Peavy would approve trade to Yankees, not to Boston

MagicBizkit87

I promise that is untrue. With there being so many Yankee fans around here, patting themselves on the back, I feel the need to take you down a couple of notches. It's tough to be jealous of a third place team that didn't make the playoffs, don't you think?

And I love you too.

:rl:

Does he only go 5-6 innings because he runs out of gas or because he's pulled for a pinch hitter?

No, he is a 7 inning pitcher. He averages 6.5 innings over the last 4 years. He also led the league in Ks twice and was 2nd once... something a 5 inning pitcher would have no fricken shot of doing.

What makes you think Carlos Gomez is all that much better then Melky Cabrera? Gomez does have an amazing .296 on base percentage, and Melky had a horrible year, and still probably had a better year then Gomez, and a better On Base Percentage, as well.

Philip Humber? Kevin Mulvey? Deolis Guerra? Get real, you guys raped them and thats all there is to it. If you think any of those players are worth something to the likes of Johan Santana, then you're just a paranoid Mets fan.

Mets fans get so offensive when they get told they guy Santana for crap. Why are you so offensive? You got Johan Santana, stop obsessing over the crappy players you gave the Twins.

Gomez is better than Melky Cabrera, not because Gomez is a superstar, but scouts agree he has the tools to be a very good player. Melky Cabrera has been a starter for roughly 3 years and has regressed each year. He is a nothing player right now, not because I said so, but because of what I've read from scouts and GMs in general. I never said, Mulvey, Guerra would be as good or better Santana, I don't know if they will amount to anything, no one knows. We'll know in 4-5 years. I highly doubt they'll be any where near Santana. Santana is the best in the game. You continually claim Hughes will be great, and you have nothing to back up with other than your own opinion. Hughes was awful when given a chance last season, and has been on and off in Winter Ball. Where do you get this info that the Twins are an idiot organization? Where does that come from. Why would the Padres trade Peavy for the package you suggested when there are reports that the Braves have offered a package that includes either Escobar or Jurrjens plus 2 other top prospects. You might not realize this but other teams are not in the business of screwing themselves over to make the Yankees better.

Gomez is better than Melky Cabrera, not because Gomez is a superstar, but scouts agree he has the tools to be a very good player. Melky Cabrera has been a starter for roughly 3 years and has regressed each year. He is a nothing player right now, not because I said so, but because of what I've read from scouts and GMs in general. I never said, Mulvey, Guerra would be as good or better Santana, I don't know if they will amount to anything, no one knows. We'll know in 4-5 years. I highly doubt they'll be any where near Santana. Santana is the best in the game. You continually claim Hughes will be great, and you have nothing to back up with other than your own opinion. Hughes was awful when given a chance last season, and has been on and off in Winter Ball. Where do you get this info that the Twins are an idiot organization? Where does that come from. Why would the Padres trade Peavy for the package you suggested when there are reports that the Braves have offered a package that includes either Escobar or Jurrjens plus 2 other top prospects. You might not realize this but other teams are not in the business of screwing themselves over to make the Yankees better.

Why would the Padres take that offer from the Yankees, well, because thats equal to what the Mets sent to the Twins.

Kennedy = Humber

Jackson > Gomez (talent wise)

Betances, and Melancon = Mulvey, Guerra

Everyone, I think would be equal, except for Jackson being head and shoulders better then Gomez talent wise.

Santana, I think is a better pitcher then Peavy, or hell it's quite even, so why is what the Mets offered for Santana enough, but what I said isn't enough for Peavy? Is it just because of jealousy? You don't want the Yankees to get better? I don't blame you then, because a lot of Mets fans feel that way.

Why would the Padres take that offer from the Yankees, well, because thats equal to what the Mets sent to the Twins.

Kennedy = Humber

Jackson > Gomez (talent wise)

Betances, and Melancon = Mulvey, Guerra

Everyone, I think would be equal, except for Jackson being head and shoulders better then Gomez talent wise.

Santana, I think is a better pitcher then Peavy, or hell it's quite even, so why is what the Mets offered for Santana enough, but what I said isn't enough for Peavy? Is it just because of jealousy? You don't want the Yankees to get better? I don't blame you then, because a lot of Mets fans feel that way.

You're making no sense, the two trades are separate entities. I just gave you a scenario in which the Braves are offering superior talent, and that is based on what baseball sources are saying. Why would the Padres not take a better deal? Just so they can help the Yankees and that the Twins took a deal that you perceive to be inferior. I don't think i speak for myself when I say some of your posts are beyond embarrassing. Yes, I understand the trading Peavy to a different league angle, but there is no way that the Padres take a deal that is on paper much inferior talent wise, just because they have to trade him to another league, or based on the your argument that the twins took the same talent.

Uh, when did the Twins turn down Hughes?

