David Thomas fined $7,500

Gainzo

If you watched Sunday Night Football I'm sure you all saw Thomas' boneheaded play.

Why the hell was he fined? There was no malice in the hit as he simply blocked a guy after the whistle. No head high or low contact. He simply pushed the guy over.

Patriots TE David Thomas has been fined $7,500 by the NFL for unnecessary roughness in the team's Nov. 2 game against the Colts.

The league fined Thomas based on striking an opponent late on a running play. That was the fourth-quarter play in which Thomas was penalized and the Patriots were knocked out of field-goal range.

Thomas said he did not hear the whistle on the play.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/11/david_thomas_fi.html

Since the NFL rescinded Tucks fine I hope they do the same for Thomas. If this stands does it mean that every personal foul is going to earn players a fine?

If you watched Sunday Night Football I'm sure you all saw Thomas' boneheaded play.

Why the hell was he fined? There was no malice in the hit as he simply blocked a guy after the whistle. No head high or low contact. He simply pushed the guy over.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/11/david_thomas_fi.html

Since the NFL rescinded Tucks fine I hope they do the same for Thomas. If this stands does it mean that every personal foul is going to earn players a fine?

Tuck = legal, clean play

Thomas = Illegal, flagged, dirty play.

I was wondering where the hell the flag was for the late hit, but the idiot ref didnt throw one. It was blatantly a late hit, and he does deserve to be fined. It shouldve cost him 10 yrds, but we all know the almighty patriots seldom get flagged.

A flag was thrown for a late hit. My point was that it wasn't a dirty hit as Thomas simply pushed the guy over.

If Dallas Clark did the same thing to Matt Light I would feel the same way.

Ummm.....Tuck got hit with a 15 yard personal foul for his hit as well.

I think he wants to stir the pot. Of all the ridiculous fines this year Thomas' has to be the most perplexing.

When the CBA is up after next season the players are going to have a field day on the NFL's inconsistent levying of fines.

Agreed. Christ this is getting ridiculous. Goodell is really annoying me these days with all the fines levied. I bet most of the players from the 60's and 70's look at today's NFL in shame and embarrassment.:bag:

unfortunately, this is all a product of the salary cap and the multi-million dollar player. If a team loses a QB, more often than not, they're done. Therefore, they are going to protect those guys just short of giving them a red jersey

unfortunately, this is all a product of the salary cap and the multi-million dollar player. If a team loses a QB, more often than not, they're done. Therefore, they are going to protect those guys just short of giving them a red jersey

That makes no sense at all. When Tom Brady got his knee destroyed there wasn't a flag or a fine.

David Thomas pushed a guy over after the whistle and gets a $7500 fine.

That makes no sense at all. When Tom Brady got his knee destroyed there wasn't a flag or a fine.

David Thomas pushed a guy over after the whistle and gets a $7500 fine.

Patriot fans love to whine huh?

Brady got his knee hurt during the course of PLAY... not AFTER THE WHISTLE BLEW.

Patriot fans love to whine huh?

Brady got his knee hurt during the course of PLAY... not AFTER THE WHISTLE BLEW.

According to the NFL a player CANT HIT A QB AT OR BELOW THE KNEE.

Seriously mate, give it up. The David Thomas fine is BS and everyone, apart from you, knows it.

According to the NFL a player CANT HIT A QB AT OR BELOW THE KNEE.

Seriously mate, give it up. The David Thomas fine is BS and everyone, apart from you, knows it.

I don't think it's BS, sorry.. You hit someone after the whistle, you get fined. Sorry. Players let their guard down after the whistle, because that's what they are TOLD TO DO... hit someone and they can be seriously hurt.

I don't think it's BS, sorry.. You hit someone after the whistle, you get fined. Sorry. Players let their guard down after the whistle, because that's what they are TOLD TO DO... hit someone and they can be seriously hurt.

Since when? Last week?

I don't follow you. Your earlier point was specifically about the value of QBs. Now you're saying it's all the same?

No, my EXAMPLE was about QBs. Other players going down can be the end of a team too. Look at the Eagles. Westbrook is not there for the season and they aren't the same team.

Archived