If season ended today..

Jetkid94

who would win defensive mvp?

Porter or Jenkins? both have had nice impacts, but porter has the numbers while jenkins doesent get numbers for clogging the middle.

Porter would probably get it on the stats. But fortunately the season doesn't end today. Popcorn is getting too full of himself and will fizzle the rest of the way.

Hmmmmm, I'll go with Joey Porter, he's doing a fantastic job this year of pile driving QB's into the ground. Actually, 1 of his 11 1/2 sacks this year was your very own Brett Favre.

Damn, I never would have guessed Jerry Porter coming from you. This coming from a guy who said Beck was a better QB than Pennington last season...my, my have things changed when they become biased.

Damn, I never would have guessed Jerry Porter coming from you. This coming from a guy who said Beck was a better QB than Pennington last season...my, my have things changed when they become biased.

Similar to everybody here saying Clemens was a better QB than Chad...

Homerism knows boundies NIGHT STALKER.

Well, considering they were both on our team when it was said, perhaps not.

Oh, and JetKid... this was a really dumb thread to start. Why give the Dolphin's fans more reason to come out of their shame-holes?

Good comeback. Except ... Chad and Clemens were both Jets when people took sides about who was better. How is that homerism?

I just feel the need to say that if the season ended today, it would be the first season to end in week 10.

Just wanted to point that out.

Im pretty sure they had 10 week or less seasons back in the 20's actually.

I'd go with Joey Porter--you need the stats to win the defensive player of the year award.

Being objective, I'm sad to say you're right. I disagree with it, but you have to have flash and pizzaz to win an award like this. Has a nose tackle ever won it? And if he did, he was probably a stoud interior pass rusher ala Warren Sapp.

I would say that Porter has had a better season than Jenkins (not to discredit his invaluable play to the Jets) but Joey has just been tremendous and makes the plays when we need them most.

One thing is for sure; neither the Jets or Dolphins would be where they are without these respective players.

Archived