Kohls stores.

JETSFAN5180

They are sold stuff at basement prices because it's last years merchandise, and excess stuff that wasn't sold to the department stores.

Also, you can find some quality stuff there, but the majority of it is crap.

There is an unnecessary extreme in menswear, but on the average consumer level, you absolutely get what you pay for.

And to answer the original question, they stay in business because today's consumer is not nearly as concerned with price as they are with sales. In fact, most people get off on the idea that they are saving something. Kohls, like many others, take advantage of this by listing something for a price they never intend to sell it for, and giving you the illusion that you're saving 50%, when in reality, you're paying exactly what they'd initially intended.

They are sold stuff at basement prices because it's last years merchandise, and excess stuff that wasn't sold to the department stores.

There is an unnecessary extreme in menswear, but on the average consumer level, you absolutely get what you pay for.

And to answer the original question, they stay in business because today's consumer is not nearly as concerned with price as they are with sales. In fact, most people get off on the idea that they are saving something. Kohls, like many others, take advantage of this by listing something for a price they never intend to sell it for, and giving you the illusion that you're saving 50%, when in reality, you're paying exactly what they'd initially intended.

If your a suit and tie kinda person - which I am not than I would not shop there - but I wear polo shirts with jeans or slacks at work so Kohls is up my alley - also I am incredibly cheap when it comes to buying clothes -- unfortunatly my wife isnt

Most of the stuff they get they own for about 20-40% of retail...

So if they sell it for $10, they own it for $2-$4...

So to give you 50% off and then take an additional % off of the discounted price (not the original) they at the very least are breaking even.

Isn't this a little contradictory? It's cheap because it's last year's merchandise, but it's all crap? It's crap at Kohl's, but it wasn't crap at Macy's last season?

Been there one time and that was just because they sell Tony Hawk gear and my kid idolizes him. I looked around while I was there and wasn't overly impressed with the prices. They're getting ready to open a brand new store here so I'll have to check it out again.

If your a suit and tie kinda person - which I am not than I would not shop there - but I wear polo shirts with jeans or slacks at work so Kohls is up my alley - also I am incredibly cheap when it comes to buying clothes -- unfortunatly my wife isnt

Well, that's it. If you're cheap when it comes to clothes, it's fine. But there is absolutely a difference between the 'Polo' shirts you're buying at Kohls and the actual shirts made by Polo that I get. The quality is completely different and so is the material.

Isn't this a little contradictory? It's cheap because it's last year's merchandise, but it's all crap? It's crap at Kohl's, but it wasn't crap at Macy's last season?

Not everything is last years merchandise. And that stuff is the better stuff they carry. But it's often the lower end cuts of those lines as well. Companies like Dockers make way to much volume so you'll find things there...

You're not, however, going to find anything new or any of the higher end quality merchandise the manufacturers cut.

I'm not saying that everything there is crap, but if you were really shopping for quality, Kohls isn't the place to look.

Not everything is last years merchandise. And that stuff is the better stuff they carry. But it's often the lower end cuts of those lines as well. Companies like Dockers make way to much volume so you'll find things there...

You're not, however, going to find anything new or any of the higher end quality merchandise the manufacturers cut.

I'm not saying that everything there is crap, but if you were really shopping for quality, Kohls isn't the place to look.

I bought some high quality flip flops there. Two whole seasons as shower shoes!

The sales are to get you into the store. You may be smart enough to not buy anything else, but getting you in the store to buy what is on sale is a big thing. They'll run the risk at selling you something at what they get it for, so long as theres shmoes buying the other things that aren't on sale.

**** 450$ jackets, plane tickets to FL are cheaper then that.

My friend was doing promotions for Bombay Saphire where they teamed with a designer (don't remember who)... but I went to the event and tried on a $2,300 coat. It was awesome. But, global warming and all, I really couldn't justify that.

My friend was doing promotions for Bombay Saphire where they teamed with a designer (don't remember who)... but I went to the event and tried on a $2,300 coat. It was awesome. But, global warming and all, I really couldn't justify that.

HAHAHAHA

Archived