Which team would be affected more by only 3 and a half days off?

Jetkid94

after this week we play the pats on thursday night. Basically no team will put pads on during the week. which makes that week a who can break film down the best. Do you guys think the pats will be more tired/fatigued, or the jets? I expect that game to be a slow game considering we have a 39 year old QB who only has 3 days off.

I think it's going to be important to keep Favre "clean" this week so he recovers well.

Now with that said, don't fool yourself and think game planning for the Pats game doesn't begin until Sunday night after the Rams game. I'm sure later in the week, breaking down of film will begin on the Pats game. It happens that way all the time for the Cowboys and Lions at thanksgiving time.

I think it's going to be important to keep Favre "clean" this week so he recovers well.

Now with that said, don't fool yourself and think game planning for the Pats game doesn't begin until Sunday night after the Rams game. I'm sure later in the week, breaking down of film will begin on the Pats game. It happens that way all the time for the Cowboys and Lions at thanksgiving time.

I doubt the team breaks it down before sunday. However, theres definitely people choppin up films as we speak.

The Jets have been preparing for the Patriot game for a solid week now and will do so this week without looking past the Rams. I actually will take the other way on this one and think it will be more beneficial for the Jets and Favre. Why? Well our lack of success on offense IMO comes from lack of consistancy. I would like to see the offense play well Sunday and then build on that in a short week with momentum. Of course Favre will have less time to heal, but he is a gamer and I see the Jets playing well in that game regardless the outcome.

On the other side Belicheat has already been preparing for this game as well, he's a master at game planning and plus he would love to beat the Jets, yet again. The Pats should be coming off a more physical game against a hungry Bills team too.

All in all these heated rivalry wouldnt matter if it was on 3 days rest, two wees rest, or one day rest they hate each other and will go at it.

I don't know if any of you have actually played a team sport before, but its impossible to prepare for 2 teams at the same time. The actual players will only be focused on the Jets this week. As for the coaches, I don't know. I would like for the coordinators and Mangini to be focused on just the Rams.

Theres definitely guys getting films and brainstorming for the Pats.

As for us the fans, we can talk about whatever we like.

I don't know if any of you have actually played a team sport before, but its impossible to prepare for 2 teams at the same time. The actual players will only be focused on the Jets this week. As for the coaches, I don't know. I would like for the coordinators and Mangini to be focused on just the Rams.

Theres definitely guys getting films and brainstorming for the Pats.

As for us the fans, we can talk about whatever we like.

I have never prepared for two teams at once and it's never done, atleast from what I have been around, but in college we did prepare for our opponent ahead, but also had extra meetings on a team we were going to see in a short week, also coaches througout the week 8 days prior to a big conference game with a non conference game in between coaches did point stuff out on the field during practice. I dont like the method because as a coach now I believe firmly in your biggest game is your next.

I do think players will be watching extra film this week and the coaching staff will be doing more work game planning for the Pats in a short week, but there will be no prep work on the practice field until after the Rams.

The biggest factor will be based on how much each team get banged up.

The fact it is in NE benefits the Patriots because of the "travel day" but not much cause the distance is pretty short.

Both teams are familiar with each other and have been watching the others tapes all season. The Jets will watch the Rams - Patriots game to prep this week and the Pats will watch the Bills - Jets game to prep this week. So film study is not as big of an issue.

The biggest factor will be based on how much each team get banged up.

The fact it is in NE benefits the Patriots because of the "travel day" but not much cause the distance is pretty short.

Both teams are familiar with each other and have been watching the others tapes all season. The Jets will watch the Rams - Patriots game to prep this week and the Pats will watch the Bills - Jets game to prep this week. So film study is not as big of an issue.

I agree with this, and I think it benefits the Jets. if everything goes well. By well, I mean that the Jets handle the Rams, and don't get banged up. A good win against the Rams will give the Jets more confidence going into NE.

The pats Bills game is a different matter. Both of these teams are off division losses. This is a major game for them, and the hitting will be intense. If this game goes to the wire, they will both be very banged up, and emotionally spent.

Edge Jets.

Archived