The Patriots strike again. Acquire CB Duane Starks from the

ARodJetsFan

Cardinals for a 3rd round pick.

New England Acquires Cb Starks From ArizonaPrint this article | Email this article

March 3, 2005

By SportsTicker

TEMPE, Arizona (Ticker) - The New England Patriots bolstered their depleted cornerback corps Thursday when the two-time defending Super Bowl champions acquired Duane Starks from the Arizona Cardinals for a 2005 third-round pick.

The 30-year-old Starks was plagued by injuries after signing a free-agent contract with the Cardinals prior to the 2002 season. He was limited to 10 games in 2002 and tore his ACL in a 2003 preseason game, an injury that forced him to miss the entire campaign.

Last season, Starks had 58 tackles and three interceptions in 15 games, including eight starts.

Hit by several injuries at the cornerback position during their title run in 2004, the Patriots were forced to start several untested players. They recently waived Pro Bowler Ty Law, who missed the last three months of the season after breaking his foot at Pittsburgh on October 31.

As part of the trade, the teams also swapped fifth-round picks.

Not in my line of work, I'd be unemployed if it was. :wink:

I hear ya.

The wife and I went to the Pats/Jets game @ the Meadowlands back in Dec. We were smoking J's with these cool Jet fans that we met while tailgating. They were the best.

Smokin' J's and drinkin' Whiskey. A good time was had by all.

I have seen Starks play. And let me tell you this, he is no Troy Brown.

I just did a little research on him and he seems pretty injury prone but a decent player when healthy. :idea: Speaking of which, I wonder how Ray Mickens is coming along.

Archived