Raiders waive DeAngelo Hall

Brown42000

Honest to God do you ever watch him play?

He's been roasted COUNTLESS times this season, he's the furthest thing from a 'good player'. Why's he a perfect #2 to Revis when he couldn't play #2 to Namdi? Seriously?

Most overrated player in the league, by a distance.

If you think he's being cut due to performance you're kidding yourself.

Now is he worth 1/2 of the contract he signed? NFW.

However, he's being cut for finances and finances alone. Cutting him will prevent Davis from having to pay him performance bonuses!

I have never seen an organization fall this far so fast. If you look back over the last 8 years this is what the Raiders have done:

2000: 12-4 (AFC Championship game loss)

2001: 10-6 (AFC Division game loss)

2002: 11-5 (Super Bowl loss)

2003: 4-12

2004: 5-11

2005: 4-12

2006: 2-14

2007: 4-12

Al Davis is turning the Raiders into the Detroit Lions.

Truly elite?? He's fast. That's it. He's has terrible footwork and for all the speed he has he gets burned regularly. He's not nearly as good as the ESPN hype machine tries to make him out to be. In fact, he's just not that good at all.

You misread my post. Hall is not elite. What I stated was that if Hall was ADDED to our current defense (along w/a healthy Harris) the DEFENSIVE UNIT of the Jets would become a TRULY ELITE defensive group. It would be adding a strong component to what's already a proven top-notch defense.

I have never seen an organization fall this far so fast. If you look back over the last 8 years this is what the Raiders have done:

2000: 12-4 (AFC Championship game loss)

2001: 10-6 (AFC Division game loss)

2002: 11-5 (Super Bowl loss)

2003: 4-12

2004: 5-11

2005: 4-12

2006: 2-14

2007: 4-12

Al Davis is turning the Raiders into the Detroit Lions.

Turning? Nah, I think they've been there for awhile now.

1. Lowery is a good #2

2. We don't have the cap room to sign someone with his salary

3. He is a jackass and a poor cornerback

More like:

1. We don't have the cap room to sign someone with his salary

2. He's a total jackass and awful corner who commits too many penalties and mental eras.

3. I'd rather see Lowery develop, plus...teams throw away from Revis. Would you want to put heavy reliance on Hall or Lowery?

More like:

1. We don't have the cap room to sign someone with his salary

2. He's a total jackass and awful corner who commits too many penalties and mental eras.

3. I'd rather see Lowery develop, plus...teams throw away from Revis. Would you want to put heavy reliance on Hall or Lowery?

What is a "mental era" ? Right now, who would I rather have on the other side of Revis all other things being equal? Hall. However, all things aren't equal. I think the "Hall is a jackass" stuff is overblown, but his cap space would be fairly large, although remember, OAK is on the hook for the signing bonus... but I don't know how his deal is structured, and I suspect there are bonuses still coming.

DeAngelo Hall does not deserve to be a starting Cornerback in the NFL. Period.

Either way, Al Davis is a joke. He have Walker & Hall what? $130 some million and releases them halfway through the season? What a joke.

Man how did we lose to such a horrible organization?

DeAngelo Hall does not deserve to be a starting Cornerback in the NFL. Period.

Either way, Al Davis is a joke. He have Walker & Hall what? $130 some million and releases them halfway through the season? What a joke.

Man how did we lose to such a horrible organization?

Ask EM that question

If you think he's being cut due to performance you're kidding yourself.

Now is he worth 1/2 of the contract he signed? NFW.

However, he's being cut for finances and finances alone. Cutting him will prevent Davis from having to pay him performance bonuses!

You are aware I pointed that out. They couldn't keep Hall and Namdi heading into next season, it was a pretty easy choice.

That being said he has still been flat out AWFUL this season, the fact that he's sucked balls hardly helped his cause.

Archived