How great was that 4th Quarter drive ?

Larz

I watched the game at my brother-in-laws house, a huge bills fan. at the beginning of this drive he was getting really annoying, talking about favre choking and the same old jets

this felt pretty damn good I have to say :Nuts:

New York Jets at 10:53, (1st play from scrimmage 10:47)

1st and 10 at NYJ 22(10:47) T.Jones right guard to NYJ 25 for 3 yards (D.Whitner, K.Ellison).

2nd and 7 at NYJ 25(10:08) B.Favre pass short middle to T.Jones to NYJ 29 for 4 yards (P.Posluszny). Caught at NYJ 29.

3rd and 3 at NYJ 29(9:26) (Shotgun) B.Favre pass short middle to J.Cotchery to NYJ 35 for 6 yards (T.McGee). Caught at NYJ 33, crossing from left.

1st and 10 at NYJ 35(8:51) B.Favre pass short left to D.Keller to NYJ 39 for 4 yards (P.Posluszny). Caught in flat at NYJ 39.

2nd and 6 at NYJ 39(8:19) (Shotgun) B.Smith left end to NYJ 44 for 5 yards (B.Scott). Reverse, handoff from L.Washington.

3rd and 1 at NYJ 44(7:33) B.Favre pass short right to T.Jones to NYJ 45 for 1 yard (J.Greer). Outlet pass, caught at NYJ 44.

1st and 10 at NYJ 45(6:49) T.Jones up the middle to 50 for 5 yards (R.Denney). PENALTY on BUF, Defensive 12 On-field, 5 yards, enforced at NYJ 45 - No Play.

1st and 5 at 50(6:19) B.Favre pass incomplete short right to T.Jones. Thrown away, pressure on QB: M.Stroud. PENALTY on NYJ-B.Moore, Ineligible Downfield Pass, 5 yards, enforced at 50 - No Play.

1st and 10 at NYJ 45(6:13) T.Jones right guard to BUF 32 for 23 yards (Sp.Johnson).

1st and 10 at BUF 32(5:28) T.Jones left tackle to BUF 25 for 7 yards (K.Mitchell).

2nd and 3 at BUF 25(4:43) B.Favre pass short middle to L.Washington to BUF 23 for 2 yards (K.Mitchell) [K.Williams]. Caught at BUF 23.

3rd and 1 at BUF 23(3:57) T.Richardson up the middle to BUF 20 for 3 yards (C.Kelsay).

1st and 10 at BUF 20(3:16) T.Jones up the middle to BUF 18 for 2 yards (B.Scott). Timeout #2 by BUF at 03:10.

2nd and 8 at BUF 18(3:10) L.Washington left tackle to BUF 13 for 5 yards (P.Posluszny, K.Mitchell). Timeout #3 by BUF at 03:02.

3rd and 3 at BUF 13(3:02) L.Washington right guard to BUF 13 for no gain (M.Stroud, K.Ellison). Timeout #2 by NYJ at 02:16.

4th and 3 at BUF 13(2:16) J.Feely 31 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-J.Dearth, Holder-R.Hodges.

DRIVE TOTALS: 14 plays, 65 yards, 1 penalty, 8:41 drive

DRIVE TOTALS: 14 plays, 65 yards, 1 penalty, 8:41 drive

Good post.

That's the kind of drive that good teams put together to close out games, and something we all as Jet fans know we've struggled with. It was great to run down the clock on them and make them really work for the comeback... Making them need the onside kick was huge...

And of course, Revis made sure it didn't get that far.

Good teams can take ~9 min off the clock when they need to... was great that they delivered this time.

Good post.

That's the kind of drive that good teams put together to close out games, and something we all as Jet fans know we've struggled with. It was great to run down the clock on them and make them really work for the comeback... Making them need the onside kick was huge...

Good teams can take ~9 min off the clock when they need to... was great that they delivered this time.

I've said it so many times yelling from my sofa "Come on you fags, get a long 8:00 minute drive here!!!"

For once they delivered.

I've said it so many times yelling from my sofa "Come on you fags, get a long 8:00 minute drive here!!!"

For once they delivered.

On my couch, I yelled, 'Alright, let's take 5 minutes off the clock here.'

Brett Favre then proceeded to throw a pick 6. :cussing:

Good post.

Yup. Did anyone hear the announcer mention something about this today? I think he said the Jets lead the league in 5+ minute drives but I can't remember for sure.

If so, that's pretty big..

Yup. Did anyone hear the announcer mention something about this today? I think he said the Jets lead the league in 5+ minute drives but I can't remember for sure.

They did say that.

We added 2 more drives that were long today.

That one which was 8:41, and the one to end the 1st half (missed fg), that was a 7 mins + drive

Yeah, I remember hearing that as well... and being shocked to be honest with you, thinking it must be wrong.

Archived