* AFC Standings Update * : MERGED

madmike1

Obviously the Pitt game on Monday will effect this and I will be sure to update with a loss for them Monday night. :lol:

I will try and update this weekly, or if a mod wants to edit it obviously feel free.

East

Patriots / 5-2 - Leads Division Currently

JETS / 5-3 - Wildcard

Bills / 5-3

Dolphins / 4-4

North

Steelers / 5-2 - Leads Division Currently

Ravens / 5-3 - Wildcard

Browns / 3-5

Bengals / 1-8

South

Titans / 8-0 - Leads Division Currently

Colts / 3-4

Texans / 3-5

Jaguars / 3-5

West

Broncos / 4-4 - Leads Division Currently

Chargers / 3-5

Raiders / 2-6

Cheifs / 1-7

Damn that Raiders game.

But way to bounce back, so I would be happy with a 3 way tie! Plus we have the Rams and the Bills\Pats play next week right?

We were talking about that at the tailgate today. It was there for the taking and we let it slip away.

I'm still pissed about our NE and OAK loses.

We loss the NE game fair and square. Oakland was another story. We HAD the game. Never should have been any doubt that we win. Play calling in OT and if that idiot Chris Baker stays on his friggin feet we win.

AFCE Divisional Games:

Jets 2-1

Dolphins 2-1

Pats 1-1

Bills 0-2

We win the remaining three divisional games, two of which are at home, and we take this thing.

Be careful.. Miami has an advantage here as they really don't have a tough game on their schedule besides division games:

NOV. 9 SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 1:00 P.M. FOX

NOV. 16 OAKLAND RAIDERS 1:00 P.M.# CBS

NOV. 23 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 1:00 P.M.# CBS

Nov. 30 at St. Louis Rams 1:00 p.m.# CBS

Dec. 7 at Buffalo Bills (Toronto) 4:05 p.m.# CBS

DEC. 14 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS 1:00 P.M.# FOX

Dec. 21 at Kansas City Chiefs 1:00 p.m.# CBS

Dec. 28 at New York Jets

If they beat who they should, they have a real good chance of winning the division..

Be careful.. Miami has an advantage here as they really don't have a tough game on their schedule besides division games:

NOV. 9 SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 1:00 P.M. FOX

NOV. 16 OAKLAND RAIDERS 1:00 P.M.# CBS

NOV. 23 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 1:00 P.M.# CBS

Nov. 30 at St. Louis Rams 1:00 p.m.# CBS

Dec. 7 at Buffalo Bills (Toronto) 4:05 p.m.# CBS

DEC. 14 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS 1:00 P.M.# FOX

Dec. 21 at Kansas City Chiefs 1:00 p.m.# CBS

Dec. 28 at New York Jets

If they beat who they should, they have a real good chance of winning the division..

They still have to win one more than we do and two of their remaining divisional games are on the road, including us.

I'll make a prediction right now that the Dolphins lose all of their remaining divisional games. So even if they win the rest, not likely as they will lose at least one game they should win, the best they can do is 9-7. That will not be good enough. I think we go 6-2 the rest of the way with our only losses being Tennessee and Seattle.

Jets have a lot going for them, and as long as they can get it together and finally have some real consistency with their offense, they should pull it out.

Tonight's game against the Colts should be the beginning of the end for the Patriot season. I don't see them having much more effectiveness than they did tonight. My thinking is they win 2 or 3 more games at best.

Miami should also fall short leaving the division to the Jets and Buffalo.

With a win over Buffalo already, the Jets have a leg up.

As long as the Jets wind 5 more games, they should win the division, 4 wins should get them a wildcard.

I think they can pull five wins against these teams; The Rams, The Patriots, Titans, Broncos, 49ers, Bills, Seattle, and Miami.

Seattle could be the clinching game for them....

What the Jets can't have is another Oakland game, which to me means losing to either the Rams, Pats, 49ers, or Seahawks. These four games should be locks.

That means beat any one of the remaining teams and they have the division.

Things get interesting if the Jets can pull 2 wins from either the Titans, Broncos, Bills and Miami.

Then you start looking at their record against the rest of the AFC.

I know rooting for the Jets is a roller-coaster ride, one week fans hate them the next they are putting them in the super-bowl.

I seriously think though, with the way the Jet defense has been playing and if you can get just a small improvement in the offense the Jets can make some noise not only in the AFC east, but in the overall AFC picture.

Here is how I see it,

Rams - loss

Pats - win

Titans - loss

Broncos - win

49ers - win

Bills - win

Seahawks - win

Dolphins - win

makes the Jets 11-5 which should make them the two or three seed

They still have to win one more than we do and two of their remaining divisional games are on the road, including us.

I'll make a prediction right now that the Dolphins lose all of their remaining divisional games. So even if they win the rest, not likely as they will lose at least one game they should win, the best they can do is 9-7. That will not be good enough. I think we go 6-2 the rest of the way with our only losses being Tennessee and Seattle.

I hope you're right...

Miami is scaring me..

Wouldn't that be a kick in the nuts to beat out the Pats for the dicvision only to lose to the Dolphins who we helped improve.. :bag:

Atleast Chad will be consistent in his killing Jets chances at the division title..

<snip>

Here is how I see it,

Rams - loss

Pats - win

Titans - loss

Broncos - win

49ers - win

Bills - win

Seahawks - win

Dolphins - win

makes the Jets 11-5 which should make them the two or three seed

Piney, why lose to Rams?

Piney, why lose to Rams?

I am giving the Jets one game where they lose that they should win...I also think the Rams are a dangerous bad team unlike the 49ers or Seahawks.

Rams are 2-2 in their last four, losing the last two.. I just smell a loss...

Better for the Jets if they win, then my predictions make them a 12 win team.

I am giving the Jets one game where they lose that they should win...I also think the Rams are a dangerous bad team unlike the 49ers or Seahawks.

Rams are 2-2 in their last four, losing the last two.. I just smell a loss...

Better for the Jets if they win, then my predictions make them a 12 win team.

Ok, gut feeling type of thing and going up against a team with it's season on the line..

I also don't like the way it's sandwhiched in between Bills and NE road games. Feels like a trap game..

Where do you see the phins falling off?

You were a real friggin' downer this week.

Hit the showers punk. :Nuts:

It's what I do.

Seriously, I used to be as big a homer as ANYONE on this site. I decided that look wasn't working for me and went big time pessimist instead. So far, it's been working.

See, It's all for the greater good.

:yes:

Ok, gut feeling type of thing and going up against a team with it's season on the line..

I also don't like the way it's sandwhiched in between Bills and NE road games. Feels like a trap game..

Where do you see the phins falling off?

Dolphins are dangerous due to the schedule they have...not too many tough road games...although..again..I think they lose to the Jets and Pats and Bills (just figure on a split with them) which kills their division record.

Figure maybe one more loss which could be Rams on the road....(man, I must have a secret crush on the Rams).

If the Dolphins can beat the Patriots, then they could make some serious thunder in the division.

They are probably the most underrated team in the AFC, hell, even I underrate them.

Archived