I'm not arguing that they don't run there organization right, but I don't recall them turning down Hughes.

This was according to Hank Steinbrenner. He went on record as saying that Hughes and the Melkman was the final offer for Santana. At that point, the Twins were still trying to play the Boston and the Yankees against each other and turned that down. The Twins might have gone back to the Yankees after Boston pulled out. That I am not certain, but I am certain that Hughes was on the table at some point last off season for Johan.

You're making no sense, the two trades are separate entities. I just gave you a scenario in which the Braves are offering superior talent, and that is based on what baseball sources are saying. Why would the Padres not take a better deal? Just so they can help the Yankees and that the Twins took a deal that you perceive to be inferior. I don't think i speak for myself when I say some of your posts are beyond embarrassing. Yes, I understand the trading Peavy to a different league angle, but there is no way that the Padres take a deal that is on paper much inferior talent wise, just because they have to trade him to another league, or based on the your argument that the twins took the same talent.

If there is no way the Padres take inferior talent, then why did the Minnesota Twins take the Mets offers over the Yankees, and Red Sox for Santana?

Obviously it's because they wanted him out of the American League, how the hell can't you see that?

This was according to Hank Steinbrenner. He went on record as saying that Hughes and the Melkman was the final offer for Santana. At that point, the Twins were still trying to play the Boston and the Yankees against each other and turned that down. The Twins might have gone back to the Yankees after Boston pulled out. That I am not certain, but I am certain that Hughes was on the table at some point last off season for Johan.

Cashman, and Hal were so against it having Hughes though, which is why Hank decided not to put Hughes in it.

If there is no way the Padres take inferior talent, then why did the Minnesota Twins take the Mets offers over the Yankees, and Red Sox for Santana?

Obviously it's because they wanted him out of the American League, how the hell can't you see that?

Listen, here is what happened, these are the facts before you start making assumptions and make things up as you go along. As it turned out, the best offer the Twins received was the package centered around Lester, they turned it down. The Yankees best offer was Hughes, Melkman, and another mid level prospects. The twins wanted Kennedy as well. The reason they turned it down was because they were trying to get the yankees and Sawx into a bidding war. As the post season went on, both teams dropped out of the bidding, and the Twins overplayed their hand. Fortunately for the Mets, they were pretty much the only team left that can give Santana the money he wanted. In reality, the Twins didn't trade Santana to the Mets because it was to get him out of the AL, it was because they really had no other options. It was either lose him at the end of the year, or get something in return. The package the Mets offered were not garbage, and I agree it was not fair value.

Its not a situation, where the Padres are trading, him to a division rival. They're trading him to another division. As far as I know the Braves and the Padres have no history.

Again, the offer as baseball sources have mentioned have the Braves, giving up far superior talent, to what you suggested. I can see if the talent is close, then you may have a valid argument, but it isn't. The Padres are not going to automatically shut off a whole league when engaging in trade talks. That would not be very good business. Whomever the GM is, if he operates like that will not be the GM much longer.

You think because the Twins, traded Santana to the Mets for less, you expect the Padres to do that too. That's the most ridiculous thing. The 2 trades are not contingent on each other. You sound like a petulant child when you use this kind of logic. It is like saying, "Bobby only got off with a slap on the hand for stealing from his parents, why can't I do the same thing?"

You conveniently forget that Peavy is not a free agent at the end of the year. He has 3 more years left on his deal, which makes him more attractive to teams.

I pray you understand these concepts, but I am not going to hold my breath.

You also mentioned in another post, that Hughes was never part of any package for Santana because Cashman and Hal were against it. If that were the case, how in the world is a package centering around Ian Kennedy, better than the Mets package. Despite having 3 good starts 2 years ago, most teams projected Kennedy to be at best a 3rd or 4th starter. The truth is, Hal and Cashman talked Hankenstein out of it, but the fact of the matter was, Hughes was on the table at one point.

Cashman, and Hal were so against it having Hughes though, which is why Hank decided not to put Hughes in it.

I do also remember seeing it reported that Hughs was included at one time in the Skanks offer to the Twins. Joba's name was not included but Hughs and Kennedy were.

Yankees not in the mix for Peavy

San Diego GM Kevin Towers spoke to a small group of writers on his way out of the St. Regis.

He said that the Jake Peavy trade talks have progressed to a point where the pitcher has been told he’s going to be traded, it’s just a matter of when a deal is struck.

“That train has left the station,” Towers said.

Towers also revealed that he is dealing with three teams, all in the National League. He mentioned the possibility of Peavy moving as part of a multi-team trade.

The Padres are known to be dealing with the Braves and Cubs. The third team could be the Cardinals or Astros. The Yankees are not in the mix.

“It’s been narrowed down for quite a while and there have been no additions,” Towers said.

Archived