of the world and chuckle.

I agree with the premise of this thread. I would like to add that there truly is no border war, there never has been.

There are two forces doing battle here and there is little that we can do to stop it. Hopefully someday there will be a clear winner and we can all move on. Until then we will just watch the fight between sooth's ego and the rest of the world and chuckle.

For What It's Worth:

It's not a border war. It isn't a fight between Sooth's ego and the rest of the world. It's the generation gap. bitonti likes to say that progressivism always wins out over conservatism in the end because time only moves in one direction. Whether this is true with respect to political ideology is off limits here and in any event beside the point because it's certainly true as it pertains to biology. It must seem retarded to hear, because it certainly feels retarded to say, but at the most basic level this whole thing is simply the product of Ham's resentment at the fact that one day he will be dead and Yellin will still be standing.

Very interesting.

What stuck out to me when it happened was like 50-60 people from JI moving here. 50-60 people that post daily, and socially is like hitting Lotto for a forum. Usually there are a handful of new quality posters a year from my time at JI. So while there should be some normalization I def expect this sites numbers to stay veryy high.

Ive never really visited GGI...how is it? Btw why the name change--I did love the name Vader although it didnt represent your personality. Hows the blog doing?

yeah the data for October when it comes out will be a gold mine as a case study for those interested in this type of thing.

Remember this is just velocity data , or daily growth or loss.

TGG is really good as well, they always have very good TC reports, and some very good posters also.

They're all good sites. JI's real advantage was scale. Just the size of the board.

Also I registered here as gnamnito blackbird, I didn't change the name. Perhaps I will change it.

I like Puddin' Foot.

Edited by gnamnito blackbird

yeah the data for October when it comes out will be a gold mine as a case study for those interested in this type of thing.

Remember this is just velocity data , or daily growth or loss.

TGG is really good as well, they always have very good TC reports, and some very good posters also.

They're all good sites. JI's real advantage was scale. Just the size of the board.

Also I registered here as gnamnito blackbird, I didn't change the name. Perhaps I will change it.

I like Puddin' Foot.

TGG < JI < steaming pile of manure

For What It's Worth:

bitonti likes to say that progressivism always wins out over conservatism in the end because time only moves in one direction.

I know we can't talk about it, but ... WTF???

I guess the key words are "likes to say". And I like to say jessica alba would be crazy about me if she would just give me a chance. ;)

I know we can't talk about it, but ... WTF???

I guess the key words are "likes to say". And I like to say jessica alba would be crazy about me if she would just give me a chance. ;)

The bit paraphrase just seemed to me to be a good way of explaining the concept of inevitability in a sentence. I'm just lazy, dude. Why write what I can just as easily steal?

Very interesting.

I agree with this completely. It is really message board gold to get that many posters all at once, a very rare event. Your lotto analogy is a good one.

And although we are outposting them now I do think it may go back to the way it was, but the gap will be closer. ji always had more posts and even though we have been outposting them that probably won't continue.

Why?

The sheer # of members on each site 12,000 vs 4,000 along with the years each has been around (I think it is 10 years for ji and 3 years for JN).

Also there are things we won't do. Certain users have been banned from here because we felt there was not much being added, despite them posting a lot. We won't allow a political forum because it lines Jets fans up on opposite sides. So we don't allow it.

We want a community of Jets fans. The post counts, that is secondary. We have always been about quality over quantity and we won't lose focus of that goal.

Also there are things we won't do. Certain users have been banned from here because we felt there was not much being added, despite them posting a lot. We won't allow a political forum because it lines Jets fans up on opposite sides. So we don't allow it.

We want a community of Jets fans. The post counts, that is secondary. We have always been about quality over quantity and we won't lose focus of that goal.

So...why am i still here? :confused:

I agree with this completely. It is really message board gold to get that many posters all at once, a very rare event. Your lotto analogy is a good one.

And although we are outposting them now I do think it may go back to the way it was, but the gap will be closer. ji always had more posts and even though we have been outposting them that probably won't continue.

Why?

The sheer # of members on each site 12,000 vs 4,000 along with the years each has been around (I think it is 10 years for ji and 3 years for JN).

Somebody saw this morning's post reports. Neck and neck we are..

For What It's Worth:

It's not a border war. It isn't a fight between Sooth's ego and the rest of the world. It's the generation gap. bitonti likes to say that progressivism always wins out over conservatism in the end because time only moves in one direction. Whether this is true with respect to political ideology is off limits here and in any event beside the point because it's certainly true as it pertains to biology. It must seem retarded to hear, because it certainly feels retarded to say, but at the most basic level this whole thing is simply the product of Ham's resentment at the fact that one day he will be dead and Yellin will still be standing.

Huh?

Um....

Well... OK.

victory_vi.jpg

The site stuff is silly. I have been as guilty of it as anyone because it is fun. But the Jets are the real point here, that is what we are all on these sites for.

I will check out the Leon piece. Definitely like when there are #s to back stuff like that up, I am an old baseball stat freak.

Gameplans are a concern, halftime adjustments are a bigger concern of mine.

I agree.

However, halftime adjustments would not be such a big deal if we went in with a good game plan in the first place!

Dunno what you find difficult to believe about generational resentment driving people's decisions, e.g., shmocial shmecurity.

I don't find it difficult to believe.

I simply wasn't expecting that as your explanation.

I was confused, but then I decided to roll with it, ultimately claiming: VICTORY!!!!!!!

Though, if I agreed to meet Ham in whatever dark alley he had planned, perhaps I would be dead now, and he'd be the victor.