Yahoo! Crystal Ball Predictions

Aqua4ever04

Have to say I agree with the the top of the AFC East assessment.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-secondhalfprojections110608&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

2. nyj.gif

New York Jets

Final regular-season record: 10-6, No. 6 seed in the AFC

Skinny: Back-to-back road losses against Tennessee and New England push the Jets into a scrum with Miami down the stretch. The season finale against the Dolphins should determine the division winner.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gotta love bold statement with absolutely no evidence to support your outlandish remark.

Evidence? In a game where a team actually has a pass rush, Pennington won't be the same guy he's now. He's not beating powerhouse teams. Miami is driven from the run. They're not going to be able to run against the Jets, among other teams. Teams are going to start playing the receivers close, and blitz the hell out of pennington.

However, I don't see how 8-8 is outlandish, since they are 4-4 now..

Evidence? In a game where a team actually has a pass rush, Pennington won't be the same guy he's now. He's not beating powerhouse teams. Miami is driven from the run. They're not going to be able to run against the Jets, among other teams. Teams are going to start playing the receivers close, and blitz the hell out of pennington.

New England (who beat you)

Denver (winning record)

San Diego (who beat you)

Buffalo (winning record)

Yup, no powerhouse teams there :confused:

Well now you have major holes in your logic. The Dolphins have had the toughest schedule thus far of any team in the division and their second half schedule is the easiest in the NFL.

We're not really beating teams with the run right now, it's been Chad for the most part. And the reason we're not running the ball is because teams are stacking the box.

Go ahead and blitz Pennington. Our tackles are great, Ronnie is one of the best at picking up the blitzer and Chad is a genius when it comes to getting the ball out quick and to the right target.

And just which of the teams on our remaining schedule are going to get this said, "pressure?"

Seattle?

Oakland?

New England?

St. Louis?

Buffalo?

San Francisco?

Kansas City?

The Jets are the only team with a good pass rush that we play in the 2nd half.

they still have to play everyone in the division who I think is better, I also believe they will be knocked into reality this weekend.

You mean the Pats and Bills who the Dolphins destroyed? Lol.

Knocked into reality?

I just don't have any words for this kind of logic.

Yeah, the Miami Dolphins are going to go 6-2 down the stetch. :hand:

And please, Miami will not beat the Jets, nor will they beat New England in the rematch. Thats 2 L's right there and Miami will screw up at least once somewhere else, at least. 8-8 or 9-7.

I cannot wait for Miami to fall right on their faces so dumb**** know nothing *******s like Aqua can flee the board for a few months.

Well now you have major holes in your logic. The Dolphins have had the toughest schedule thus far of any team in the division and their second half schedule is the easiest in the NFL.

We're not really beating teams with the run right now, it's been Chad for the most part. And the reason we're not running the ball is because teams are stacking the box.

Go ahead and blitz Pennington. Our tackles are great, Ronnie is one of the best at picking up the blitzer and Chad is a genius when it comes to getting the ball out quick and to the right target.

And just which of the teams on our remaining schedule are going to get this said, "pressure?"

Seattle?

Oakland?

New England?

St. Louis?

Buffalo?

San Francisco?

Kansas City?

The Jets are the only team with a good pass rush that we play in the 2nd half.

How did Pennington beat the Broncos?

He threw no TDs, had just over a 50% completion rating and was bailed out by his defense due to the 3 INTs that they snagged. Actually one of those INTs was returned for a TD, so Penny had nothing to do with those 7 points either. The offense was basicly 4 FGs and a fourth quarter TD plunge by Ronnie Brown.

The Dolphins wins have been pretty impressive.

However, losses to Arizona and Houston allow doubt to creep in about the strength of the Dolphins.

Losing in Arizona is hardly the end of the world. They have the best offense in the NFL and have won 9 of their last 11 home games.

The Houston game we just played terrible and still should've won. A couple of bogus calls on the final drive and an amazing catch by Andre Johnson allowed them to steal a 1 point victory.

But those games were a long time ago. This team has improve lightyears since then.

Yeah, the Miami Dolphins are going to go 6-2 down the stetch. :hand:

And please, Miami will not beat the Jets, nor will they beat New England in the rematch. Thats 2 L's right there and Miami will screw up at least once somewhere else, at least. 8-8 or 9-7.

I cannot wait for Miami to fall right on their faces so dumb**** know nothing *******s like Aqua can flee the board for a few months.

I was anticipating the ultimate homer to make his usual visit and make no sense once again.

