Fireman Ed shiits on PSLs/Jets

SouthernJet

I find you making that connection with any of this to 9/11 memories HIGHLY offensive. That might be the worst analogy I ever read.

They werent meant to be in actuality.I was reminding some others of how feelings are lost for certain people.They mocked Ed for being a fireman present time.And I used the 9/11 reference to remind them of who and what Fireman Ed is and was. NO OFFENSE meant.

These guys do nothing but mock and ridicule and criticize.If it isnt their opinion,thought or feelings they consider it mockable.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have always liked Ed. I think the politics he is caught up in now is a mistake. The NY deal is over, we can either get over it or not go anymore. Either way, nobody wants to hear about it at this point. Besides the stadium is at 1.3 billion in the swamp and it is shared. A West Side Stadium that they had alone? Oh my I have no idea what the cost would be, but it would be bad for the fans no doubt.

I think the stadium is much better when Ed is in it. I don't get caught up in all the other stuff. Try not to anyway.

"They werent meant to be in actuality.I was reminding some others of how feelings are lost for certain people.They mocked Ed for being a fireman present time.And I used the 9/11 reference to remind them of who and what Fireman Ed is and was. NO OFFENSE meant.

These guys do nothing but mock and ridicule and criticize.If it isnt their opinion,thought or feelings they consider it mockable."

One day when you take the time to actually read and comprehend a post (they may offer classes) you will realize how wrong you are. I actually tailgate with members of the NYPD and NYFD and find it laughable at what you are inferring. We are talking about Fireman Ed the Jets mascot nothing more. To even bring up 9/11 is disgraceful and in poor taste...

I have always liked Ed. I think the politics he is caught up in now is a mistake. The NY deal is over, we can either get over it or not go anymore. Either way, nobody wants to hear about it at this point. Besides the stadium is at 1.3 billion in the swamp and it is shared. A West Side Stadium that they had alone? Oh my I have no idea what the cost would be, but it would be bad for the fans no doubt.

I think the stadium is much better when Ed is in it. I don't get caught up in all the other stuff. Try not to anyway.

I agree but bashing a guy who happens to be FDNY over his opinions and feelings.Theres always 2 sides to every story.I thought for years Ed had carte blanche in the stadium.After seeing him doing commercials and endorsements.It looks like the NYJETS have even been screwing him all these years.

Again it's a shame that more didn't stand up against PSL's. And yeah if you don't want to pay then you don't have to at this point.

The WSS and PSL's - it was not a foregone conclusion that PSL's were going to happen. But all that is in the past. Now lets all get together and cheer on the NJ Jets !!

"They werent meant to be in actuality.I was reminding some others of how feelings are lost for certain people.They mocked Ed for being a fireman present time.And I used the 9/11 reference to remind them of who and what Fireman Ed is and was. NO OFFENSE meant.

These guys do nothing but mock and ridicule and criticize.If it isnt their opinion,thought or feelings they consider it mockable."

One day when you take the time to actually read and comprehend a post (they may offer classes) you will realize how wrong you are. I actually tailgate with members of the NYPD and NYFD and find it laughable at what you are inferring. We are talking about Fireman Ed the Jets mascot nothing more. To even bring up 9/11 is disgraceful and in poor taste...

And I SAID and MEANT after 9/11 Fireman Ed was a GOD to guys like you and me now to you hes **** because of what?????????? Back up your statements or STFU already.You are tasteful and disrespectful. MR What have you done for me lately.

NO DISRESPECT TO ANYONE.

And I SAID and MEANT after 9/11 Fireman Ed was a GOD to guys like you and me now to you hes **** because of what?????????? Back up your statements or STFU already.You are tasteful and disrespectful. MR What have you done for me lately.

NO DISRESPECT TO ANYONE.

It is clueless internet warriors like yourself that ruin sites..thank god (not Ed the God) that you are often ignored.

I think Ed and the role he plays on gameday is just great. I have been a Jet fan my entire football watching life which is 40 + years. I'll be the 1st to say that fans in some other cities ( Buffalo for ex. ) are much more rabid on game day. Ed's great for getting the crowd into it. I could never understand the hatred towards him.

I think Ed and the role he plays on gameday is just great. I have been a Jet fan my entire football watching life which is 40 + years. I'll be the 1st to say that fans in some other cities ( Buffalo for ex. ) are much more rabid on game day. Ed's great for getting the crowd into it. I could never understand the hatred towards him.

Great post Thai Jet.

Will you pay the PSL?

I forfeited my season tickets prior to this year. I had 2 seats in the lower section from a friend for 5 years.Then acquired 4 of my own waiting on the list.I had them for 14 years.Affordability was an issue and the ineviteable PSL fee was the clincher. I can acquire seats to any home game home game through friends or Stubhub.I did put my name back on the waitnig list as a wait and see option and for speculation purposes.

Another great post.Why some choose to criticize Fireman Ed is beyond me and cowardly to say the least.

The only coward is some jerkoff that sits behind the keyboard, is unable to keep a discussion when proven wrong, and tends to repeat himself. I understand Ed is your idol and you break into tears when someone GASP questions his motives. Just go to the shrine you have in your bathroom and kiss your dolls and one day when you get your season ticket back you can cheer with him in person.

The only coward is some jerkoff that sits behind the keyboard, is unable to keep a discussion when proven wrong, and tends to repeat himself. I understand Ed is your idol and you break into tears when someone GASP questions his motives. Just go to the shrine you have in your bathroom and kiss your dolls and one day when you get your season ticket backs you can cheer with him in person.

