So we dont have a 1st rounder this year?

TNJet

Because of Favre right?? So when will our first pick happen rnd 2? Just curious...:confused:

I think you only lose your 1st round pick if the Jets make the Super Bowl. If the Jets make the playoffs I think they lose a 2nd round pick.

The Jets currently owe a 2009 4th rounder for Brett Favre.

If Brett plays in 50% of the offensive snaps this year that pick escalates to a 3rd round pick. The mid-way snap figures to be somewhere in the next two games as the jets have run 432 plays this year, average 62 plays a game, and last year ran just over 1,000 offensive snaps.

If Brett plays in 70% of the offensive snaps AND the Jets make the playoffs; we owe a 2nd round pick.

If Brett plays in 80% of the offensive snaps AND the Jets make the SB; we owe a 1st round pick.

With the language of the deal, we can actually make the playoffs and/or Super Bowl without Brett taking another snap all season... (say, he quits right before the Bills game) and only owe the Packers the initial 4th round pick we agreed upon.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?...mp;confirm=true

In the highly unlikely even that the Jets lose the first round pick b/c of the Favre trade that would mean the Jets first opportunity to pick would be either #63 or #64.

If the Jets lose their next two games, do you bench Brett for the rest of the season to keep the 3rd pick?

Not to keep the 3rd pick, at least officially, but to move on. Favre was a 1 year rental, if we can't make the playoffs then there is no point, and we need to see what KC or Ratty can do. Sure it's a great incidental benefit that we get a better draft pick out of it, but you don't make that move just for that.

It doesn't matter though, our coaches are stupid. Not only do they not have the guts to pull that off, they also would just ruin whatever QB did come in. I am convinced this cursed franchise could get a HoF QB and make him looks like crap. Oh wait, we already do that now. Well, regardless, we would make Drew Brees look like crap too if we suddenly got him.

You guys put WAY WAY WAY too much value on draft picks.

You continue to play the best players at the position, regardless of record or anything. Clemens is not a starting NFL QB.. so he doesn't play unless #4 is injured.

Sometimes I think our FO is so stupid. We should have had a clause like NO had when we traded Vilma. If Favre does NOT resign GB only gets a 4th. The way it is we pay a pretty high price for basically renting Favre for one year.

Problem: Do you really think anyone will have a clue if Favre will play next year on draft day. April? You will be lucky if anyone knows in July.

Sometimes I think our FO is so stupid. We should have had a clause like NO had when we traded Vilma. If Favre does NOT resign GB only gets a 4th. The way it is we pay a pretty high price for basically renting Favre for one year.

Especially since Tampa Bay in the same conference as GB only offered a 4th rounder. Favre was all about the PSL

Problem: Do you really think anyone will have a clue if Favre will play next year on draft day. April? You will be lucky if anyone knows in July.

either way it won't affect the way we draft. I also think our cs new the ? going into the deal about favre playin yr 2

Here is how the Favre trade works out:

3rd round pick = No playoffs

2nd round pick = Playoffs; no Super Bowl

1st round pick = Must make Super Bowl

That's only partially right, 124.

3rd round pick= No playoffs and Favre playing in 50% of offensive snaps

2nd round pick = Playoffs and Favre playing in 70% of offensive snaps

1st round pick = Super Bowl and Favre playing in 80% of offensive snaps

notice the bolded words. ;-)

That's only partially right, 124.

3rd round pick= No playoffs and Favre playing in 50% of offensive snaps

2nd round pick = Playoffs and Favre playing in 70% of offensive snaps

1st round pick = Super Bowl and Favre playing in 80% of offensive snaps

notice the bolded words. ;-)

If you have any doubt that Favre will be playing, I think you need to get your head checked. Was not worth the extra typing. We couldn't get to the playoffs or Super Bowl without him this year anyway and after today, thats 50% of the games.

Archived