Can This Team Win A Big Game?

Big Boy

I know every game is important, but we all know this Bills game is huge. It seems this team falls flat every time a big game is at hand.

This Jets team as we all know has a ton of talent and are capable of winning this game.

Let's ****ing go already!!

this team has a better chance of winning a big game than vs a weaker opponent

because mangina has the leadership abilities of a toad, this team plays to the level of its competition

I expect them to play well tomorrow

I know every game is important, but we all know this Bills game is huge. It seems this team falls flat every time a big game is at hand.

This Jets team as we all know has a ton of talent and are capable of winning this game.

Let's ****ing go already!!

They struggled against the Bengals, Raiders, Cardinals, Chiefs...

I agree, they have talent and are capable of winning, but going into Buffalo after the Bills lost to Miami is going to be a tough tow to row.

They need to pull their collective head out of their collective ass.

I can already hear a million fans screaming for Cowher by week 10

Why shouldn't we? Cowher is a very good coach, much better than this tool who probably won't win more than 8 or 9 games with talent that could win 12 or 13 games.

Why shouldn't we? Cowher is a very good coach, much better than this tool who probably won't win more than 8 or 9 games with talent that could win 12 or 13 games.

not saying we shouldn't ... I just see it happening sooner and sooner as Mangini and co fail to get results out of proven talent

because mangina has the leadership abilities of a toad, this team plays to the level of its competition

what he said ^.

I think beating the Bills makes us a different team all together.

If we win in Buffalo, the swagger we bring home should give get us past St. Louis.

In the meantime the Pats have a difficult game against Indy, followed by the Bills... but their Bills will include a healthy McGee, Reed and Schobel; a completely different Bills team than the one we play.

Four days later the Jets play the beaten-up Pats on a thursday night game. Due to health and circumstance, and the swagger of a 3-game winning streak, I think our team can prevail... which is good, because then we get 10-days to prep for the best team in the NFL: the Tenessee Titans.

With ten days to form a gameplan we have the better odds of pulling out the upset. If we can beat the Titans, I don't think there's a team left on the schedule we couldn't beat.

What I'm saying is... beat the Bills, and we will win out.

Lose to the Bills, and the rest of the season is a crap shoot.

This team can't fill and 80,000 seat stadium. Who are these million fans?

Fans around the country and globe which are shown on these types of internet message boards and this just in, its a bit of breaking news, in all NFL stadiums there are empty seats on gamedays, not all have as much as the Jets, but there are plenty. Fans just get tickets sometimes and don't go whether it be they just don't feel like it (weak), weather or whatever. Jets empty seats stick out more because its a green & white team playing in a stadium with primarily red seats.

I keep hearing people say this, and I am not high on Mangini in the slightest, in fact, I think he sucks....but this is just false.

We havent played anyone worth a ****, and when we have, we have lost.

So how exactly do we play down to our opponents? We just suck, there is a difference.

I keep hearing people say this, and I am not high on Mangini in the slightest, in fact, I think he sucks....but this is just false.

We havent played anyone worth a ****, and when we have, we have lost.

So how exactly do we play down to our opponents? We just suck, there is a difference.

pace diasgrees with you

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/jets/Old-timer_day.html

"Not to discredit anybody," linebacker Calvin Pace said, referring to the Chiefs, "but it shouldn't have come down to that last drive. ... Sometimes it feels like we go out there and we play to the [level of the] people we're playing against."

pace diasgrees with you

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/jets/Old-timer_day.html

"Not to discredit anybody," linebacker Calvin Pace said, referring to the Chiefs, "but it shouldn't have come down to that last drive. ... Sometimes it feels like we go out there and we play to the [level of the] people we're playing against."

I disagree with Pace. We got smoked by NE, we got smoked by SD. These are teams that are better than us, we didnt play to their level.

I think we just suck, therefore, ****ty teams are tough games and its not a matter of playing down.

I disagree with Pace. We got smoked by NE, we got smoked by SD. These are teams that are better than us, we didnt play to their level.

I think we just suck, therefore, ****ty teams are tough games and its not a matter of playing down.

"playing to the level of your competition" isn't a strictly a W/L thing, it's the overall quality of play

it doesn't mean you are undefeated vs good teams and winless against bad teams

what I see with my own eyes against teams with a poor national reputation, losing history and a bad record is a jets team that comes out flat with no emotion

what I see with my own eyes against a team with a good reputation, winning history and a good record is a jets team that comes out fired up a ready to go

doesn't guarantee a win, it's the overall quality of play

"playing to the level of your competition" isn't a strictly a W/L thing, it's the overall quality of play

it doesn't mean you are undefeated vs good teams and winless against bad teams

what I see with my own eyes against teams with a poor national reputation, losing history and a bad record is a jets team that comes out flat with no emotion

what I see with my own eyes against a team with a good reputation, winning history and a good record is a jets team that comes out fired up a ready to go

doesn't guarantee a win, it's the overall quality of play

Then what did you see when we played against SD and NE? We looked like doodoo.

If you are playing to the level of your competition then you make games like that close and down to the wire, which we did not do. Also, we havent played great yet, so how do you know we are "playing down". What I see with my own eyes is an average team that plays like an average team every Sunday and once on Mondy.

Then what did you see when we played against SD and NE? We looked like doodoo.

If you are playing to the level of your competition then you make games like that close and down to the wire, which we did not do. Also, we havent played great yet, so how do you know we are "playing down". What I see with my own eyes is an average team that plays like an average team every Sunday and once on Mondy.

average ?

no back pedaling, you posted they suck

they played up to the bills

watch next week when they play down to the rams

Archived