Is this unethical?

Jetsfan1015

Im 7-1 and am pretty much guaranteed the #1 seed. looking at the up coming schedule I think it is going to come down to 2 teams for the final playoff spot. One of those teams has a pretty solid team and would be much more difficult than the other team. I just happen to play the less talented team the final week of the regular season. Would it be unethical of me to not play alot of my starters so the easier team wins and makes it to the playoffs to face me again? Yes money is on the line and its between friends. Thoughts?

It's fantasy football, but even in real football teams will play their backups and claim they're not trying to lose that game even when they are. I know New England and the Steelers backups still find ways to win though when they've tried that.

I'm actually hoping to lockup the 2nd seed in one of my leagues and then just sit all my players out that final week. Just because I think it's funny. Don't forget to make a post on your league board that you are resting your players so they're healthy for the playoffs.

Also it doesn't really matter. Fantasy football is hella random. Just because you think a team is more talented doesn't mean anything, any given week anybody can go off and screw the matchups and everything else all to hell. I say this even though in 3 of my leagues I'm either first or second and I'm undefeated in 2 of them.

Im 7-1 and am pretty much guaranteed the #1 seed. looking at the up coming schedule I think it is going to come down to 2 teams for the final playoff spot. One of those teams has a pretty solid team and would be much more difficult than the other team. I just happen to play the less talented team the final week of the regular season. Would it be unethical of me to not play alot of my starters so the easier team wins and makes it to the playoffs to face me again? Yes money is on the line and its between friends. Thoughts?

if you were in my league I would think you're a piece of crap for doing that. Intentionally throwing games is not a cool thing to do.

But, do whatever you want but be aware of the consequences that come from it.

I would do it and have done it. they will get over any bad feelings. It's part of the game. I wouldn't hesistate.:Nuts:

not unethical. I would do it.

You earn the right to decide whether to play your starters or not.

I'm actually hoping to lockup the 2nd seed in one of my leagues and then just sit all my players out that final week. Just because I think it's funny. Don't forget to make a post on your league board that you are resting your players so they're healthy for the playoffs.

Making that post is the best part of the strategy. :lol:

I wouldn't do it. It is bad form.

Even if you explain your reasons you and the person whom you let in will likely be accused of collusion. Resulting in you possibly destroying two friendships -- you and the person you hurt plus the person you hurt and the person you help.

I assume you intend to play with the same folks next year. If you do this expect revenge. Next year a lopsided trade specifically to hurt you. Or refusal to make fair trades with you.

Karma can be a bitch. You will be quite the fool, if you do this and then the week it would have mattered the guy you let in beats you and the guy you knocked out has an awesome week.

It is stupid crap like this that destroys friendships and leagues.

I wouldn't do it. It is bad form.

Even if you explain your reasons you and the person whom you let in will likely be accused of collusion. Resulting in you possibly destroying two friendships -- you and the person you hurt plus the person you hurt and the person you help.

I assume you intend to play with the same folks next year. If you do this expect revenge. Next year a lopsided trade specifically to hurt you. Or refusal to make fair trades with you.

Karma can be a bitch. You will be quite the fool, if you do this and then the week it would have mattered the guy you let in beats you and the guy you knocked out has an awesome week.

It is stupid crap like this that destroys friendships and leagues.

Who knew that a Cheatriots fan would be so big on ethics?

Archived