What's with husbands killing their wives?

MrsTaborJet

In all seriousness, WTF is wrong with people. How is murder even an option, how can it even cross a person's mind as a way out of a bad situation. Unreal.

Husband Held in Death of NY Teacher as Body ID'd

Husband is accused of murder after body of wife, New York teacher, is found near highway

By FRANK ELTMAN

The Associated Press

NORTH HILLS, N.Y.

Police arrested a man on suspicion of murder Wednesday after the body of his wife, a special education teacher, was found near a highway on New York's Long Island two days after she failed to show up for work.

Leah Walsh, 29, was reported missing Monday, and her abandoned car was found that day with a flat tire on another highway 13 miles from where her body was found.

William Walsh made several tearful public pleas to help find his missing wife, but police said they arrested him after the identity of the body was confirmed Wednesday evening.

Nassau County Police spokesman Sgt. Anthony Repalone offered no details of how or why Leah Walsh was killed, saying a news conference would be held Thursday.

William Walsh, 29, was expected to be arraigned on the murder charge that day. He was in police custody Wednesday night, and it wasn't immediately known if he had a lawyer.

Before the discovery of the body he spoke to reporters outside the couple's Bethpage home and appealed for information about his wife's whereabouts.

"I miss her more than anything," he said, noting her dedication as a teacher. "She loves her children. She wouldn't just leave them. Something had to have happened."

Detectives interviewed the husband on Tuesday, but police said at the time it was a routine part of the investigation.

The couple have been married for three years and have no children, police said. Leah Walsh's parents declined to speak to reporters.

Leah Walsh worked with autistic children at a school in Glen Cove. Police believe she usually left home for work between 6:15 a.m. and 6:30 a.m.

At about 6:30 a.m. Monday, a state Department of Transportation vehicle left a sticker on the side window of her car indicating it had mechanical problems. The doors were locked, and the woman was nowhere in sight.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Copyright

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She had it comin'.

She probably got a little too lippy. What's a guy to do?

it would be helpful if you guys added the winky smilie afterwards so we know that you are kidding.. i am sure you are.. but believe it or not.. there are sickos out there that would say that stuff and mean it. I know speaking jsut for myself.. (not the whole website.. ;) ) I need to jet to know your senses of humor.

thank you for your understanding.. unless of course you mean it and then you are sickos.

:lol:

it would be helpful if you guys added the winky smilie afterwards so we know that you are kidding.. i am sure you are.. but believe it or not.. there are sickos out there that would say that stuff and mean it. I know speaking jsut for myself.. (not the whole website.. ;) ) I need to jet to know your senses of humor.

thank you for your understanding.. unless of course you mean it and then you are sickos.

:evilgrin0037:

All due respect Mrs TJ did you expect serious responses to this -- I of course will refrain as too not upset the female posters -- but the bottom line this is a 2 way street -- remember Pamela Smart

Of course not! First, I'm not upset... second, I never expect sincere responses from men on JN, unless they're posting in the hot chicks thread and then it's all business. ;)

I'm just bringing to light a local story and yes.... maybe "accused" at this point, but ABC news reported he wrote a 7-page confession. They fought, she died, he took her car to the side of the highway, let the air out of her tires to make it appear there was a flat, then dumped her naked body in the woods. Nice huh? :disgust:

Thankfully they had no children that would have to live the rest of their lives with this horror. Just her family has to live with it, only three years ago standing at the alter supporting this union.

Just sick that's all.

Continue on... you men are hilarious.

Of course not! First, I'm not upset... second, I never expect sincere responses from men on JN, unless they're posting in the hot chicks thread and then it's all business. ;)

I'm just bringing to light a local story and yes.... maybe "accused" at this point, but ABC news reported he wrote a 7-page confession. They fought, she died, he took her car to the side of the highway, let the air out of her tires to make it appear there was a flat, then dumped her naked body in the woods. Nice huh? :disgust:

Thankfully they had no children that would have to live the rest of their lives with this horror. Just her family has to live with it, only three years ago standing at the alter supporting this union.

Just sick that's all.

Continue on... you men are hilarious.

My wife was telling me yesterday that the husband said she sent him a text message about the flat tire... weakest alibi attempt ever.

She probably nagged the hell out of him.

the fact that your wife hasnt done physical damage to you is just amazing. :lol: i still think you must have her drugged and chained to a radiator in order to keep her around.

:D

Been meaning to tell you this, Bumbelina: in your attempt to erase your old hag image - you are blinding people with the most horribly lame and pathetic avatars on the planet. I'm waiting for Hello Kitty....I suspect that is next? Wait - maybe Gumby? How about a basket of puppies at the bottom of a rainbow being cared for by a pretty white unicorn?

sarcasm.png

Been meaning to tell you this, Bumbelina: in your attempt to erase your old hag image - you are blinding people with the most horribly lame and pathetic avatars on the planet. I'm waiting for Hello Kitty....I suspect that is next? Wait - maybe Gumby? How about a basket of puppies at the bottom of a rainbow being cared for by the pretty white unicorn?

Oooooo those sound good :P i'll put them on the list. heh! lame and pathetic?? i thought they represent my sweetness. :D

i was ready to change anyway.. heh!

the fact that your wife hasnt done physical damage to you is just amazing. :lol: i still think you must have her drugged and chained to a radiator in order to keep her around.

The fact is, his wife hasn't done anything physical to him in years...why do you think he takes out his frustrations on a Jets message board!

Good Grief girl . You change your avatar so much I never know when it's you.

Its a very sick world we live in today.Anyone with kids knows the worries a parent has each passing day.And to think he left her dead naked body on the side of the road.Id like 2 minutes in a room with this guy.The tax payers would be spared an expense.

But I'm sure he's innocent. He didnt mean to kill her. They should let him off with a slap on the wrist and a promise to never do it again. Oh wait... he's white so he's going to rot in jail forever.

Archived