* AFC Standings Update * : MERGED

madmike1

When's the last time we had a share of the lead this late in the season?

I know 2002 we tied em up in the last week, but I think 1998 was the last time we were really in the mix after 8 games..

We were 6-2 in '04 but the Pats were something like 7-1 or 8-0. It's still fair to say we were 'in the mix' but not to the extent we are this season IMO.

All you have to do against the Rams is bring pressure. Put Revis on Avery one on one and just double cover Holt. Then bring pressure. Bulger will throw a stupid INT or just fumble the ball. Their line can't protect. Of course, if we rush 3 they'll probably stuff it, since pretty much every O-line in the league will stuff a 3 man rush. Bring 5 and we get there though. So who wants to bet that we rush 3 all game long and let Bulger pick us apart, which he will do if you give him the time (and every NFL QB will actually, they're in this league for a reason).

We should have Harris back, although I don't even know if at this point I want him, especially if he isn't going to even be used to rush the passer. Pace and Harris should be coming every single play imo.

Be careful.. Miami has an advantage here as they really don't have a tough game on their schedule besides division games:

NOV. 9 SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 1:00 P.M. FOX

NOV. 16 OAKLAND RAIDERS 1:00 P.M.# CBS

NOV. 23 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 1:00 P.M.# CBS

Nov. 30 at St. Louis Rams 1:00 p.m.# CBS

Dec. 7 at Buffalo Bills (Toronto) 4:05 p.m.# CBS

DEC. 14 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS 1:00 P.M.# FOX

Dec. 21 at Kansas City Chiefs 1:00 p.m.# CBS

Dec. 28 at New York Jets

If they beat who they should, they have a real good chance of winning the division..

IMO there is no team the Dolphins should beat. They are playing better than many of those teams, but it's not like they are light years better.

All you have to do against the Rams is bring pressure. Put Revis on Avery one on one and just double cover Holt. Then bring pressure. Bulger will throw a stupid INT or just fumble the ball. Their line can't protect. Of course, if we rush 3 they'll probably stuff it, since pretty much every O-line in the league will stuff a 3 man rush. Bring 5 and we get there though. So who wants to bet that we rush 3 all game long and let Bulger pick us apart, which he will do if you give him the time (and every NFL QB will actually, they're in this league for a reason).

We should have Harris back, although I don't even know if at this point I want him, especially if he isn't going to even be used to rush the passer. Pace and Harris should be coming every single play imo.

30 yards rushing, 5 sacks, a forced fumble inside the 10 and an inteception for a TD and you are still going to bad mouth the coaching staff? Teams can't run on them. Take Jackson out of the game and they'll do fine. Big plays on D don't come from playing one great scheme all day. They come from mixing it up and taking the O off guard.

If we lose to the Rams, the coaching staff and players should be shot.

That is a MUST win heading into the New England game. We SHOULD beat them well, then again I said that before the Cincy, Oakland and KC games too.

Don't forget the game after we go into New England.

Be careful.. Miami has an advantage here as they really don't have a tough game on their schedule besides division games:

Dec. 28 at New York Jets

If they beat who they should, they have a real good chance of winning the division..

I wrote about that on my site last week. Miami far and away has the easiest road to the finish line and also happens to be the most consistent team in the AFC East. They have yet to lay down in a game they should have won and have put beatdowns on some teams where it should have been close. Their only stumbling blocks along the way could be the three divisional games where right now they would be favored against NE, and slight dogs to the Bills and Jets.

I thought it was the division record that breaks the tie

Actually what breaks a three way tie in a division is head to head among the three teams.

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

5. Strength of victory.

6. Strength of schedule.

7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

9. Best net points in common games.

10. Best net points in all games.

11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

Patriots are 1-0 100%

Jets 1-1 50%

Bills 0-1 0%

However, I share the opinion that at this point the ranking of Pats, Jets, Bills is irrelevant. The teams are tied. And with the fish only one game back and having a 2-1 division record the division is wide open.

Harris should be coming every single play? From the middle?

The middle of the field seems to be wide open enough as it is against the Jets defense. 29 sacks so far I think that is the total. They are doing alright.

Dec. 28 at New York Jets

How about being careful of the teams they have to face?

Seattle & Oakland, yeah they should win those games and get to 6-4 but then they could easily fall to 6-7.

New England is going to come for blood and you bet your arse they are ready for the Wildcat in every which way. St.Louis in St.Louis is going to be tough, they are a much better home team and Buffalo, albeit in Toronto, will be a tough game for them as well.

They also are not beating the Jets.

I say 8-8 for Miami. L's definite to the Jets & Patriots and they'll f up two other times, at least, along the way (I'm putting my $ on St.louis & Buffalo, maybe Oakland).

1. New England (5-3)

2. Jets (5-3)

3. Bills (5-3)

4. Miami (4-4)

That is how the division looks right now via tiebreakers (head-to-head).

But what is important for further down the road is that right now the Jets have a better division & conference record than NE & BUFF.

Archived