Fireman Ed shiits on PSLs/Jets

SouthernJet

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JETSFANS180, the problem with Ed is simple, for years he got everything from the JETS.

If this is true then I can almost understand the jealousy. I've seen it claimed many times, but never substantiated. Not that it would bother me, because it dosen't effect my status as a ticket holder(or perhaps soon former), but does anyone just assume he got perks, or is there proof? Just mildly curious.

I agree but bashing a guy who happens to be FDNY over his opinions and feelings.Theres always 2 sides to every story.I thought for years Ed had carte blanche in the stadium.After seeing him doing commercials and endorsements.It looks like the NYJETS have even been screwing him all these years.

Yes. That is what you do on a message bpard. You bash or praise people. Ed is a public figure. He put himself in that spot. His actions through the past 15 years have led to him being bashed. It has nothing to do with him being a firefighter.

Basically what you have said here is Ed shouldnt be bashed because he's a firefighter.

I dont like Ed. Haven't liked Ed in years. I've stated my reasons many times. I haven't done his chant in years. It has nothing to do with jealousy. I have no reason to be jealous of Ed. I dont want to get on my brother's shoulders and do the Jets chant.

The Jets can solve the whole Jets chant thing very easily- use the scoreboard and the Flight whores to do it. We dont need him. Jets dont need him. He,like the rest of us, are replaceable.

Seems the same stuff no matter what message board. People don't know how to stay on topic. I don't post much here as you can see so I don't know the history with 5180 but based on this thread did this require a ban (which should really be called a suspension technically) ? Seems like a gang mentality against him. For the record I don't know why 9/11 was brought into this thread.

Wouldn't it be easier for a mod to lock a thread with a message at the end stating why it's being locked/closed whatever?

Seems the same stuff no matter what message board. People don't know how to stay on topic. I don't post much here as you can see so I don't know the history with 5180 but based on this thread did this require a ban (which should really be called a suspension technically) ? Seems like a gang mentality against him. For the record I don't know why 9/11 was brought into this thread.

Wouldn't it be easier for a mod to lock a thread with a message at the end stating why it's being locked/closed whatever?

i have a feeling that some other things occurred other than just in this thread...

Locking threads is a poor way to handle things. If so, those of us with opinions would not be able to join in. And your post would never be seen.

The problem is 5180 took it off topic with him using 9/11 as a reason why ed shouldnt be bashed. He was also the first one to attack a poster http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1039258&postcount=62

People need to be accountable for their actions. He went too far this time and got a timeout in the corner.

i have a feeling that some other things occurred other than just in this thread...

Locking threads is a poor way to handle things. If so, those of us with opinions would not be able to join in. And your post would never be seen.

The problem is 5180 took it off topic with him using 9/11 as a reason why ed shouldnt be bashed. He was also the first one to attack a poster http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1039258&postcount=62

People need to be accountable for their actions. He went too far this time and got a timeout in the corner.

You mean "in your opinion" locking threads is a poor way to handle it. If someones opinion stays on point that's fine but as does quite often it spins out of control and into personal attacks. Why not head it off?

You mean "in your opinion" locking threads is a poor way to handle it. If someones opinion stays on point that's fine but as does quite often it spins out of control and into personal attacks. Why not head it off?

Not just my opinion.. thats the way things are handled here. The mods are very lenient and allow discussions to take their course. Sometimes its good, sometimes its not good. Rarely do they dissolve into name calling.

But people need to be accountable for themselves. There was no reason for him to make the rude comments he made. There was no reason why he couldnt stay on topic and debate without name calling.

Ruling with a heavy hand and locking threads because of the threat of someone being immature is a poor way to run a board. We have a lot of leeway here, and is the reason why we are successful. Max and friends allow us to dig our own graves.

Im sure there were a few PM's sent to 5180 to tell him to knock it off. I've received a few in my time and stopped once I knew I was in jeopardy of sitting in the corner. People dont get banned here without being given one or two chances to stop being an ass hat. Some listen, some ignore.

Jman,

It is my fault actually, I am slow to ban people or allow people to get banned. He has been fighting with people for months, hurling personal insults, etc. When the Jets lose, he is definitely out of control.

I let it progress too long. As far as this being locked -- everyone is free to discuss Fireman Ed again now.

I have known Ed for almost 15 years... We have tailgated together at 16H, taken some publicity pictures together, met at draft day parties, he came to my " Support the troops rally" in 2004.

I have never understood why there is such wide scaled hatred for the man. Now listen i am not blowing smoke up his ass to say he is the best guy in the world either, I just do not know what he did to make people so mad. He stated his opinion on the W.S.S. and also on the PSL's. I think we all have. Whether you agree or disagree that should not make you hate someone so bad. I have had idfferances with him on some things we get along just great. I will not suck his a$$ because he is was a fireman or because he get on TV.. He is a passionate Jets fan like me. All he wants is a SB win like me.... He does not want to pay PSL's like most of us.... And he wishes that we had our own stadium.... What is so wrong with that.....???? And I have heard many times people say things like He gets free tickets from the team, the get all these perc's... Now I know none of that is the truth but if it was WHO CARES????? I would love the team to give me free tickets and perc's, so would he be wrong if they gave them to him.....

I have known Ed for almost 15 years... We have tailgated together at 16H, taken some publicity pictures together, met at draft day parties, he came to my " Support the troops rally" in 2004.

I have never understood why there is such wide scaled hatred for the man. Now listen i am not blowing smoke up his ass to say he is the best guy in the world either, I just do not know what he did to make people so mad. He stated his opinion on the W.S.S. and also on the PSL's. I think we all have. Whether you agree or disagree that should not make you hate someone so bad. I have had idfferances with him on some things we get along just great. I will not suck his a$$ because he is was a fireman or because he get on TV.. He is a passionate Jets fan like me. All he wants is a SB win like me.... He does not want to pay PSL's like most of us.... And he wishes that we had our own stadium.... What is so wrong with that.....???? And I have heard many times people say things like He gets free tickets from the team, the get all these perc's... Now I know none of that is the truth but if it was WHO CARES????? I would love the team to give me free tickets and perc's, so would he be wrong if they gave them to him.....

Those arent the reasons why I dislike him.

Johnny I am not taking the oxy's no more... I do have allot of them left....I will say this they are so serious stuff. I am 6ft 287 and 2 of these knocked me on my ass. I have not been that stoned since college in 1984....

They are most certainly no joke...

If you're going to be at the Buffalo game, we can either meet there, or I'll PM you a PO Box where you can ship them.

Not really into having a pissing contest on who makes noise in the stadium, clearly our opinions differ. But I can truly care less if Fireman Ed is in the stadium or not. He was a puppet for the Jets, did not get what he wanted, made a stink, and now getting the cold shoulder. Good riddance...

A lot of people disagree with you and don't care whether he is in the stadium or not. Why does it matter to you whether he is there or not?

I can care less about the guy and my section is crazy and loud enough so this does not really bother me...124 was trying to figure out why some people are not fond of the guy and just expressed my opinion. Nothing more nothing less I agree if any of us had a way to get out of the PSL they would use any leverage they had...

A lot of people disagree with you and don't care about the guy. Why do you care about him, do you know him personally?

lol

Archived