Can we please stop this BS once and for all - JI and JN

Bergen Jet

Very interesting.

What stuck out to me when it happened was like 50-60 people from JI moving here. 50-60 people that post daily, and socially is like hitting Lotto for a forum. Usually there are a handful of new quality posters a year from my time at JI. So while there should be some normalization I def expect this sites numbers to stay veryy high.

Ive never really visited GGI...how is it? Btw why the name change--I did love the name Vader although it didnt represent your personality. Hows the blog doing?

That's what it's like to hit lotto? I thought I would feel different.

Somebody saw this morning's post reports. Neck and neck we are..

Said in a yoda voice?

Don't do that to me. Thanks to Panzer I already hear all of JetMan's posts in the voice of Duff Man.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't find it difficult to believe.

I simply wasn't expecting that as your explanation.

I was confused, but then I decided to roll with it, ultimately claiming: VICTORY!!!!!!!

Though, if I agreed to meet Ham in whatever dark alley he had planned, perhaps I would be dead now, and he'd be the victor.

He would've bolded you and alternate colored you as well as smilied you:yes: to death. Young Turk.

I agree.

However, halftime adjustments would not be such a big deal if we went in with a good game plan in the first place!

Can you remember clearly when Mangini made halftime adjustments since he been here?I can't remember when I seen them use a gameplan in the first half and it didn't work so they did something different in the second half.

I agree with this completely. It is really message board gold to get that many posters all at once, a very rare event. Your lotto analogy is a good one.

And although we are outposting them now I do think it may go back to the way it was, but the gap will be closer. ji always had more posts and even though we have been outposting them that probably won't continue.

Why?

The sheer # of members on each site 12,000 vs 4,000 along with the years each has been around (I think it is 10 years for ji and 3 years for JN).

Also there are things we won't do. Certain users have been banned from here because we felt there was not much being added, despite them posting a lot. We won't allow a political forum because it lines Jets fans up on opposite sides. So we don't allow it.

We want a community of Jets fans. The post counts, that is secondary. We have always been about quality over quantity and we won't lose focus of that goal.

I'm only concerned about post/member ratio. And we're still winning that battle

http://www.big-boards.com/kw/new-york-jets/ratio/

I don't find it difficult to believe.

I simply wasn't expecting that as your explanation.

I was confused, but then I decided to roll with it, ultimately claiming: VICTORY!!!!!!!

Though, if I agreed to meet Ham in whatever dark alley he had planned, perhaps I would be dead now, and he'd be the victor.

Which only lends more credence to the professors theories ..

thanks..

Did Ham lose it or something? I used to enjoy reading his posts.

I havent posted on JI in forever...this fight seems so 2005.

Same here. Ham used to be one of my favorite posters over there. Now he sounds like the beginning of Caligua's reign as Emperor vs the later years.

Same here. Ham used to be one of my favorite posters over there. Now he sounds like the beginning of Caligua's reign as Emperor vs the later years.

Make that 3 Maynard. Ham's post on football were great, lots of insite. Now it sounds like he's turned into some kind of rageing lunatic.

i still like hammer.... he always is a good read

he does know his sh1t ... though he may have let it get to his head a bit

"Mike Williams will be a shoe-in for the HOF"

"Matt Jones will make an immediate impact in the NFL and will be an annual Pro-Bowler for years to come".

"The Pig is Ripe for Slaughter"

What happened to that guy pope who used to post at JI?

I don't know. a lot of people changed their names over there. it's hard to keep up.

Pyper hates JI now. he got banned for nothing and said he will never return. we get the best of both worlds with him, a Patriots/Mets fan. :smilies2_puke:

"Matt Jones will make an immediate impact in the NFL and will be an annual Pro-Bowler for years to come".

The Pig is ripe for slaughter is all time classic!!!!!

BTW i won a JN T-shirt from Tom Shane on a bet that matt jones would score a certain amount of TD passes....still waiting for shirt.

Jones has ton of athletic ability and still could be a viable WR.

Mike Williams fooled many of us, including me.

you forgot ABC

always be closing..haha

hammer help me out here

The Pig is ripe for slaughter is all time classic!!!!!

BTW i won a JN T-shirt from Tom Shane on a bet that matt jones would score a certain amount of TD passes....still waiting for shirt.

Jones has ton of athletic ability and still could be a viable WR.

Mike Williams fooled many of us, including me.

you forgot ABC

always be closing..haha

hammer help me out here

Another good one was after the Jets beat the Phins in the opener, Hammer had the Jets at #4 in his Power rankings.

Hammer's a good man, but his mood swings are legendary.

Another good one was after the Jets beat the Phins in the opener, Hammer had the Jets at #4 in his Power rankings.

Hammer's a good man, but his mood swings are legendary.

he's passionate I'll give him that. not sure what went down exactly but I always liked hammer. I have seen posters change though.take jetman for instance. he pretty much done a world tour of change since his turkey leg days

You missed the one where he said the Jets were going to the Super Bowl this year, maybe after the Az game... :rolleyes:

Although Matt Jones did have a nice game last week...except dropping that last pass in the end zone...

I don't know. a lot of people changed their names over there. it's hard to keep up.

Pyper hates JI now. he got banned for nothing and said he will never return. we get the best of both worlds with him, a Patriots/Mets fan. :smilies2_puke:

Pyper got banned by Buzz just before I became a mod during the Spygate Purge when Chowds were getting banned left and right and Shasta was starting new accounts on an hourly basis.

I can't honestly say Pyper didn't deserve a banning but it shouldn't have been permanent.

Archived