Did Anyone Notice?

Magnus Malax

1)No holding penalties today? I think the only OL penalty was an illegal man downfield on Moore in the fourth quarter. The OL needs some credit although I'd like to have seen a little more time for Favre.

2)The hit Jenkins put on Jackson the play after he was called for encroachment?

3)The placement of Reggie Hodges on those snaps that were high?

4)Bowens look totally lost on the two big plays on the first drive? Did they bench him for Gholston for a few plays?

1)No holding penalties today? I think the only OL penalty was an illegal man downfield on Moore in the fourth quarter. The OL needs some credit although I'd like to have seen a little more time for Favre.

4)Bowens look totally lost on the two big plays on the first drive? Did they bench him for Gholston for a few plays?

As the last FG that iced the game, I texted Lawngnome and said anything less than an A- for the special teams on the report card and you'd be nuts. Hodges did an EXCELLENT job hauling in high snaps. Plus the heads up Leon play when he had his foot out of bounds.

As the last FG that iced the game, I texted Lawngnome and said anything less than an A- for the special teams on the report card and you'd be nuts. Hodges did an EXCELLENT job hauling in high snaps. Plus the heads up Leon play when he had his foot out of bounds.

Agreed. I have always felt that if you get three big plays from Leon in a game, things are looking good. I used to think that they needed to give him more touches and TJ fewer ones but I think that it's always going to have to be a balance.

Gholston played some, but I'm pretty sure it was OLB. For all the bitching about Harris in coverage the biggest loss without him was the coverage. You could see Bowens looking for somebody to cover after the first drive. Even later in the game he seemed like he was not dropping deep enough on some plays and picking up the wrong guy on occasion. He also got called for a defensive holding when he pulled the TEs arm on the cut.

I think they benched Bowens for Spencer in the prevent (last drive). The guy only converted from DE to OLB two years ago and ILB/OLB this year. That's a pretty big swap to expect. Can't be that easy to teach an old dog new tricks.

Agreed the OL deserves much credit in this game. That last drive was a great job by them. Also, even though there were a couple pressures overall Favre had good time and they allowed no sacks.

Jenkins seemed to play really pissed off after that penalty... maybe we need someone to piss him off early in games from now on...

Gholston played some, but I'm pretty sure it was OLB. For all the bitching about Harris in coverage the biggest loss without him was the coverage. You could see Bowens looking for somebody to cover after the first drive. Even later in the game he seemed like he was not dropping deep enough on some plays and picking up the wrong guy on occasion. He also got called for a defensive holding when he pulled the TEs arm on the cut.

I think they benched Bowens for Spencer in the prevent (last drive). The guy only converted from DE to OLB two years ago and ILB/OLB this year. That's a pretty big swap to expect. Can't be that easy to teach an old dog new tricks.

I don't remember seeing much of Gholston but I noticed him in on a nice run stuff early in the game lol.

I don't remember seeing much of Gholston but I noticed him in on a nice run stuff early in the game lol.

Besides having his jock dropped on the special teams play, I noticed him on one play where, again, he's not going to record a tackle but he controlled the point of attack. I didn't notice him doing much otherwise.

Besides having his jock dropped on the special teams play, I noticed him on one play where, again, he's not going to record a tackle but he controlled the point of attack. I didn't notice him doing much otherwise.

Yea I think we're talking about the same play. That was about it though.

Archived