More nonsense spoken...ALCOHOL induced im sure.

I forfeited my season tickets prior to this year. I had 2 seats in the lower section from a friend for 5 years.Then acquired 4 of my own waiting on the list.I had them for 14 years.Affordability was an issue and the ineviteable PSL fee was the clincher. I can acquire seats to any home game home game through friends or Stubhub.I did put my name back on the waitnig list as a wait and see option and for speculation purposes.

JETSFANS180, the problem with Ed is simple, for years he got everything from the JETS. That was until 2 things happened:

• The organization decided to make this deal with the Giants & the team's #1 fan went off over "NOT HAVING THEIR OWN STADIUM." to the point that he went off to 2 New York Papers & Sports Illustrated over it.
  • He got injured on the job & could not go to Jets game for almost a year - and the organization decided to move on.

Just as they have to every season ticket holder who just made enough to afford 10 frickin' games a year & enjoy the game days.

It just proves that the organization does not care about the season ticket holder. Only those who make over $150,000 per year.

It's not about being a coward, it's about been saddened by not having something that once was so easy to own...

Another great post.Why some choose to criticize Fireman Ed is beyond me and cowardly to say the least.

You really are a joke. How can calling Ed a mascot that this team or fan base essentially really doesnt need be cowardly? I'm sure most of us would say "Hey, Ed you are a mascot and if you didnt come to games anymore we would be ok". The point were making is that your losing an argument that started with me because you are bring up 9/11 and him being an NYFD. As 4h mentioned, a lot of those same men tailgate at 5H every weekend. Its distasteful.

You really are a joke. How can calling Ed a mascot that this team or fan base essentially really doesnt need be cowardly? I'm sure most of us would say "Hey, Ed you are a mascot and if you didnt come to games anymore we would be ok". The point were making is that your losing an argument that started with me because you are bring up 9/11 and him being an NYFD. As 4h mentioned, a lot of those same men tailgate at 5H every weekend. Its distasteful.

I will repeat and mostly for you. I mentioned about 9/11 because Ed was/is a fireman. If it were near 9/11 you would have way different feelings for the man as many did for anyone involved victims,police,fire,employees,rescue you name it.AT NO TIME DID I MOCK OR DISCREDIT OR RIDICULE 9/11 IN ANY WAY.You put that spin on it to win an argument.

If your tailgating buddies knew your true colors you would be a lonely man on gameday.

Respect Ed for the person he is and what he does at NYJETS games.I have not seen ANYONE fill his shoes as of yet. You know this I know this and the NYJETS know this.

I will repeat and mostly for you. I mentioned about 9/11 because Ed was/is a fireman. If it were near 9/11 you would have way different feelings for the man as many did for anyone involved victims,police,fire,employees,rescue you name it.AT NO TIME DID I MOCK OR DISCREDIT OR RIDICULE 9/11 IN ANY WAY.You put that spin on it to win an argument.

If your tailgating buddies knew your true colors you would be a lonely man on gameday.

Respect Ed for the person he is and what he does at NYJETS games.I have not seen ANYONE fill his shoes as of yet. You know this I know this and the NYJETS know this.

what are my true colors?

I'm sick of just saying this off the board but if PatsFanTX can be banned, why can't 5180 be banned? He throws around personal insults plenty and just makes the intelligence level of this board fall drastically.

I'm sick of just saying this off the board but if PatsFanTX can be banned, why can't 5180 be banned? He throws around personal insults plenty and just makes the intelligence level of this board fall drastically.

I personally think it's because Max has no marbles.

5180, the classic internet tough guy that has made so many friends here in such a short amount of time.

Originally Posted by 4HCrew

The only coward is some jerkoff that sits behind the keyboard, is unable to keep a discussion when proven wrong, and tends to repeat himself. I understand Ed is your idol and you break into tears when someone GASP questions his motives. Just go to the shrine you have in your bathroom and kiss your dolls and one day when you get your season ticket backs you can cheer with him in person.

124 and BP Put me on IGNORE otherwise STFU. With friends like you guys who needs enemies.MANY agreed with me on this one.

124 and BP Put me on IGNORE otherwise STFU. With friends like you guys who needs enemies.MANY agreed with me on this one.

still waiting to here what my true colors are....

I would love to. but unfortunately I can't ignore imbeciles, like yourself.

Oh, and I'm not going to STFU either. can you figure out how to quote a post correctly? or does being a dumb ass come naturally?

We all pay to go to these games, once we step inside that beautiful stadium, everything but the game takes a backseat, its an escape for everyone. I dont think 9.11 should even be brought up in this argument. Because Fireman Ed is a fireman and 9.11 happened, we should give him a pass on things? Do you know how many people are doctors inside that stadium, that worked in hospitals during 9.11, or lawyers, who have won money for the victims, or the construction workers/volunteers that helped out around ground zero...

my point is this, i for one, dont like fireman ed, and dont care if he is there or not. as long as i am there, im happy..Last year we were 4-12, not cause the fireman wasnt there, but because the talent wasnt there . This year we have had so many additions to our team, that we dont need a mascot, or a fearless leader.. we have a good team, and our team does the talking on the field. ppl are going to cheer regardless. i went to the 5h tailgate briefly last home game, and they all seem to be great fans, who dont need a fireman to get them pumped up. they get pumped up regardless, as do many others..

we all pay a pretty penny to go to these games, we dont need a "fireman" to get us out of our seat, we are all capable.

5180- stop ruffling everyones feathers. this is a great place, with good ppl, no need to constantly bash everyone.

Archived