Help Jets Babe with Managerial Accounting homework!!!

Jets Babe

OK, so I have a take home test due at 6pm. I'm stumped and I suck. And I realize that. Please help me.

1. Train tickets : $80 per passenger

Variable costs: $20 per passenger

Fixed expenses are $42,000 per month.

Contribution margin ratio is 75%/

What is the breakeven point in sales dollars?

a. 84000

b. 42000

c. 56000

d. 168000

I'll be posting more. :(

Thanks in advance.

OK, so I have a take home test due at 6pm. I'm stumped and I suck. And I realize that. Please help me.

1. Train tickets : $80 per passenger

Variable costs: $20 per passenger

Fixed expenses are $42,000 per month.

Contribution margin ratio is 75%/

What is the breakeven point in sales dollars?

a. 84000

b. 42000

c. 56000

d. 168000

I'll be posting more. :(

Thanks in advance.

Here's a hint. This isn't managerial accounting. It's algebra. The CMR just repeats what you already know about price and unit cost. 80T-20T=42000.

I remember taking Managerial Accounting in College. That class sucked.

We spent the entire time making fun of our teacher who could hardly speak English and would constantly butcher a wide variety of common phrases and sayings.

So to summarize, I learned nothing.

Good luck.

you know what it is...i seriously just have no interest in this class. i'm a marketing major and it's a required class because i'm in the business college. financial accounting killed me, and this is too.

you know what it is...i seriously just have no interest in this class. i'm a marketing major and it's a required class because i'm in the business college. financial accounting killed me, and this is too.

marry a rich guy and you will have no worries

Alright, next question..

Price: $80 per unit

Varible Costs: $12 per unit

Fixed Costs: $58,000 per month

In the past month, 1,053 units were sold. It's operating leverage factor was 5.26. If their volume decreases by 7.5%, by what percent will its operating income decrease?

A. 7.5%

B. 39.5%

C. 26.9%

D. 1.0%

That's the bitch about college. Only such a small percentage of your classes are really what you care about. As an IS major, it seemed ridiculous to be taking classes in Financial/Managerial Accounting, Corporate Finance, Marketing, International Business, etc.

But I'll tell you what, even if you don't pick up everything from those classes, you will be surprised that there is a benefit in going through all of that. No matter what job you have, you're nearly guaranteed to have to have some sort of financial aspect that you'll have to deal with at some points. Everything in business comes down to dollars and cents in the end.

Most of the people I work with don't have the same experience in those kind of things because they didn't get degrees in their business school like I did and while I never felt like I did real well in the accounting classes and the like, I'm always surprised when I realize how much more of an understanding I have of these things then other people and also, how much easier it is for me to pick up new, similarly related ideas. Sure it sucks, but there is actually a benefit. Plus, employers are always looking for the most diverse candidates possible, so that never hurts either.

Alright, next question..

In the past month, 1,053 units were sold. It's operating leverage factor was 5.26. If their volume decreases by 7.5%, by what percent will its operating income decrease?

A. 7.5%

B. 39.5%

C. 26.9%

D. 1.0%

help!!

Alright, next question..

A. 7.5%

B. 39.5%

C. 26.9%

D. 1.0%

Nice try, kid.

Next question:

A company has budgeted variable costs of $105 for each unit and fixed costs of $8,000 per month.

Static budget predicted production and sales of 100 units, but the company only produced and sold 74 at a total cost of $21,000.

The total flexible budget cost for 74 units per month is:

A. $8,105

B. $15,770

C. $7,770

D. $10,500

Archived