Yahoo! Crystal Ball Predictions

Aqua4ever04

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because you think the only reason I started the thread was to get a rise out of you guys. I just want to generate a decent discussion but it's impossible because no one here wants to talk about anything other than Brett Favre.

The first one, I was unaware of. This one I started as a platform for discussion. Nothing more, nothing less.

I will now leave again until Sunday because I can't find a decent conversation here.

Funny, you're the first one in this little discussion to:

a) Talk about Brett Favre.

and

B) Start using insults. (I'm apparently close-minded)

Which seemingly goes against that sig of yours, and the fact that you claim to just want a discussion. Why attack others if you want nothing more than a discussion? Your argument is just toally invalid, as for the conversation thing. All I see you doing is posting up articles (coincidentally all pro-Dolphins) to convince yourself the Dolphins are in good shape. You claim you do it for discussion, but then wouldn't you also discuss the negative side of your team and the positive of the other? You're attacking me for refusing to do that based on a simple question that as of yet has an unsatisfactory answer. Doesn't add up.

I agree the division will come down to the last day, and while any team COULD be a part of it, I tend to think Buffalo will be out of it come the last day.

I think the Phins finish 9-7, with a shot at 10-6, and a chance of being 8-8. Fact is, Chad always made the playoffs with cake schedules like the Phins have now, BUT, he also tended to start off red hot, then cool down the stretch.

Just me

Funny, you're the first one in this little discussion to:

a) Talk about Brett Favre.

and

B) Start using insults. (I'm apparently close-minded)

Which seemingly goes against that sig of yours, and the fact that you claim to just want a discussion. Why attack others if you want nothing more than a discussion? Your argument is just toally invalid, as for the conversation thing. All I see you doing is posting up articles (coincidentally all pro-Dolphins) to convince yourself the Dolphins are in good shape. You claim you do it for discussion, but then wouldn't you also discuss the negative side of your team and the positive of the other? You're attacking me for refusing to do that based on a simple question that as of yet has an unsatisfactory answer. Doesn't add up.

You made a genralized statement and were presumptious about the intent of this thread. You were certain I started the thread just to cause a stir. That's close-minded in my opinion.

And how exctly is calling someone close-minded talking smack? I'm just telling you to open your mind and consider that maybe not every Dolphins fan in the world wants to have a **** throwing contest.

I think its a bit ironic when Miami fans call Jets fans homers. :rl:

They apparently have a better team than us yet we are 5-3, they are 4-4, and we beat them in their house, minus our Kicker.

If you think that the Dolphins are as bad now as they were in week 1, I have absolutely no answer for you.

And do you realize you just wrote three consecutive posts directed at Dolphins fans without a single one of them being responded by a Phins fan?

The Phins have a big chance IMO. They've went through the tough element of their schedule and have came through 4-4 which is outstanding considering what happened last season. The rest of their schedule is absolutely pitiful, they'll probably still screw it up like the Miami Dolphins tend to do but I wouldn't rule them out yet.

I'm talking playoffs BTW, not division. I'm can't see them winning the East.

And if you don't believe the Jets are better than how they played in Week 1 with a lot more time for Favre to learn the playbook and gain chemistry with receivers, plus the new defenders have had more time to gel and are now playing very well, well then I'm sorry you escaped the institution.

is it sunday already?

I thought you were leaving...

:rl:

Its going to be awesome when Chad plays like Chad again once they get done with the NFL's worst secondaries this season, mainly due to minimal pass rush (San Diego, New England, Denver without Champ Bailey).

You made a genralized statement and were presumptious about the intent of this thread. You were certain I started the thread just to cause a stir. That's close-minded in my opinion.

And how exctly is calling someone close-minded talking smack? I'm just telling you to open your mind and consider that maybe not every Dolphins fan in the world wants to have a **** throwing contest.

I asked a question, and expected an answer other than the one reason I had posted. What did I get? Someone calling me close-minded. Based off a question I'm presumptious and close-minded. There's no discussion taking place. You're not trying to open my mind at all as much as you keep trying to convince yourself. I know that every Dolphins fan doesn't want to have a **** throwing contest--although I'm hardly going to include you in that list. No grounds to say that, and contrary to your belief, I have nothing against negative news for the Jets. I'm expecting us to end the year tied for last in the AFCE with you guys at 8-8.

And if you don't believe the Jets are better than how they played in Week 1 with a lot more time for Favre to learn the playbook and gain chemistry with receivers, plus the new defenders have had more time to gel and are now playing very well, well then I'm sorry you escaped the institution.

You mean the team that lost to the 2nd worst team in the NFL just two weeks ago?

I asked a question, and expected an answer other than the one reason I had posted. What did I get? Someone calling me close-minded. Based off a question I'm presumptious and close-minded. There's no discussion taking place. You're not trying to open my mind at all as much as you keep trying to convince yourself. I know that every Dolphins fan doesn't want to have a **** throwing contest--although I'm hardly going to include you in that list. No grounds to say that, and contrary to your belief, I have nothing against negative news for the Jets. I'm expecting us to end the year tied for last in the AFCE with you guys at 8-8.

