DeAngelo Hall unclaimed.

JETSFAN5180

I'm kinda surprised Denver didn't take a flier on him considering their problems on defense and injuries in the secondary. Maybe they are up against the cap?

I just don't see how halfway through the season a team is going to be able to take on the Signing bonus he will command against this year's salary cap. If he gets a 5 year deal with a 25mil SB, that's instantly 5 mil against this year's cap. That's a pretty big hit for any team that is in contention this season.

I just don't see how halfway through the season a team is going to be able to take on the Signing bonus he will command against this year's salary cap. If he gets a 5 year deal with a 25mil SB, that's instantly 5 mil against this year's cap. That's a pretty big hit for any team that is in contention this season.

Oh, i was thinkin' that maybe once a player is cut his contract was null n void. Thinkin' about it, why should a team who claims him have to pay up that kinda cash? They couldn't re-negotiate with him?

Actually, this is DEAD WRONG.

If a team would have put a claim in for him, they would have been on the hook for the pro-rated amount of his BASE SALARY for this year, and any FUTURE terms in the deal. The signing bonus (which was 8M, not 25M), no.. .they woudn't be on the hook for it. However, Hall had provisions on his schedule that said if he got hurt in year 1, 16M of his deal becomes guaranteed. YES, they would have been on the hook for that though.

NO team would have been hit with a 5M instant cap hit if they claimed him. That couldn't be more wrong.

DeAngelo Hall at BEST is an okay #2 Cornerback. The money Al Davis gave him and what they gave Atlanta for him was foolish and whatever team that signs him if they expect anything but decent play from a #2 CB, they are expecting too much.

Two words - Nnamdi Asomugha

He's not shutdown either. It is downright impossible to have a shutdown corner. Even Deion Sanders in his prime wouldn't be a shutdown corner today. You can thank Bill Polian and Tony Dungy for that.

He's not shutdown either. It is downright impossible to have a shutdown corner. Even Deion Sanders in his prime wouldn't be a shutdown corner today. You can thank Bill Polian and Tony Dungy for that.

Seven times! SEVEN!

If that's not shutdown, seriously WTF is?

The guy is a pure beast, he'll never get the respect he deserves playing in Oakland though. Warren Sapp (who played with him for years) says he's a class above Deion Sanders in every way and the best he's ever seen at that position.

Archived