Good ~VS~ Evil

Smizzy

We seem to live in a world where people don't care about anything but themselves. Where it is OK to hurt someone or be mean to a person with very little cause or justification. A place where if you are mad at someone you pull no punches and just say and do the worst things possible to hurt them and exact some revenge.

It seems as time goes on... there a fewer and fewer GOOD people left in the world and more and more cold,heartless individuals who only care for their own well being.

I wish I could be one of those people who is self centered , self absorbed , heartless and doesn't give a **** about anybody but myself. Unfortunately , I'm not.

So where do you fall? Are you a good or are you evil?

Ill say that I am pretty good.

I am one of the nicest people if you met me in real life.

I don cause any harm, I treat people the way they want to be treated....

Sometimes i wish I could be evil but its not me.

You have caused alot of harm.

In my pants.

We seem to live in a world where people don't care about anything but themselves. Where it is OK to hurt someone or be mean to a person with very little cause or justification. A place where if you are mad at someone you pull no punches and just say and do the worst things possible to hurt them and exact some revenge.

It seems as time goes on... there a fewer and fewer GOOD people left in the world and more and more cold,heartless individuals who only care for their own well being.

I wish I could be one of those people who is self centered , self absorbed , heartless and doesn't give a **** about anybody but myself. Unfortunately , I'm not.

So where do you fall? Are you a good or are you evil?

I have to blame it on our general rules of society and the whole concept or view of "get your own." Thing have always been that way, but there was a underlining aspect of treating everyone with dignity and/or respect. Thats slowly fading away and that just leaves the whole "do whats best for you, or makes you feel better, no matter what it costs the guy next to you." It sucks.

It's in man's biology to be selfish, because we are animals at the end of the day. Survival instinct. Beyond that, I can't say I'm impressed with how far we've come. Haha, we haven't 'advanced' since our brain cavity got bigger through a fluke. What has changed? Nothing, really. Technology is through the roof yet we still machete people in their beds. And I say 'we' because it's a universal indictment.

I believe in the war on terror as a theory, of course. So we're back to the only language that speaks. Liberty. GBA.

I let other people decide who I am--my own personal opinion would be a bit biased.

Oh, and can we define good and causing no harm? Because by performing deeds considered favorable to society, isn't that harming any beliefs held by outsiders of society?

I'm all for helping people and going this so-called "good", but the definition of what is good changes per person and, as a result, almost takes the meaning out of the word. By performing favorable acts toward one person, you're proving yourself detrimental to another. No way to truly be good, other than follow the strict principles laid out for you by your own personal moral philosophy, or societal religion.

*I'm really getting into this abstract stuff recently. As always, you can ignore whatever you want. Just thinking out loud, based on recent reads mostly. :)

It's in man's biology to be selfish, because we are animals at the end of the day. Survival instinct. Beyond that, I can't say I'm impressed with how far we've come. Haha, we haven't 'advanced' since our brain cavity got bigger through a fluke. What has changed? Nothing, really. Technology is through the roof yet we still machete people in their beds. And I say 'we' because it's a universal indictment.

I believe in the war on terror as a theory, of course. So we're back to the only language that speaks. Liberty. GBA.

Our increased brain capacity is a fluke, but a prehensile tail or a species color adapting to their location is "evolution"?

I'm not nice. I have a terrible temper, I'm arrogant, and I never try to curb any of it. I often feel duped into thinking that I should, but I hate being manipulated by my own conscience over nothing.

I would throw myself in the path of a bullet to save a stranger. Without thinking. That makes all things reconciled in my mind. Because I know it's true. Better yet, I don't believe in the promise of an eternal reward. My arrogance ends at the Stop Sign. Bunch of commoners believe they'll live on and meet God and all that, even I'm not THAT arrogant. Hehe.

Last week I was told that I was going to have to layoff a member of my staff. I told the top two ranking people in my company to fire me instead.

In my head that makes me a good person. But apparently I am alone in that thinking. Everyone I talk to says that just makes me stupid.

:-P

Good people do exist. Just have to look in the right places (i.e. Church instead of a Strip Club) lol.

Last week I was told that I was going to have to layoff a member of my staff. I told the top two ranking people in my company to fire me instead.

In my head that makes me a good person. But apparently I am alone in that thinking. Everyone I talk to says that just makes me stupid.

:-P

Good people do exist. Just have to look in the right places (i.e. Church instead of a Strip Club) lol.

You can go to a home game and look at lot5h & 5. Lots of good people. (good and drunk)

For the most part, I'm a good person. My main thing is that I tend to speak my mind, whatever the cost or repercussions involved. I'm way too honest for my own good. My friends know this about me too, and it gets me in trouble all the time. They know if they ask me any question, they will get an honest answer out of me.

Just as an example, one of my ex-coworkers asked me a few weeks ago why I never joked around with her like I do with some of the other people at the store I work at part-time. I told her it's because I really didn't like her. She asked why, I told her, she threw a fit, and her husband wants to kill me now. Oops. Well, she asked :)

But the people who know me know I'll do absolutely anything for them. I just tell them to be careful what they ask me :lol:

YES!! OKTAREN IS BACK!! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

I would throw myself in the path of a bullet to save a stranger. Without thinking. That makes all things reconciled in my mind. Because I know it's true. Better yet, I don't believe in the promise of an eternal reward. My arrogance ends at the Stop Sign. Bunch of commoners believe they'll live on and meet God and all that, even I'm not THAT arrogant. Hehe.

Wait. Jetophile is OKTaren?

For the most part, I'm a good person. My main thing is that I tend to speak my mind, whatever the cost or repercussions involved. I'm way too honest for my own good. My friends know this about me too, and it gets me in trouble all the time. They know if they ask me any question, they will get an honest answer out of me.

Just as an example, one of my ex-coworkers asked me a few weeks ago why I never joked around with her like I do with some of the other people at the store I work at part-time. I told her it's because I really didn't like her. She asked why, I told her, she threw a fit, and her husband wants to kill me now. Oops. Well, she asked :)

But the people who know me know I'll do absolutely anything for them. I just tell them to be careful what they ask me :lol:

You know what I found? I'll tell yah. Generally speaking, it's those blunt people that "speak their minds" and always talk about how "honest" they are that make the best liars. Think about it. Everyone thinks you're blunt - brutallty honest - you advocate it so much that people buy into it - who would question a lie? I'm not saying that they habitually lie - but when they do - it's most likely beleived.

Just being honest, you dumbasses.

There ain't no sin and there ain't no virtue. There's just stuff people do.

Good and evil are the blunt instruments dumb uses to bludgeon smart.

It's common sense, really. Don't commit murder, don't steal...what concepts!; but stick it on the banner of religion, and it glows with awesomeness.

Is a donkey punch inherently good or evil? To my mind, both parties involved benefit. One (the donkey puncher) attains orgasmic release--and with it all the body and mind healing endorphins--while the other (the donkey punchee) profits from a deep tissue neck massage and, almost assuredly, a nice nap to boot.

Archived