I wasn't replying to the two threads question; I replied to that by saying I didn't see the other thread because of its irrelevant title.

The close-minded comment was in response to you calling me an antagonist for starting the thread.

Aqua, dont you have a website dedicated to Dolphin fans? Why dont you post there instead of irritating us with all this Dolphin talk. You are obviously doing it to get a rise out of posters on here. Noone on here gives a **** about the faggy teal and orange unless it has to do with them losing or taking our spot atop the AFC East ( which will not happen).

Until then, keep the Dolphin chatter to a minimum.

I wasn't replying to the two threads question; I replied to that by saying I didn't see the other thread because of its irrelevant title.

The close-minded comment was in response to you calling me an antagonist for starting the thread.

That would technially fall under a conditional to answer the question. Whatever. I don't see a purpose to either thread other than to incite so I questioned your other motives. I'm not too big a fan of arguing speculations from some guy on yahoo, I'd be surprised if many people here are.

Aqua, dont you have a website dedicated to Dolphin fans? Why dont you post there instead of irritating us with all this Dolphin talk. You are obviously doing it to get a rise out of posters on here. Noone on here gives a **** about the faggy teal and orange unless it has to do with them losing or taking our spot atop the AFC East ( which will not happen).

Until then, keep the Dolphin chatter to a minimum.

Contradiction in term right there. You do realize that, that is precisely what this thread is about, right?

That would technially fall under a conditional to answer the question. Whatever. I don't see a purpose to either thread other than to incite so I questioned your other motives. I'm not too big a fan of arguing speculations from some guy on yahoo, I'd be surprised if many people here are.

Fair enough. I commend you for conducting yourself in a respectable manner. That's a lot more than I can say for a lot of your peers.

How 'bout that team that lost to the team that lost to the 2nd worst team in the NFL? :Typotux:

You have manipulated the facts. The topic was how the Dolphins and Jets have come a long way since that week one game. The Jets recently lost to the Raiders while the Dolphins recently beat two teams that are over .500.

Fair enough. I commend you for conducting yourself in a respectable manner. That's a lot more than I can say for a lot of your peers.

If our conduct is so reprehensible, why don't you just leave? I know the temptation to put on your Daddy Pants and tell us kids to settle down must be overwhelming, but your team does have its own message boards, after all.

If our conduct is so reprehensible, why don't you just leave? I know the temptation to put on your Daddy Pants and tell us kids to settle down must be overwhelming, but your team does have its own message boards, after all.

Every once and a while there my time is made worth while. I just don't see why there are members that insist on using profanities and instigating smack talk just because there is a Dolphins logo in my sig.

Contradiction in term right there. You do realize that, that is precisely what this thread is about, right?

Just because some idiot blogger on yahoo says the Dolphins are #1 doesnt make it so. Take a gander at the AFC East Standings, you guys are in last place, while the JETS are in 1st, so really, nothing else need be said.

Just because some idiot blogger on yahoo says the Dolphins are #1 doesnt make it so. Take a gander at the AFC East Standings, you guys are in last place, while the JETS are in 1st, so really, nothing else need be said.

It's a projection, it's not saying the Dolphins are currently in first.

What makes him an idiot? Because he disagrees with you?

It's a projection, it's not saying the Dolphins are currently in first.

What makes him an idiot? Because he disagrees with you?

Because only an idiot would rank the lowly Dolphins ahead of the GREAT NEW YORK JETS! :)

But on a more serious note 5-3> 4-4

Projections are bullsh#t, standings however never lie.

Charles Robinson

Charles Robinson is an award-winning writer who has covered the NFL for newspapers in Michigan and Florida. He also has extensive experience reporting on college football. He graduated from Michigan State with a degree in journalism.

:eek:

Because only an idiot would rank the lowly Dolphins ahead of the GREAT NEW YORK JETS! :)

But on a more serious note 5-3> 4-4

Projections are bullsh#t, numbers never lie.

Umm.... yes they do.

I remember last year in the Cardinals / Redskins game the Cards had some 370 yards while the Redskins had some 150 yet the Redskins were the team that won.

You have manipulated the facts. The topic was how the Dolphins and Jets have come a long way since that week one game. The Jets recently lost to the Raiders while the Dolphins recently beat two teams that are over .500.

I know, I was just messing. I didn't mean that to say that you're worse than the Raiders or anything like that. :cheers:

Charles Robinson

Charles Robinson is an award-winning writer who has covered the NFL for newspapers in Michigan and Florida. He also has extensive experience reporting on college football. He graduated from Michigan State with a degree in journalism.

:eek:

Merril Hodge said the Dolphins will win the division too. He has no Florida ties that I'm aware of.

Archived