Where the games will be televised..(Week 9)

Jets Babe

I'll be doing this every week on the Saturday before the games....

If your game is not being televised, you can watch the game right here:

http://www.justin.tv/nyr1994

It's a little laggy, but still decent.

Anyways, here is the map for CBS this week:

1pm games

RED = Jets @ Bills

GREEN = Texans @ Vikings

ORANGE = Ravens @ Browns

YELLOW = Jaguars @ Bengals

4 pm games

BLUE = Dolphins @ Broncos

Picture1-5.png

source: the 506

post-4089-12804639873343_thumb.jpg

sucks. but yeah..

looks like our jets are the big game this sunday...

too bad i can't watch it. :(

I guess you don't get a 1PM CBS game?

I could never understand why the networks would rather show a Billy mays infomercial on Sunday at 1, rather than show a game? It just makes no sense to me.

I guess you don't get a 1PM CBS game?

I could never understand why the networks would rather show a Billy mays infomercial on Sunday at 1, rather than show a game? It just makes no sense to me.

This is a good summary of why that stuff happens.

Who decides what games get shown in my area?

The networks, with some guidance from the NFL. The league sets "primary markets" and "secondary markets" for most teams, and those markets are required to show all road games involving the "local" team. Primary markets are required to air home games too, unless they don't sell out. The "primary market" is the market in which the team is physically located (i.e. Boston for the Patriots). The "secondary markets" are adjoining markets assigned at the discretion of the league (again using the Patriots example, Providence). Secondary markets are not required to air home games, and if there's another team nearby, they don't. Not all markets are designated by one team or another as a secondary market (in fact, most aren't), usually only the ones closest to the stadium -- the ones that would be blacked out if not a sellout. Other markets can air one team

"The rule does not specifically apply if the local team is on the road, but that's on the doubleheader network, the singleheader network usually airs a game in the opposite timeslot. This is usually how those Raiders-Texans duds end up on the air in Cleveland."

I guess this is the part that applies to South Florida this Sunday. Thanks for the info.

Thanks for posting this JetsBabe. I look for this info every week. We used to have a guy post it here every week for us but i think he has one too many tailgate parties in him lately. Forgot his handle, was 2 letters.... BD, maybe? Dude also posts alot of pics here for some reason too. ;)

Thanks for posting this JetsBabe. I look for this info every week. We used to have a guy post it here every week for us but i think he has one too many tailgate parties in him lately. Forgot his handle, was 2 letters.... BD, maybe? Dude also posts alot of pics here for some reason too. ;)

hey leave BP alone cant u see he is old

Archived