Politics

Maxman

We are here because of the NY Jets.

What I hate more than ANYTHING in this world is Partisan bullsh*t. And it comes from both sides. There have been NUMEROUS deleted threads and posts. Some were locked, many more were deleted.

The reasons varied from racial to personal attacks.

WE DON'T WANT POLITICAL TALK HERE BECAUSE IT PITS JET FAN AGAINST JET FAN. I LOVE talking politics. But time and time again people prove to be immature over the internet, that is why we don't allow it.

Because the track record here has proven that people can not be civil towards each other. We are here for the NY Jets. Not sure how many other ways we can say this.

We are going to just have to ban people who refuse to follow this simple rule.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We are here because of the NY Jets.

What I hate more than ANYTHING in this world is Partisan bullsh*t. And it comes from both sides. There have been NUMEROUS deleted threads and posts. Some were locked, many more were deleted.

The reasons varied from racial to personal attacks.

WE DON'T WANT POLITICAL TALK HERE BECAUSE IT PITS JET FAN AGAINST JET FAN. I LOVE talking politics. But time and time again people prove to be immature over the internet, that is why we don't allow it.

Because the track record here has proven that people can not be civil towards each other. We are here for the NY Jets. Not sure how many other ways we can say this.

We are going to just have to ban people who refuse to follow this simple rule.

If only this could become law in the real world.

I have to give you credit, Max. You are either a huge Jest fan, or a complete idiot.....either way, dedicated. I would never, ever create a website, grow a website, and deal with the bullsh*t said website creates daily.

Though I agree, in principle, on your appraisal of Max, it is a bit quixotic of him. (Wow, I used that word twice in two weeks.) He is fighting an impossible battle. You cannot hope to factor out world issues, which are important to all of us. Boards like these allow us to blow off steam, which is cheaper than a therapist's couch. Though I fully respect Max and his wishes, I think political discussion among adults is healthy, and would be acceptable in this forum with the involvement of the moderators to weed out posters who cross the line.

Would you care to share a jelly doughnut with me?

Sorry I don't roll that way. First off, I prefer custard. Second, I will just buy 4 so we can have two each.

Sharing one donut is extreme. The economic outlook isn't that bad, lol.

I'm all for it too but the election is freakin' huge. I believe there should be some leniancy around this time.

There actually was. You guys can't see deleted threads. Trust me when we tell you tehre was though.

Those I agree, in principle, on your appraisal of Max, it is a bit quixotic of him. (Wow, I used that word twice in two weeks.) He is fighting an impossible battle. You cannot hope to factor out world issues, which are important to all of us. Boards like these allow us to blow off steam, which is cheaper than a therapist's couch. Though I fully respect Max and his wishes, I think political discussion among adults is healthy, and would be acceptable in this forum with the involvement of the moderators to weed out posters who cross the line.

The racist posts we deleted are not healthy. They far passed, "blowing off steam". They were an embarassment. Of the like that I personally will not be associated with. And it takes a lot to embarass me.

Political discussion might be healthy. Jets fans fighting against Jets fans because of partisan politics is not healthy for this forum. ji just had how many users leave over politics?

We just don't want it here. Anytime that we test it a bit we are always proven right. Latest case in point was yesterday. Maybe we should charge $55 so people can see the really good stuff -- i.e. deleted posts. That might be a big money maker.

hey max can i start threads again?

they won't be about politics

Come on Max. Give the kid another chance. Lots of his threads were about roster moves. That's something , as a Jet fan, I'm interested in even at the practice squad level.

The racist posts we deleted are not healthy. They far passed, "blowing off steam". They were an embarassment. Of the like that I personally will not be associated with. And it takes a lot to embarass me.

Political discussion might be healthy. Jets fans fighting against Jets fans because of partisan politics is not healthy for this forum. ji just had how many users leave over politics?

We just don't want it here. Anytime that we test it a bit we are always proven right. Latest case in point was yesterday. Maybe we should charge $55 so people can see the really good stuff -- i.e. deleted posts. That might be a big money maker.

We are in complete agreement here. I don't see this as political discussion. It is hate speech, pure and simple. I never get why it must always sink to this level. As much as you think we have progressed, you see how much bigotry and misinformation still exists. I will defer to your judgement and experience on the impracticality of having political forums on the board. Obviously, most of us have no idea what you and the moderators deal with.

"Is Ben there? He's an Italian fella, last name is DiBanana"

(Spoken by Red) "Yeah?"

(From caller) "Yeah, I just wanted to tell you that I'm comin' down now, and I'm gonna break your fu**kin' face open for ya."

(Again, Red) "Why you Guinea bastard." etc... LOL.

What this comes down to is this...

People just can't bring themselves to respect other peoples' opinions. I've always believed that someone else can believe in anything they want to, either their religion, sexuality, politics, etc., and I don't have a problem with it.

Not the same religion as me? That's fine with me. Someone is gay/bi/straight? Makes no difference to me. Someone likes Obama/McCain? They're entitled to it.

What I can't stand is all the hate displayed by people when they either meet or are talking about someone whose views differ from their own. People of one faith hating people following another. People attacking someone who just happens to be gay. People using racist remarks because our new president is black.

Basically, everyone just needs to grow the **** up. People have the right to believe in whatever they want to believe in without fear.

What this comes down to is this...

People just can't bring themselves to respect other peoples' opinions. I've always believed that someone else can believe in anything they want to, either their religion, sexuality, politics, etc., and I don't have a problem with it.

Not the same religion as me? That's fine with me. Someone is gay/bi/straight? Makes no difference to me. Someone likes Obama/McCain? They're entitled to it.

What I can't stand is all the hate displayed by people when they either meet or are talking about someone whose views differ from their own. People of one faith hating people following another. People attacking someone who just happens to be gay. People using racist remarks because our new president is black.

Basically, everyone just needs to grow the **** up. People have the right to believe in whatever they want to believe in without fear.

You have summed up my beliefs as well. Nicely stated. I usually listen to Opie & Anthony in the car in the morning. The last two days, I've shut it off because of all the racist and partisan rancor spewed by Anthony. It's couched around comedy, but it was, again, hate speech pure and simple. I do, however, believe that even this small minded person should be able to express his views, though they be archaic. I also believe in the marketplace dictating content, so I turned it off.

Archived