NO Politics!!! BUT LET'S DANCE!!!

Smizzy

No matter what your affiliation, please get out there, stand in lines if there are some and vote.

If a mod sees this .. please lock it.. my intent was not to start a discussion but to remind people that we live in a country where we get to decide who our leaders are to be. How lucky we are.

It is a right that we should not take for granted.

yeah so i get all geeky and patriotic on a day like today.

So if you are of age, please vote. If you are not of age, ask to go with your parents, i take my daughter every year.

Ok please dont post in here until i get a mod to lock it, or delete it if that is what they want :lol:

Vote!

No matter what your affiliation, please get out there, stand in lines if there are some and vote.

If a mod sees this .. please lock it.. my intent was not to start a discussion but to remind people that we live in a country where we get to decide who our leaders are to be. How lucky we are.

It is a right that we should not take for granted.

yeah so i get all geeky and patriotic on a day like today.

So if you are of age, please vote. If you are not of age, ask to go with your parents, i take my daughter every year.

Ok please dont post in here until i get a mod to lock it, or delete it if that is what they want :lol:

Vote!

I'm going to be too busy having chicken and rice soup to vote.

I can't think of anything less important and meaningless than

"participating" in this sham.

a lot of good people have fought and bled and died for the right to participate in this "sham" gagoots

It's just as well that someone who would say something this stupid does not vote.

I live in Massachuesetts...the presidential election is a forgone conclusion....sigh.... (why do I live here again?).....but there are some pretty interesting ballott questions that are not a forgone conclusion. I be votin', Bumbelina. :)

I live in Massachuesetts...the presidential election is a forgone conclusion....sigh.... (why do I live here again?).....but there are some pretty interesting ballott questions that are not a forgone conclusion. I be votin', Bumbelina. :)

+1 only in NYC. I had to send my ballot in weeks ago. There is one judge running in Brooklyn that should NOT be elected. That is the only election where I am telling people to vote hard and often. It's 4 pm here and we are still getting calls from people who want to know what time "the polls" close here at the Consulate. Ugh.

i think my daughter's gets to vote in Virginia where in might matter

My new fav team to hate is Deadskins!;)

Well, election day is here, and everyone seems appalled that I am not voting.

Here we go again.

Let me remind you responsible citizens of something:

One of only TWO guys will be elected.

Its not like another candidate is going to come out of nowhere and wow us with a surprise victory and change our way of life during their term in office.

The strangest comment I get is when a friend of mine says something like: “Well even if you want to vote for the OTHER guy, just make sure you vote!”

What kind of sense does this make?! Don’t these disillusioned people at least want their guy to win? Why vote otherwise? I don’t get it.

But getting back to our wide range of candidates -

What divides a group of people more than making them choose between TWO things?

Left/Right - Right/Wrong - Good/Evil - Or perhaps especially appropriate this year: Vanilla/Chocolate.

Meanwhile, as the two sides bicker about fetuses and prayer...the rich run off with all the money. Good deal.

Can I put it another way? When there are only two choices, doesn’t EVERYONE become an extremist by default?

It’s silly, and doesn’t matter in the long run. We all know who pulls the politician’s strings. And THEY don’t get voted in or out. They’ve always been there. And always will.

Don’t pretend you have a choice. Stay home.

If we all did, THEN maybe we could effect some real change.

But probably not.

I'm not appalled that you're not voting. I think it's best that you don't.

The process does not make anyone extremists. Rather the opposite - the extremists get eliminated and the two that are left are near enough to the center that they are at least palatable to a majority of the electorate. That said, there are clear differences that cause us to take one side or the other. They're important differences that absolutely do affect our lives.

If you choose to ignore that reality, that is certainly your right.

Well, election day is here, and everyone seems appalled that I am not voting.

Here we go again.

Let me remind you responsible citizens of something:

One of only TWO guys will be elected.

Its not like another candidate is going to come out of nowhere and wow us with a surprise victory and change our way of life during their term in office.

The strangest comment I get is when a friend of mine says something like:

The best people who should run for President Do not because they are making so much coin in private sector ...and do not have the power or ego thing and prefer not to have their laundry aired for everyone to see.

By default, people who crave power are the most dangerous when they get it.

I have never voted. I registered when I turned 18 and that was that. This year I actually decided I was going to vote but found out last night that I couldn't because of some change of address form.

When did you move?

Archived