Week 10 power rankings.

Jets Babe

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2008&week=10

The AFC East already is the type of horse race Triple Crown organizers long for, and we barely are past the midway point of the NFL season.

There's a three-way tie for the division lead, and the team among the leaders with the most impressive intradivision record is perhaps the club that invites the most skepticism.

The New York Jets, who were derided after losing to the Oakland Raiders on the road and nearly falling at home to the Kansas City Chiefs in Weeks 7 and 8, respectively, made a statement in Week 9.

They went to Orchard Park, N.Y., and scored a 26-17 victory over the suddenly stumbling Buffalo Bills. For the sometimes-underachieving Jets, it was their second victory in three AFC East matchups so far this season -- and both victories came on the road.

For their efforts, the Jets were rewarded an eight-place vault to No. 11 in the latest edition of ESPN.com's NFL Power Rankings. At 5-3 overall, the Jets and the Bills share the AFC East lead with the New England Patriots. But like the Bills, who fell eight spots to No. 14 in the poll of our experts, the Patriots suffered for their Week 9 setback.

Our voters did not look kindly upon the Patriots after their 18-15 loss at the Indianapolis Colts. New England tumbled five spots to No. 12.

Jets ranked higher than the Bills, Dolphins and the Pats, considered top team in AFC east. Discuss.

That only means something the monday morning after week17.

Actually no, it means that right now at this very moment sports writers for ESPN think the JETS are better... if it meant nothing it wouldnt exist...

I think what you meant is it means nothing to the team, but even that is wrong as it is a confidence booster.

:rl:

So let me get this straight...

Not only are the Bears :rl: and Falcons :rl: better than us, but the same team we bitch slapped up and down the field a few weeks ago (Arizona) with the same record as us is better than us too? Priceless.

Thanks again for proving you know nothing ESPN.

This is how the Top 10 SHOULD look:

1. Titans

2. Giants

3. Steelers

4. Panthers

5. Redskins

6. Eagles

7. JETS / Patriots

8. JETS / Patriots

9. Baltimore

10. Tampa Bay

Just misses: Arizona, Chicago, Atlanta, Buffalo & Indianapolis. Rank them how you wish.

:rl:

So let me get this straight...

Not only are the Bears :rl: and Falcons :rl: better than us, but the same team we bitch slapped up and down the field a few weeks ago (Arizona) with the same record as us is better than us too? Priceless.

Thanks again for proving you know nothing ESPN.

This is how the Top 10 SHOULD look:

1. Titans

2. Giants

3. Steelers

4. Panthers

5. Redskins

6. Eagles

7. JETS / Patriots

8. JETS / Patriots

9. Baltimore

10. Tampa Bay

Just misses: Arizona, Chicago, Atlanta, Buffalo & Indianapolis. Rank them how you wish.

Arizona is ahead of the JETS mostly because of the Raiders loss... when you look closely and not just on the surface it makes sense...

Arizona only has 3 losses and they are all to winning teams...

The JETS lost to the Raiders and the Chargers... both losing teams...

The records are the same but the JETS have not proven to be the stronger team per say... I think they are but your crazy if you dont see why an outsider thinks they arent...

They are both 5-3, the Jets beat them and beat them easily. Case over.

Outsiders can believe what they'd like, the Jets are the better team than the Arizona f'ing Cardinals. Don't forget they also get to play their division opponents, all of which are 2-6.

Quite frankly, the Jets have always played poorly when they were the top dogs, both in individual games and over seasons as a whole. On the other hand, 2006 is a prime example of everyone expecting the team to be bad, and the win against New England is an individual game example.

I'd rather stay as the underdog...especially when I think the Jets have the best team they've had in years.

They are both 5-3, the Jets beat them and beat them easily. Case over.

Outsiders can believe what they'd like, the Jets are the better team than the Arizona f'ing Cardinals. Don't forget they also get to play their division opponents, all of which are 2-6.

Thing is, the Cardinals are playing better than they were in week 4. The team has totally bought into the system, and their offense has just gotten better as Warner has become more comfortable as the starter. As of this post, he is the frontrunner to start for the NFC in the pro bowl, and is a sure-fire MVP candidate.

Miami is a similar story; we beat them in week 1, but they've improved. You'll notice that as a season progresses, teams don't remain stagnant. Some get better, some get worse.

I'm glad we have a win over them under our belt, and its a quality win as it stands. But I'm not sure we would have our way with AZ if we were playing them this week, especially if we played them on the road.

Archived