Sorry for the downtime

Maxman

The web host told us they were going to physically move our server to a new and improved part of their data center. What actually happened was MUCH more involved than that. They changed everything about the server including IP addresses. We had to even recreate \ copy some things.

Short story = sorry for the downtime. Some people won't be able to get here right away until the DNS changes take place for them.

http://72.232.207.235/forums/ that should work for everyone in the meantime.

Thanks.

The web host told us they were going to physically move our server to a new and improved part of their data center. What actually happened was MUCH more involved than that. They changed everything about the server including IP addresses. We had to even recreate \ copy some things.

Short story = sorry for the downtime. Some people won't be able to get here right away until the DNS changes take place for them.

http://72.232.207.235/forums/ that should work for everyone in the meantime.

Thanks.

They changed IP addys without any warning? When did IHop get into the server hosting business? I think we were sabotaged.

They changed IP addys without any warning? When did IHop get into the server hosting business? I think we were sabotaged.

They sent a notice out a few weeks ago saying we have to move. This is a new server (few months). They don't offer any night (off hours). I get a note this week saying it has to be done by the end of the month or else the server wouldn't be available.

The IP address change was a nice feature as well.

They sent a notice out a few weeks ago saying we have to move. This is a new server (few months). They don't offer any night (off hours). I get a note this week saying it has to be done by the end of the month or else the server wouldn't be available.

The IP address change was a nice feature as well.

They should never be allowed to change your IP addresses like that. Sometimes global DNS changes can take 2 days to propagate (though these days it seems to be MUCH quicker). I would see if I could get them to throw you a few months free hosting for this blunder...

Check your rep for my inner most thoughts.

Just spent all day working on this after the host screwed us over. Thanks so much for your appreciation. We realize you pay a lot for this stuff so we will get right on your wish list.

Self centered kids. :roll: He for got to add "chop chop" :)

They should never be allowed to change your IP addresses like that. Sometimes global DNS changes can take 2 days to propagate (though these days it seems to be MUCH quicker). I would see if I could get them to throw you a few months free hosting for this blunder...

Amen. This type of **** is a real pain in the ass to deal with. :D

Yes there are definitely going to be some people that don't propagate. I put the IP link on our twitter page. Hopefully some people check there:

http://twitter.com/jetnation

(Note: Just realized that we seem to be missing some smilies. YEAH. Will work on that tomorrow I guess).

Check your rep for my inner most thoughts.

Just spent all day working on this after the host screwed us over. Thanks so much for your appreciation. We realize you pay a lot for this stuff so we will get right on your wish list.

my 59 bucks goes to waste! :(

Thanks Max - I know everything you're doing is to give us a better site. Appreciate all that you and others do:cheers:

Thank Beans today. I will take the thanks every other day, lol.

But since there is only 1 minute left in today -- he gets the credit, i'll take tomorrow.

Man when I saw the server move I was going to ask about an IP change too..

Hey, thanks for everything Max, sounds like a rough day. My boss in particularly wants to offer a sincere thanks for the downtime :D

Yeah those hosed us good. Pisses me off but nothing I can really do about it at this point.

There are a bunch of issues, hope to have them all fixed soon.

Yeah those hosed us good. Pisses me off but nothing I can really do about it at this point.

There are a bunch of issues, hope to have them all fixed soon.

Haven't been on the network side for awhile, but how long does it take for DNS changes to make it's way around the internet these days? Hope it's not too long. I know for me, I checked last night after midnight and got nothing, even first thing this morning..

It's a shame cause if the hosts had told you, you could have circulated it prior..

Haven't been on the network side for awhile, but how long does it take for DNS changes to make it's way around the internet these days? Hope it's not too long. I know for me, I checked last night after midnight and got nothing, even first thing this morning..

It's a shame cause if the hosts had told you, you could have circulated it prior..

The same 24 - 48 hour rule still applies. But in many cases now it happens in as little as 15 minutes. It isn't as bad as it used to be.

Typically we would setup a redirect from the old ip to the new one for anyone that has the old DNS settings. The host refused to do that for us (still won't) which only serves as a source of additional frustration.

The same 24 - 48 hour rule still applies. But in many cases now it happens in as little as 15 minutes. It isn't as bad as it used to be.

Typically we would setup a redirect from the old ip to the new one for anyone that has the old DNS settings. The host refused to do that for us (still won't) which only serves as a source of additional frustration.

Well they're lucky your a nice guy, I'd be burning up their phones demanding reimbursement if I were you ;)

Dear Max,

Thank you for letting my Daddy come trick-or-treating with me today by removing his Internetz distractions.

Sincerely,

Buzz Lightyear (aka JohnnyHector's kid)

hahahaha..

My wife actually asked me late afternoon why I wasn't on the computer, I gotta say I enjoyed telling her that it was because I wanted to spend time with her.. :D

Dear Max,

Thank you for letting my Daddy come trick-or-treating with me today by removing his Internetz distractions.

Sincerely,

Buzz Lightyear (aka JohnnyHector's kid)

:rl:

That is good.

Hey you might want to rent a movie with him tonight. There are still plenty of things wrong after they hosed us. You might have some free time again really soon unfortunately.

:smilies2_puke:

Archived