Of course if you say we'll lose to the Pats and Jets than we will. That is indeed the end all to everything.

Can you tell me who will win every game this week so I can do a 14 leg parlay and win a bunch of money?

Losing in Arizona is hardly the end of the world. They have the best offense in the NFL and have won 9 of their last 11 home games.

The Houston game we just played terrible and still should've won. A couple of bogus calls on the final drive and an amazing catch by Andre Johnson allowed them to steal a 1 point victory.

But those games were a long time ago. This team has improve lightyears since then.

I wouldnt be surprised if the phins make a serious run at the division next year, but I just dont think this is the year. I'm worried now, because of your remaining games, but ill be a ton more next year due to the actual team.

What is the point of two threads on the same topic, both created by Dolphins fans? Other than to instigate, might I add.

The first one had a title that was completel irrelevant to the topic. Therefore I did not see it when checking to see if the article had already been posted.

And not everything that goes against the Jets is antaginizing. There is more than just one opinion out there; don't be so close-minded.

Just so I'm understanding this correctly:

1) They expect us to lose to New England.

2) Despite losing to New England, they expect the division to come down to us and Miami (meaning despite New England having at least 6 wins according to them, they have no shot at the division)

3) And they expect a warm weather Miami team to beat us in the season finale to beat us at the meadowlands in late December.

Not saying it couldn't happen, but seems they are taking a leap of faith with their predictions.

**** talking is all these *******s fins fans are good for. I have an idea shut the **** up and let the play of your team do the talking. It seems like you're less trying to convince us then you are trying to convince yourselves. I'll see you guys here on January when the Jets are in the Playoffs and the Miami Fins aren't and all 5 Dolfag fans in the world are upset.

**** talking is all these *******s fins fans are good for. I have an idea shut the **** up and let the play of your team do the talking. It seems like you're less trying to convince us then you are trying to convince yourselves. I'll see you guys here on January when the Jets are in the Playoffs and the Miami Fins aren't and all 5 Dolfag fans in the world are upset.

So you'd prefer we don't discuss it?

Okay, I have one question for you.

Why the hell are you on an INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD then?

I was anticipating the ultimate homer to make his usual visit and make no sense once again.

Of course if you say we'll lose to the Pats and Jets than we will. That is indeed the end all to everything.

Can you tell me who will win every game this week so I can do a 14 leg parlay and win a bunch of money?

Can your yahoo crystal ball tell me who will win every game this week so I can do a 14 leg parlay and win a bunch of money?

We had Pennington too. The guy gives you hope only to be let down. Enjoy it while you can.

The first one had a title that was completel irrelevant to the topic. Therefore I did not see it when checking to see if the article had already been posted.

And not everything that goes against the Jets is antaginizing. There is more than just one opinion out there; don't be so close-minded.

You're silly. I'm close-minded because I wonder why a thread was started?

The funny thing about people calling others close-minded is they are usually the close®-minded person. I think that's the case here; what do you know about me to defer that I'm close-minded? You think (incorrectly, if I might say) that the articles are antagonizing because they go against the Jets. That's totally not what I'm saying. Your intended result with this thread was to incite and it worked. Please tell me how it's anything else.

By the way, are you seriously trying to convince yourself that two threads created by Dolphins fans on a Jets website like that (pro-Dolphins, anti-Jets) meant to do anything other than antagonize?

These idiots have a hard on for the dolphins dont they?

How the f#ck do they have the Dolphins @ #1.

Those idiots will be lucky to be over .500 at the end of the season. Teal and orange winning the division? RIDICULOUS!

You're silly. I'm close-minded because I wonder why a thread was started?

The funny thing about people calling others close-minded is they are usually the close®-minded person. I think that's the case here; what do you know about me to defer that I'm close-minded? You think (incorrectly, if I might say) that the articles are antagonizing because they go against the Jets. That's totally not what I'm saying. Your intended result with this thread was to incite and it worked. Please tell me how it's anything else.

By the way, are you seriously trying to convince yourself that two threads created by Dolphins fans on a Jets website like that (pro-Dolphins, anti-Jets) meant to do anything other than antagonize?

Because you think the only reason I started the thread was to get a rise out of you guys. I just want to generate a decent discussion but it's impossible because no one here wants to talk about anything other than Brett Favre.

The first one, I was unaware of. This one I started as a platform for discussion. Nothing more, nothing less.

I will now leave again until Sunday because I can't find a decent conversation here.

Archived